Gran Turismo Sport 1.13 Update Now Available

I made a clear example saying I would trade some tracks for others (so not new tracks but there should have been others to start with).

So what has that got to do with the 1.13 update then?

Further SPA was, I thought at least, a clear example of something they could have offered since they already have the data. Thinking of it you are right, they have data for almost all of those if not all of them.

But Spa is modelled by PS3 standards. It would not look good in GT Sport.

Why don’t you suggest to FIA to start having reverse layouts and see what they say? Please let me know

What makes you think that FIA would object against tracks that also have a reverse layout? As long as the track is designed with a reverse layout in mind (kerbs, gravel traps, barriers, pit entry and exit, distance to turn 1) I'm pretty sure they'd be fine with it.

Just like they're fine with tracks having multiple layouts.

As a genuine question though I would be curios to know how much time it takes them to create layouts.

Depends on how big the changes are. In some cases you can create a new layout by just adding a new curve to connect two parts of the track. In other cases they just use the same scenery to build an entirely new track, and that obviously takes a bit more time.

By that standard also new fantasy tracks should be quick, it should be just remodelling the old ones they had.

You mean the old ones from GT6? That's not related to this. They would have to rebuild everything to meet the standards of the GT Sport graphics. That's not the same thing as adding a couple of new curves to create a new layout.

New fantasy tracks are probably faster than modelling new real tracks though, as you don't need the same reference material and you don't have to stay close to an original.

It’s actually pretty normal that games like this don’t like/don’t want to replicate that massive turbo lag, would you imagine poor guys with the controller trying to hold the car with an analog stick and trigger instead of a wheel+pedal? It would be awful. The F40 already should’ve had turbo lag but there isn’t, we have to kinda accept that we won’t ever get that type of simulation in GT. (this of course if they don’t decide one day to go full sim but I doubt it)

Oh I'm not really arguing that, however there is "counter steer assist" mode specifically tailored for controllers in GTS (and now PC2). But that shouldn't deprive us of the true feeling of the care if we want to play with a wheel/sim setup, and the turbo lag and lack of unrealistic grip is really present in this F1 car. That is not the case in other games with 80s F1 cars or other cars for that matter, and even in GTS, because you mentioned F40 - it actually has quite a bit of turbo lag and feels very good. I managed to get almost identical times and very similar feel with Assetto Corsa's F40 - and you know their Ferraris are probably the most realistic since Kunos Simulazioni is Ferrari's "house" simulation company.

The issue I mostly have with GT is that up until a few years back it was very realistic as far as video games are concerned, hence the title "the real racing simulator". As of now, with more race "sims" being more realistic than GTS, I am criticizing them for using the title of "the real racing simulator". It's not that I want them to drop it (although as of now, with GTS, it's literally 100% false advertising), but that I wish they would work much harder on their physics model to make it competitive and realistic again.

And as far as this update, I'm criticising them for putting in a car like this, which is a great idea but feels incredibly unrealistic, but not addressing issues like low speed grip/torque, non-ABS physics and especially the abysmal clutch implementation.

I’m glad more people appreciate the launch versions of cars. I know Turn 10 Studios typically includes the most beefed up end-of-production cars in their games. I’m glad PD does it the other way.

Remember that Forza 7 vs GT:Sport visual comparison video from (I think) Digital Foundry? They also took an in depth look at the Mazda MX-5 (ND) in both games and while the Turn 10 variant seemed to have all options available, the PD variant was a much more basic car.

I for one like this 4.2L V8 Audi R8 as it was the first engine the R8 was released with in 2006. That’s car culture nostalgia and history right there, that’s what GT is all about for me.

If we later also get the newer 2016 R8 with the V10 engine then everyone is happy.

I concur. It's always nice to get the top-range model of a car, but its always the same model in every game (NFS, PC2, FH3 and FM7) so its nice to get a slightly more obscure basic model in GTS.

Would love to see more of this. Maybe the Skyline could get the GTS-T model? Add the new Camaro V6 maybe?

Making tracks takes a long ass time, it took Turn 10 with 15 artists working on it for 1.5 YEARS to make Nurburgring for this generation. You can imagine how the timelines for these things work out, fact is you're gonna be very very lucky to have 2-3 tracks released per year at the max. And some will surely be held back for the next iteration.
So far I've actually been very impressed with PD's DLC rollout compared to GT5 and 6, where it was an inconsistent mess, with content dropping without notice and with sparse periods in between. Sport consistently added 12 cars per month, Forza only manages 7 per month for comparison, for a company like PD it's indeed super impressive,
The question now is what the plan is beyond march, will the DLC continue or stop, paid or not, etc.

Just noticed:
i1TjLvS1tIFgO.jpg

Trackmania anyone? :lol:

... And the myth of the FIA helping PD in the circuit rules is refuted.

And some people believed that Deep Forest was being adapted to FIA rules. OK then.

Marketing moves. This is it.

Has anyone mentioned that when you view peoples liveries it no longer shows just a thumbnail but you can select a preview. Or am being dumb and that was always there lol?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your post above said can't. Typo? Either way our league won't use it because we are non tuning and that thing stock will be a nightmare for many

how so? the car comes with RM tires by default, and even then it's pretty stable granted you dont go full throttle too early

I am complaining for tracks that should have had priority over your ovals (are you seriously asking for other ovals? Weren’t enough those at release that they felt compelled to spend time adding layouts to them and even adding them to gt sport every other day? Lol)

You are failing to understand that real life fictional tracks take far longer to make. So instead of having a 3 month gap with no new tracks, part of the team makes variations till said new tracks release.

Unless you want to wait for the new tracks while getting no new variations.....which would be completely illogical and selfish considering many people do enjoy the new variations.

That's self-entitlement for you. People these days are unbelievably spoiled, because of some developers and publishers who always feel the need to make their games bigger and bigger with each release, and at a faster rate. Because games get bigger at a rapid rate these days, people tend to expect more and more and more and more, and they want it now.

People don't understand (or refuse to understand no matter how valid or how factual the explanations thrown to their faces are) that developing games TAKE TIME. They require a lot of work, tons even. Example, Assassin's Creed. Ever wonder why Ubisoft managed to churn out an Assassin's Creed game every year in the previous years? Because they had multiple studios with lots of people working on different titles. For example, Studio A is working on the current game, while Studio B is working on the next game, etc etc. and so on. Polyphony Digital, on the other hand, is just one studio. One. One studio with really not as much people as the other, bigger developer studios out there, and more than that, they really like to take their time. It's been stated over and over and over and over again that, in PD's world, each car in the game is being rendered for six months by just one artist and only that artist. This is to maintain consistency across all the cars. And for people who would argue that "why not just reuse the models from GT6", do you honestly want another GT5 Premium/Standard garbage fest? Really now. People call not having Spa included in this 1.13 update as "lazy"? The Premium/Standard case in GT5 IS lazy. I can't believe how "starting from scratch" is a bad thing to these bunch of ranters and whiners.

I don't understand why it's hard for people ranting and whining to think that the DLC that we are getting is FREE. Stuff we didn't have to pay for in the first place.

POST OF THE THREAD

The amount of self entitlement it takes to not only whine about new free content but do it in a climate where lootboxes and microtransactions are making billions for gaming companies is pathetic.

Makes me wish PD start charging for the tracks these people want so much so they realise how spoilt they are.

New track doesn't just mean "new path to race on", it means new scenery, new vibe. What we got is just an alternate layout, same as all the Maggiore variants.
No, a new path could mean a new "lazy" track, but a new track after all.

Your post above said can't. Typo? Either way our league won't use it because we are non tuning and that thing stock will be a nightmare for many

When you assume....

I drove it with No TCS. It's actually easier to drive without TCS than with it. It drives better than any of the VGT turned GR1 cars and better than it did in GT6.

People need to stop using TCS in general.

... And the myth of the FIA helping PD in the circuit rules is refuted.

And some people believed that Deep Forest was being adapted to FIA rules. OK then.

Marketing moves. This is it.
Considering that tracks like Tokyo Expressway exists, i doubted if PDI and FIA even cared about actual "FIA Approved tracks" in the first place.
Has anyone mentioned that when you view peoples liveries it no longer shows just a thumbnail but you can select a preview. Or am being dumb and that was always there lol?
That's a new feature for this update actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad, 100% Power is the highest you can go and 100% Weight us the lowest you can go. If that's clearer?
Yup .For fun I'll detune it to normal ranges but what I said about driving it holds true. All I said was it will be a nightmare for many. I'm talking about people in our league that use controllers or whatever the reason. We drive with no TCS so it can be a bit daunting to some.

There is the universal rule: Whoever works as a team, the best result will be achieved. Right?

I think PD could have thirds designers to produce their circuits. What is the problem? Centralization?

PD circuits do not have extraordinary graphics like their cars. The circuits are little ugly, actually. Its normal! Basic! But, ilumination, is very good

Example thirds designers: Turn 10 and Playground. Result: 40 circuits. Awesome !!!

Pay for DLC? It depends. If PD sold six circuits (including its variations) for eight or ten dollars, every four months, I would pay. With pleasure. It would be an affordable and seductive price. And would not split the community.

Last edited:
There is the universal rule: Whoever works as a team, the best result will be achieved. Right?

I think PD could have thirds designers to produce their circuits. What is the problem? Centralization?

PD circuits do not have extraordinary graphics like their cars. The circuits are little ugly, actually. Its normal! Basic! But, ilumination, is very good

Example thirds designers: Turn 10 and Playground. Result: 40 circuits. Awesome !!!

Pay for DLC? It depends. If she sold six circuits for eight or ten dollars, every four months, I would pay. With prqzer. It would be an affordable and seductive price. I would not split the community.
So anything you are pleased with?

I’m glad more people appreciate the launch versions of cars.

Don't be so sure about that. It may seem that way, based on the forums, but GTPlanet is still only a small portion of the whole GT community.

I know Turn 10 Studios typically includes the most beefed up end-of-production cars in their games. I’m glad PD does it the other way.

I think PD is just saving those top-tier versions for their paid DLC because it'll make more sense to charge for them. Your tastes are your tastes but, honestly, I can't wrap my head around wanting the most basic version of a car, especially in a video-game, an ideal setting, where money is significantly easier to come by and there are no limited availability issues (which these high-tier cars often have). Did you have a problem buying a car, at some point, where the optional extras left such a scar it's best to just go basic everywhere?

I for one like this 4.2L V8 Audi R8 as it was the first engine the R8 was released with in 2006. That’s car culture nostalgia and history right there, that’s what GT is all about for me.

As the old saying goes: "Whatever floats your boat." Personally, GT is about racing and more recent models provide, generally, better racing because they're faster and drive better too. I don't get the whole preference for older models because they were the first at X, Y or Z. Between the first 4WD car and something with decades of 4WD knowledge and perfecting underneath, I'll have the modern 4WD any day.

I feel like all this free DLC that PD has been giving out is causing some problems in the community. It seems like people are starting to act like things that were never promised are now owed to them, and are posting rants and getting upset over how things don’t go exactly how they envisioned. They could pull the plug on free dlc after March if they wanted too, there’s nothing written anywhere saying that all DLC must be free. Heck, they weren’t even obligated to make additional content from the start.

If the next real world track was paid DLC, how would the community react?

This what happens when people start hyping things up also getting excited with confidence that a certain content will come only to be disappointed in the end because they did not get what they wanted.

You are failing to understand that real life fictional tracks take far longer to make. So instead of having a 3 month gap with no new tracks, part of the team makes variations till said new tracks release.

Not to mention we have the FIA in this game. Every real-life race track they would license to PD would have to be spot-on 100% accurate. Exact width of the track, radius of each corner, how bumpy or smooth the road surface is, how many rumbles there are in a rumble strip, and so on.

The amount of self entitlement it takes to not only whine about new free content but do it in a climate where lootboxes and microtransactions are making billions for gaming companies is pathetic.

Makes me wish PD start charging for the tracks these people want so much so they realise how spoilt they are.

Exactly, right? Scummy AAA publishers these days purposely railroad you into their predatory microtransactions, while PD over here just pushes out extra content with no extra charge. I'm telling you right now, some of these people who complain on the lack of race tracks and insist on "willing to pay for race tracks right now" will turn back on their word and crucify PD if PD does decide to charge extra for new race tracks.

Pay for DLC? It depends. If PD sold six circuits (including its variations) for eight or ten dollars, every four months, I would pay. With pleasure. It would be an affordable and seductive price. And would not split the community.

How on earth does paid DLC not split the community? Please, do tell. Because paid DLC back in GT5 prevented some players from accessing Twin Motegi.

That's self-entitlement for you. People these days are unbelievably spoiled, because of some developers and publishers who always feel the need to make their games bigger and bigger with each release, and at a faster rate. Because games get bigger at a rapid rate these days, people tend to expect more and more and more and more, and they want it now.

People don't understand (or refuse to understand no matter how valid or how factual the explanations thrown to their faces are) that developing games TAKE TIME. They require a lot of work, tons even. Example, Assassin's Creed. Ever wonder why Ubisoft managed to churn out an Assassin's Creed game every year in the previous years? Because they had multiple studios with lots of people working on different titles. For example, Studio A is working on the current game, while Studio B is working on the next game, etc etc. and so on. Polyphony Digital, on the other hand, is just one studio. One. One studio with really not as much people as the other, bigger developer studios out there, and more than that, they really like to take their time. It's been stated over and over and over and over again that, in PD's world, each car in the game is being rendered for six months by just one artist and only that artist. This is to maintain consistency across all the cars. And for people who would argue that "why not just reuse the models from GT6", do you honestly want another GT5 Premium/Standard garbage fest? Really now. People call not having Spa included in this 1.13 update as "lazy"? The Premium/Standard case in GT5 IS lazy. I can't believe how "starting from scratch" is a bad thing to these bunch of ranters and whiners.

I don't understand why it's hard for people ranting and whining to think that the DLC that we are getting is FREE. Stuff we didn't have to pay for in the first place.
No company gets a free pass on content just because the content is free. People paid full price for the game and are going to be critical of the direction it's heading, that's how the world works. I find a lot more entitlement in the mentality that people should, in effect, shut the hell up because it's "FREE". Who are you to be critical of other people and pass judgement on how they contribute to these forums and how they feel about the new content? That's entitlement.

Did you have a problem buying a car, at some point, where the optional extras left such a scar it's best to just go basic everywhere?
Lol seriously what a weird question. I can’t appreciate the basics of a sports car without it needing to have the most powerful upgrades on the market?

For the record I drive a Ford Focus Titanium TDCi of 115 BHP with a handful of additional options over what is already the highest trim available here on the Belgian market.

Unless you want to wait for the new tracks while getting no new variations.....which would be completely illogical and selfish considering many people do enjoy the new variations.

Thing is though that you dont seem to take two things into consideration:

1) With PDs manpower, more tracks should have been in the game on release and more than one new track should have been added since release. Especially since they are so much behind the competition in this regard.
2) In game development, the track artists are done with their part of the work months before the game gets released. About 3 months before release, you normally have a freeze on content, after that it is only testing, adressing bugs and polishing. So in about 8 months they achieved to release 1 actually new track and a bunch of variations. Sorry but that is really pretty poor. A single good track modeller could have get more done.

Back