Gran Turismo Sport 1.31 Update Now Available: 7 New Cars, New Tokyo Track and More

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 591 comments
I have lost my attention for this game despite permanent updates. I want GT 7 with this physics better graphics ( real 4k ), 1200 cars, tuninig possibilities.

I am judging games on there current state. Maybe PD will fix them, maybe not. But that isn't the excuse to give one game a pass over another But as it stands this is what we have, as public what we have access to. it isn't nitpicking. You can't base it on maybes. This is what we have at the moment. Why people have a hard time accepting it is the most puzzling? In general GT Sport's car looked better than Driveclub's. But on the flip side, it has some that are the worst around. Why cannot people just accept that? Lod or not. It is here. A former Evolution Studio's employee could claim their original models were of a higher quality. So does that change anything? Judge on what we have NOW! Bugs, lod or any other issues are not what I am talking about. Hope that finally sinks in.

Sheesh...

The LOD is important, even Driveclub uses different Lod... and is a 30 fps game with only 12 cars on track... GTS is a 60 fps game with 24 cars on track...

DC ingame
driveclub_20181210113cdevd.png

DC fotomode on track
driveclub_20181210113czdz5.png

Now I am really curious about the beginning of rumors.

whatever, people have the freedom to decide what to believe.

@usmaan I've read that tweet, BTW.

I have lost my attention for this game despite permanent updates. I want GT 7 with this physics better graphics ( real 4k ), 1200 cars, tuninig possibilities.

They better have 1500 「Hyper Premium」 cars and over 100 tracks when the game launch:drool: (Native 8K with PS5)

...oh, and 49.9 USD season pass maybe:cheers:

Last edited:
Haven't had a car perform this since owning the game. Fugu Z, you're a winner to me.

Cool shot. The Alfa MiTo frequently gets on 3 wheels like that, you can even get both back wheels off the ground and put the front bumper through the floor. Probably not what you're looking for though ;)

Any track where the fastest way 'round is to ride the wall, well, something has gone wrong.

Which walls are you riding that allow you to go faster than normal cornering?

Besides if you are going to judge tracks based on how you can cheat offline, then Interlagos is crap as you can drive through turns 1 & 2 in a straight line, Le Sarthe you can blast through the two chicanes at the end, same as Catalunya. And so on. And none of it is applicable to proper races (daily/FIA).

They better have 1500 「Hyper Premium」 cars and over 100 tracks when the game launch:drool: (Native 8K with PS5)

...oh, and 49.9 USD season pass maybe:cheers:
You are in for a huge disappointment if you expect even close to that many cars in GT7, unless you don’t want it to be released until 2028 that is.

I’m so glad PD finally dropped this sort of numbers fixation and instead focus on quality over quantity. Let them keep going that route now, shall we?

I doubt that will happen. For their cars Numbers. 1200 premium cars for gt7 seems unlikely but 600-700 is possible with 40 locations maybe. Gt6 had 1200 cars. But less than 500 was premiums. And tons of duplicates. And if we can get 600-700 cars with detail we have now for gt7 it would be great.

And bringing back the upgrade parts, career mode and stuff it could be the best gt yet

You are in for a huge disappointment if you expect even close to that many cars in GT7, unless you don’t want it to be released until 2028 that is.

I’m so glad PD finally dropped this sort of numbers fixation and instead focus on quality over quantity. Let them keep going that route now, shall we?

Don't misunderstand! I support the current development pattern more than you think.. (satire someone)
just some people still don’t understand the quantity takes time to accumulate :dunce:

Last edited:
very strange that with over 260 cars you have taken a photo just of that car :lol:
I found this post particularly amusing, considering this is practically what you do every time you start comparing other games. You focus on a handful of cars and insinuate the whole game is bad because of minor issues that you can only notice because you zoomed into it at microscopic levels :lol: Its interesting seeing the shoe on the other foot for you now.

It's also funny seeing the same people unwilling to accept that all games have their own discrepancies, even GTS. That doesn't make it a bad game, that just means it's not immune to the things that people accuse other games of.

SO WHAT DOES PEOPLE THINK ABOUT THE BMW M3 ???

Yes I am trying to change topic here....

I already tried, but failed, to shift focus onto the M3 back during the uprising where someone here had difficulty accepting the connection between Fugu Z and Datsun 240Z.

To answer the question, the M3 feels perfectly tuned for competitive circuit driving. However, RPMs have to go pretty high before throttle induced oversteer kicks in and the ensuing balancing act feels like everything or nothing. Hard to explain, but balancing the car on the limit almost feels like an on / off switch between full control and dramatic recovery.

This is what I mean about finding the best bang for your Cr. after each update. I don't have the funds to buy all the cars in the updates, but would be fun to find out.

- which car. And be used in the most GT League races?
- which car is fastest around the newly added circuits?
- which car has the most functioning in-car instrument panel(displaying fuel use, track time, boost gauge, oil pressure).
-which car has the most wheel choices?

Just because a car is the fastest, doesn't mean it's the best.

I wonder if people that comments non-sense like this are just trolling or they just really don't know what they're talking about, just like the folks on YT that says the F50 or the M3 sounds like vacuum cleaners.

It's impossible that the next game in the series will feature 1200 cars on real 4K resolution, unless you're willing to fork out money for a PS5 and wait 5 years or even more until they finally got all the cars down to the detail that you want.

You haven’t shown anyone pictures that show DC has better models. The best DC models don’t surpass the worst GTS models. But you are right the consistency isn’t 100% due to different variables. That’s pretty much it. I don’t know why you’re trying so hard.
I guess you haven't bothered to see the images of the Enzo in GT Sport I posted? Either that or you truly believe that they are of a superior and acceptable quality. Here is a refresher for you. And as a bonus I have have attached pictures of the same car in Driveclub. Both during race mode. With no other cars on track in case anyone wants to say the amount of cars effects each model. What excuse/opinion are you prepared to give? Hint: GT Sport's images are the ones with the GT logo in the bottom left corner so that there is no confusion.

GT Sport
20181209094425.jpg

Driveclub
PS_Messages_20181211_001131.jpg

GT Sport
20181209094420.jpg

Driveclub
PS_Messages_20181211_001951.jpg

GT Sport
20181209094402.jpg

Driveclub
PS_Messages_20181211_001947.jpg

GT Sport
20181209094432.jpg

Driveclub
PS_Messages_20181211_001623.jpg

And before you ask, Driveclub's camera doesn't zoom in as close as GT Sport's but it makes no difference to the lack of polygons or textures.
And there are other cars to come off worse on each game. But that is for you look in to. I have provided ample proof. The burden of proof is now on the naysayers to provide tangible facts, not biased or deluded opinions. Are we done now? I rest my case.

You must realise that comes at a cost,it's way better to launch with 500 cars and add the rest as DLC,1200 ups the risk of lower quality models,remember the last time GT had 1200 cars?

standard models man...standard models :nervous:

I guess you haven't bothered to see the images of the Enzo in GT Sport I posted? Either that or you truly believe that they are of a superior and acceptable quality. Here is a refresher for you. And as a bonus I have have attached pictures of the same car in Driveclub. Both during race mode. With no other cars on track in case anyone wants to say the amount of cars effects each model. What excuse/opinion are you prepared to give? Hint: GT Sport's images are the ones with the GT logo in the bottom left corner so that there is no confusion.

GT Sport
View attachment 785678

Driveclub
View attachment 785679

GT Sport
View attachment 785681

Driveclub
View attachment 785682

GT Sport
View attachment 785683

Driveclub
View attachment 785684

GT Sport
View attachment 785685

Driveclub
View attachment 785686

And before you ask, Driveclub's camera doesn't zoom in as close as GT Sport's but it makes no difference to the lack of polygons or textures.
And there are other cars to come off worse on each game. But that is for you look in to. I have provided ample proof. The burden of proof is now on the naysayers to provide tangible facts, not biased or deluded opinions. Are we done now? I rest my case.

Bro, for someone who likes to zoom in on details though, I find it very odd you didn't know that Driveclub zooms in much closer than what you're showing by simply pressing the right trigger to zoom... pretty good way to hide DC's noticeable angular models and low-res liveries. Also the super low-res GT Enzo emblems was already explained and should be a bug error given to PD if you want it fixed, as it has been disproven that it is due to inconsistent/lack of artist skill or a modeling error which was your original argument.

Let me remind everyone:

"The best of GT Sport's models are definitely the best on PS4, but some are just down right inexcusably bad. From the best to some of the worst. Where as Driveclub's are of a consistently excellent level. Just not quite as good as GT Sport's best but nothing near as shockingly bad as their lower quality models. That is not to say that PD's assets are not good enough for future generations, but what is evident of their representation on their current game, quality control is lacking and the modellers are of varying skill.

Now let me zoom in properly for those DC comparison pics to be on the same scale as your GTS pics.

Driveclub - this here isn't due to a bug. The game wasn't created with 4K in mind, and all cars across the whole game have these low-res decals and emblems. Better than that GTS Enzo super low-res bug, but it isn't something desireable either that you would want for a non-bugged out decal.
DRIVECLUB20181210202.png

Much more angular when you zoom in to GTS level.
ffcDRIVECLUB20181208205.png

---

Below are both in time trial race photomode. DC's Enzo completely missing the front side signal lights (artist error), on top of much more notable polygonal edges on the main curvatures. Where is DC Enzo's superiority and consistently excellent quality that you mentioned, or would you still call this just another bias delusion?

I just have to requote this.

"The best of GT Sport's models are definitely the best on PS4, but some are just down right inexcusably bad. From the best to some of the worst. Where as Driveclub's are of a consistently excellent level. Just not quite as good as GT Sport's best but nothing near as shockingly bad as their lower quality models.

DC
3efDRIVECLUB20181208205.png

GTS
987GranTurismoSPORT2018.png

DC
DRIVECLUB20181210214.png

GTS
gtss.png

DC
994DRIVECLUB20181210215.png

GTS
a94GranTurismoSPORT2018.png

Moreover I'm still farily certain the GTS Enzo is a ported GT5 3D model with upgraded PBR materials looking at the emula comparison thread. The Enzo was in the launch game, where PD still was not outsourcing and were scrambling to provide enough content for the game release. The Enzo ended up being a 3D port. So what you're seeing is Driveclub's next-gen 3D modeling efforts from an outsource company still failing to surpass Polyphony's last-gen 3D mesh (before they even used tessellation to create their models).

Last edited:
Bro, for someone who likes to zoom in on details though, I find it very odd you didn't know that Driveclub zooms in much closer than what you're showing by simply pressing the right trigger to zoom... pretty good way to hide DC's noticeable angular models and low-res liveries. Also the super low-res GT Enzo emblems was already explained and should be a bug error given to PD if you want it fixed, as it has been disproven that it is due to inconsistent/lack of artist skill or a modeling error which was your original argument.

Let me remind everyone:i

Now let me zoom in properly for those DC comparison pics to be on the same scale as your GTS pics.

Driveclub - this here isn't due to a bug. The game wasn't created with 4K in mind, and all cars across the whole game have these low-res decals and emblems. Better than that GTS Enzo super low-res bug, but it isn't something desireable either that you would want for a non-bugged out decal.
DRIVECLUB20181210202.png

Much more angular when you zoom in to GTS level.
ffcDRIVECLUB20181208205.png

---

Below are both in time trial race photomode. DC's Enzo completely missing the front side signal lights (artist error), on top of much more notable polygonal edges on the main curvatures. Where is DC Enzo's superiority and consistently excellent quality that you mentioned, or would you still call this just another bias delusion?

I just have to requote this.

DC

GTS
987GranTurismoSPORT2018.png

DC
DRIVECLUB20181210214.png

GTS
gtss.png

DC
994DRIVECLUB20181210215.png

GTS
a94GranTurismoSPORT2018.png

Moreover I'm still farily certain the GTS Enzo is a ported GT5 3D model with upgraded PBR materials looking at the emula comparison thread. The Enzo was in the launch game, where PD still was not outsourcing and were scrambling to provide enough content for the game release. The Enzo ended up being a 3D port. So what you're seeing is Driveclub's next-gen 3D modeling efforts from an outsource company still failing to surpass Polyphony's last-gen 3D mesh (before they even used tessellation to create their models).
Yes of course. Because what I posted here of GT Sport's Enzo is more acceptable in your eyes :
20181209094425.jpg

Than a Driveclub image that you posted here:

I am fully aware of the odd panel gaps on DC's models. And yes they look better on GT Sport. I don't have a problem admitting that, although others seemingly do have a problem admitting DC's advantage on some areas. Yes I know they are not of the same part of the car, but I posted that on my previous comment and it fell on deaf ears (or blind eyes in this case) it seems. I doubt I will get a clear answer at this stage after so many attempts, abbut which of the two images are more acceptable this generation? I expect more of the same, go around the block answers of "oh it's a bug" or "PD will fix it"which still doesn't excuse the fact, at this moment, it is a poor second. I can guarantee if the images belonged to each opposite title, people would be quick to throw Driveclub's graphics to the dogs, as has already been the case. Like I said, I don't have a problem admitting areas where GT Sport looks superior, but does it really hurts some people here to admit where Driveclub is definitely superior? Do you people love a video game so much where you are literally blinded? And I love how so many comment like experts and know the future, in that GT Sport's errors will definitely be corrected in an upcoming patch! I guess if you use that logic, as everything can be patched, that GT Sport is faultless and beyond reproach, and we should use that excuse for any of it's shortcomings. Forza 7 has more cars! Don't worry PD will patch in more soon. Assetto Corsa has better tyre physics. Nope, we got you. PD are on it. I am talking about the game in it's current state, that we have on our hard drives on our PS4's. I Don't know what other people are talking about? I don't even care what anyone's answer is anymore as I doubt it would be unbiased, so it will hold no credible substance.

Attachments

• 3efDRIVECLUB20181208205.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20181209094420.jpg
    20181209094420.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I never liked driveclub, i just played it once. Was not good enough to make me buy a ps4. I waited for gran turismo. And i think gt sport is a Much better racing game than driveclub. The lack of tuning, car list in driveclub was disapointning. Gts don't have perfect tuning system like the old games had. But at least its there. And to me it make no sense to have a small car list like that and no tuning, i mean how fun is it to drive a 100-200 hp car and not have the abillity to upgrade it.

Back