Gran Turismo Sport 1.31 Update Now Available: 7 New Cars, New Tokyo Track and More

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 591 comments
I guess you haven't bothered to see the images of the Enzo in GT Sport I posted? Either that or you truly believe that they are of a superior and acceptable quality. Here is a refresher for you. And as a bonus I have have attached pictures of the same car in Driveclub. Both during race mode. With no other cars on track in case anyone wants to say the amount of cars effects each model. What excuse/opinion are you prepared to give? Hint: GT Sport's images are the ones with the GT logo in the bottom left corner so that there is no confusion.

GT Sport
View attachment 785678

Driveclub
View attachment 785679

GT Sport
View attachment 785681

Driveclub
View attachment 785682

And before you ask, Driveclub's camera doesn't zoom in as close as GT Sport's but it makes no difference to the lack of polygons or textures.
And there are other cars to come off worse on each game. But that is for you look in to. I have provided ample proof. The burden of proof is now on the naysayers to provide tangible facts, not biased or deluded opinions. Are we done now? I rest my case.

Stop misrepresenting GTS showing only the low LOD model and ignoring the full LOD one

Driveclub full LOD
32qcd1r.png

GT Sport full LOD
33esed4.jpg

Car models in GTS are better than in Driveclub, as we can see in all those screenshots. Yes, there're bugs, which caused by the implementation of these models in game (and specifically in race), but not the 3D models itself. This is not the models problem, this is the game engine problem.
And that's it. Doesn't look like a topic for three pages to me. :lol:

Stop misrepresenting GTS showing only the low LOD model and ignoring the full LOD one

Driveclub full LOD
32qcd1r.png

GT Sport full LOD
33esed4.jpg
Oh please. What a hypocritical comment, when you deliberatley misrespresent what I am clearly stating that I am presenting. I showed gameplay camera mode shots, not scapes mode shots and made that perfectly clear. Everyone knows GT Sport's cars in scapes mode are untouchable. Or have people forgotten graphics during gameplay are probably more important than during a dedicated photo taking mode? Or are you claiming I have doctored The inages in GT Sports favor? I have 4 pictures each from each game. And yet you give just one which still clearly shows the Ferrari badge looking very poor on GT Sport. No more excuses about it being a bug or some some unsubstantiated insider knowledge about it being fixed in a future patch. Why is it every time I post on this subject people make excuses or deliberately misquote me? Seriously are people scared of the truth? Just admit that GT Sport is better in most areas but Driveclub is better in some also? Is it that hard to be impartial and grown up about it? Sorry but GT Sport maybe great but it isn't perfect. Sleep well in your GT nightgown and matching bedsheets.

Last edited:
Oh please. What a hypocritical comment, when you deliberatley misrespresent what I am clearly stating that I am presenting. I showed gameplay camera mode shots, not scapes mode shots and made that perfectly clear. Everyone knows GT Sport's cars in scapes mode are untouchable. Or have people forgotten graphics during gameplay are probably more important than during a dedicated photo taking mode? Or are you claiming I have doctored The inages in GT Sports favor? I have 4 pictures each from each game. And yet you give just one which still clearly shows the Ferrari badge looking very poor on GT Sport. No more excuses about it being a bug or some some unsubstantiated insider knowledge about it being fixed in a future patch. Why is it every time I post on this subject people make excuses or deliberately misquote me? Seriously are people scared of the truth? Just admit that GT Sport is better in most areas but Driveclub is better in some also? Is it that hard to be impartial and grown up about it? Sorry but GT Sport maybe great but it isn't perfect. Sleep well in your GT nightgown and matching bedsheets.

The whole point is that the models are created to a level where given the right hardware they can be subdivided to any level. Most game assets aren't created with dynamic subdivision/tesselation in mind as the process of modeling this way is much more time consuming, not to mention the game engine being able to even support it.

You can cherry pick images from any game to find examples that look bad. But each scenario is different, one will look better in one situation, one will look better in another. You don't really have an argument. It's great that GT Sports models are created beyond what the hardware is capable of as it means these cars will almost certainly show up immediately in newer titles on newer systems.

I don't think GT Sport's replays support dynamic tessellation the way the game does while running normally. I could be wrong but there isn't really any point in arguing about it. There is plenty of information out there on the amount of work and level of detail PD puts into their models for GT Sport.

It doesn't makes sense to make a mesh more dense for no reason in any-game engine. It would be cool if they did dynamic tessellation in replay mode so you could get really detailed closeups, but the console only has so much video ram.

Last edited:
People here aren't making excuses they literally told you what causing these low quality LOD it seems you just want to disregard their explanations. We already get your point there are inconsistencies in the quality in cars that needs to be reported if you want them to fix it, do you honestly think we're perfectly fine about it? You keep comparing those low quality cars to driveclub which to me is nitpicking.

You sir, have a problem, or you’re just trolling.

I'm already reported this thread multiple times for multiple days for being way too off topic but seems the mods isn't very interested with this.

This thread is supposed to recount the experience relating to this update, not whatever the hell the above arguing and insisting.

Im going to unwatch this thread for awhile. Not interested for such argument. I suggest to make a new thread for that by the way.

I'm already reported this thread multiple times for multiple days for being way too off topic but seems the mods isn't very interested with this.

This thread is supposed to recount the experience relating to this update, not whatever the hell the above arguing and insisting.

Im going to unwatch this thread for awhile. Not interested for such argument. I suggest to make a new thread for that by the way.
It's why I unwatch all threads. Too many notifications, even when I used to choose to watch one thread!

I don't know how far off topic it is with the current car models being discussed. Maybe if the comparisons are full of which game is better and all the other stuff that comes with it, that may be cause to modify posts. We'll see.

:lol: Yes but the thread will still be watching you no matter where you go no matter what you do :lol::P

You don't showed gameplay camera. These are gameplay cameras (or have you forgotten graphics during gameplay?)

granturismosport_20182bfv0.png

granturismosport_201820d7m.png

you're just trying to discredit the game showing zoomed images of low-LOD models, when you've a dedicated mode to photograph the details of the cars at full-LOD

Last edited:
I really enjoy this update, I was surprised by how accurate was the sound of the V8 pontiac and corvette ! I wasn't expected something special, but this is a good job PD, at last !
I still have to wait to buy the most expensives cars but ATM I can't leave my pontiac !
Regarding the new track, well to be fair, at first I was really disapointed, but after a few try I like it, especially at night
For the circuit experience, I really dislike the combo, and especially the car...

I've completed the partial circuit experience and yes, *this* version of the Huracan sucks.

This is the strange thing I've noticed, I've taken my Huracan GT3s to numerous victories, the car IS a winning car and mine has no tune except for final drive and aero and it drives like the winner it is.

But somehow the basic car in the circuit experience handles like crap.

Sigh.. @fatkid I think your point is very clear for us but to keep arguing with the same people is just pointless, and I think people here have a hard time accepting that you have shown flaws of the game in it's current state (update 1.31) even though you said multiple times that the the Scapes photomode is way better.
That is just the reality of what it is.

So can we just like move on?

What on earth are you talking about? It is the exact opposite. Not down playing other games faults but elevating them. It is alright to show GT Sport's best cars next to Drive club's slightly less inferior versions, and then praise GT Sport to the high heavens. But then when images like the ones that I have shown, show that GT Sport does have some that a lot worse than DC's - probably the worst this generation - it becomes a taboo subject. Every racing game, including GT Sport, is fair game. There is no sell by date on criticising any current gen game. And this is the second time at least you have mentioned "butthurt" without me even using that word once and inferring that you are speaking for everyone else. People want to have open season on Driveclub yet feel GT Sport is a protected species.

I will ask all you naysayers directly, is this acceptable on current gen? That is it. Nothing else. Please don't waste my time by dancing around an answer or anything else. My initial post about this was not to upset people but to make them aware that GT Sport's graphics also has it's own (rather severe) shortcomings. Instead people feel compelled to react negatively. I put this forward because Driveclub 's images have been already judged by some of you by the same exact standards.
View attachment 785476
If people want to criticise Driveclub for less, than what is your reason for GT Sport to not be held accountable also? I don't care for what reason it is occurring. Because you can be 100% sure if this was a another game other than GT Sport, we wouldn't hear the end of it. We have already heard more negatives about Driveclub being said for doing far less worse. Seriously, I think someone else should talk. I am done replying to the same questions and reading the same biased answers.
And again: this has what to do with the topic of this thread.

Okay, I'll answer the question: for me personally: I don't give a rat's a$$ about image quality of those parts of the car I won't be looking at while driving races in cockpit view, as long as the game does what it has to do: provide fun racing other people and showing me a cockpit which adds to the feeling to be in the car those flaws are totally acceptable, again, to me.

Now go and ask your question and post, post and repost your images in a thread that serves that purpose.

Geez.

I was surprised by how accurate was the sound of the V8 pontiac

I love the low burble coasting off the gas. There is a lot of attention to detail in the sound. Do you also notice the squeaking? Sounds a bit like a horn pipping on for a second but I think it's suspension noise. Noticed it when taking the Trans Am round the Streets of Willow, which I was thinking would make a good daily race A with this car.

I love the low burble coasting off the gas. There is a lot of attention to detail in the sound. Do you also notice the squeaking? Sounds a bit like a horn pipping on for a second but I think it's suspension noise. Noticed it when taking the Trans Am round the Streets of Willow, which I was thinking would make a good daily race A with this car.

Yes ! I've didn't pay attention to this, now I'm in a rush to leave the office ASAP to check it !
+1 for daily race A

J.D
I always liked Tokyo Expressway and the new two layout are even better than the old once. The track looks amazing at night especially the lighting :eek:

Even though it is a bit odd track, I do agree, I like it a lot... silently I am wishing that they will combine all those together in one big track.
Outer loop has two separate lanes throughout whole track.
East part uses 180' turn and about 500m of highway for both layouts. Could be used for merging tracks together.
Newly added South part also uses part of the track in both layouts, still this can be combined without problem.

We await West and North part :)

>complaing about a LOD bug that got fixed with the Alpine
>People don't realize that Forza has also had LOD/Poly and even welding mesh issues, and still has a set of wheels that have no lug nuts on them.

Ontopic though, the new track is stupid fun, and driving the P1 GTR is an amazing blast.

Even though it is a bit odd track, I do agree, I like it a lot... silently I am wishing that they will combine all those together in one big track.
Outer loop has two separate lanes throughout whole track.
East part uses 180' turn and about 500m of highway for both layouts. Could be used for merging tracks together.
Newly added South part also uses part of the track in both layouts, still this can be combined without problem.

We await West and North part :)
And we have 3 laps with different camera angles for both layouts. ;)

Yes of course. Because what I posted here of GT Sport's Enzo is more acceptable in your eyes :
View attachment 785723
Than a Driveclub image that you posted here:
View attachment 785724
I am fully aware of the odd panel gaps on DC's models. And yes they look better on GT Sport. I don't have a problem admitting that, although others seemingly do have a problem admitting DC's advantage on some areas. Yes I know they are not of the same part of the car, but I posted that on my previous comment and it fell on deaf ears (or blind eyes in this case) it seems. I doubt I will get a clear answer at this stage after so many attempts, abbut which of the two images are more acceptable this generation? I expect more of the same, go around the block answers of "oh it's a bug" or "PD will fix it"which still doesn't excuse the fact, at this moment, it is a poor second. I can guarantee if the images belonged to each opposite title, people would be quick to throw Driveclub's graphics to the dogs, as has already been the case. Like I said, I don't have a problem admitting areas where GT Sport looks superior, but does it really hurts some people here to admit where Driveclub is definitely superior? Do you people love a video game so much where you are literally blinded? And I love how so many comment like experts and know the future, in that GT Sport's errors will definitely be corrected in an upcoming patch! I guess if you use that logic, as everything can be patched, that GT Sport is faultless and beyond reproach, and we should use that excuse for any of it's shortcomings. Forza 7 has more cars! Don't worry PD will patch in more soon. Assetto Corsa has better tyre physics. Nope, we got you. PD are on it. I am talking about the game in it's current state, that we have on our hard drives on our PS4's. I Don't know what other people are talking about? I don't even care what anyone's answer is anymore as I doubt it would be unbiased, so it will hold no credible substance.

No one said anything about PD being faultless man. I responded to you about you claiming some PD artists having inadequate or inconsistent skill which resulted in the super low-res decal you showed (which I proved isn't due to artist skill but a bug, the game literally has a higher-res version so clearly the artist had put adequate work into it), and you claiming in comparison Driveclub is consistently of excellent quality (which I proved isn't and is even worse in several areas compared to GTS Enzo, even completely missing some signal lights). Now you changed your goal post to "PD can't be at fault" due to bias. If you think DriveClub's Enzo is overall superior just because it doesn't have bugged out emblems despite a host of other details looking worse or even completely inaccurate, then that's fine. I just disagree and have shown you why I think so. The low-res bug looks really bad yes, but that's not due to artist inconsistency like you initially claimed and now have seemingly ignored that it was the point of my whole comparison...

Whatever the case, I reported the Enzo bug to PD's social media just for you. :P

------

Now to be more on topic. I'm still having a blast on the new Tokyo layouts.

1c2GranTurismoSPORT2018.png

Needs a wet version.

rzZh3IX.gif

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back