Gran Turismo Sport 1.31 Update Now Available: 7 New Cars, New Tokyo Track and More

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 591 comments
Backreading the posts and I was aware of the inconsistent car models but I can't blame PD on this especially when they're trying to keep the game at 60 FPS. Even I noticed it when I was driving the 2016 R18 where I see jagged/blurred words on the cockpit view when racing.

I just hope they find a way to get those models consistent without hurting the FPS.

Anywho back in-topic about the update. So I'm not a fan of how they slowed down the refueling when doing Custom races.

I'm not a pixel peeper... when I'm racing I feel like my world extends like a elipse maybe 25m in front of my car that expands on say Le Mans where I need to see longer... what I mean is most of the times I'm so bogged down in battle I dont notice if the opponent cars lose detail.

Be that as it may, the GFX is such that I can 100% identify cars on the track so I get an idea of what I'm up against.

This is my driving game of this gen and the gfx exceeded my expectations over GT6 and I dont have an issue with the car modelling.

How is it possible GTS has around 30 % of track selection compared to GT6.

It isn’t possible. GT Sport has 24 or 25 tracks (depending on if you think the new Tokyo track is a new track or a variation of the old Tokyo track) and GT6 has 43 or 44 tracks (depending on if you count the moon as a track).

24/44 is 55%.

As for why GT6 has more tracks, that is because 68% of those tracks came from GT5. GT6 had 14 new tracks.

Some of the posts here, yikes. We have some of the most astonishing modeling work on cars, and some here are trying to undermine it by cherry picking examples.
Likewise for the people that cherry picks by ignoring the facts, and I am sure nobody here said that the modeling work is bad, just showing inconsistencies in the quality of work.

I think someone should approach Kazunori personally and ask them why some cars look great and some cars look less great IN-GAME.

If they are meant to keep their word that each and every car are modelled from scratch and to their highest quality possible why is there such difference in-game then between the models?

@Vspectra Your post made me think about something but as shown by @emula there might be a tesselation bug with some cars,
Is this also the case when going into time-trials as there is just ONE car?

Between the F50 and the Enzo shown by @fatkid specifically because that is where it all started.

Last edited:
Likewise for the people that cherry picks by ignoring the facts, and I am sure nobody here said that the modeling work is bad, just showing inconsistencies in the quality of work.

I think someone should approach Kazunori personally and ask them why some cars look great and some cars look less great IN-GAME.

If they are meant to keep their word that each and every car are modelled from scratch and to their highest quality possible why is there such difference in-game then between the models?

@Vspectra Your post made me think about something but as shown by @emula there might be a tesselation bug with some cars,
Is this also the case when going into time-trials as there is just ONE car?

Between the F50 and the Enzo shown by @fatkid specifically because that is where it all started.
I know the answer for that.

GTSport is, inherently, a competitive game with its sport mode. Look at most E-Sports games. All of them are demanding a consistent 60 fps even if its sacrifice resolution and minuscule detail (besides good draw distances) and even then most of the time it is not enough with them also demands little to nonexistent input lag.

GTSport isn't the only one who done this. Forza Motorsport 7 also does this with its Forzavista as a model showcase at a maximum detail. It's the same reason why PD puts Scapes on discovery menu first. Both games reduces its detail when on gameplay to maintain consistent FPS and other graphical settings. As why each car does differently only the developer knows best. But the truth is both games does work to stabilize the gameplay.

Remember, you do racing with other players or cars on gameplay, not inspecting or nitpicking little details then got worked up about it because it gave aneurysm somewhat.

As much as you wanted to be, the reality is PS4 and XBox One is not as powerful as a $2000 high end gaming PC. Sacrifices must be made. Improvement will come naturally as more optimization for the game comes.

TL DR: Both games has scapes and Forzavista respectively. Use its photomode to capture minuscule details. Photomode for replay / gameplay are only used for capturing decent race actions.

Last edited:
Reminder PD stated they started to outsources during the year so some of cars' quality change but overall they're not bad at all.
I can see some details lacking etc but not as bad as i see them.

Idk about y'all, but can I just say this new Tokyo track is doing it for me. It's giving me SSR11/SSR5 nostalgia feels everytime I drive it.

Funny, because I actually despised the tokyo tracks in the game, but South inner, noo south inner is love. I love this track!

Me too. I realised I had spent all my time on it since the update, did the endurance race, did the Mercedes F1 race, and a bunch of custom races in the F50. Really want it to be in a daily soon.

The way every section links up is so good. Before the main straights there are fast corners that tempt you to carry as much speed as possible at high risk, the 3 right handers capture one of the best bits of DTG, the following not so straight is always interesting and exiting the tunnel without lifting is perhaps the most exciting and satisfying bit, especially in a race with degrading tyres. The twisty highway at the end rewards a good entry and hitting every apex after is joy.

I think it might be one of my favourite tracks in the game!

I know the answer for that.

GTSport is, inherently, a competitive game with its sport mode. Look at most E-Sports games. All of them are demanding a consistent 60 fps even if its sacrifice resolution and minuscule detail (besides good draw distances) and even then most of the time it is not enough with them also demands little to nonexistent input lag.

GTSport isn't the only one who done this. Forza Motorsport 7 also does this with its Forzavista as a model showcase at a maximum detail. It's the same reason why PD puts Scapes on discovery menu first. Both games reduces its detail when on gameplay to maintain consistent FPS and other graphical settings. As why each car does differently only the developer knows best. But the truth is both games does work to stabilize the gameplay.

Remember, you do racing with other players or cars on gameplay, not inspecting or nitpicking little details then got worked up about it because it gave aneurysm somewhat.

As much as you wanted to be, the reality is PS4 and XBox One is not as powerful as a $2000 high end gaming PC. Sacrifices must be made. Improvement will come naturally as more optimization for the game comes.

TL DR: Both games has scapes and Forzavista respectively. Use its photomode to capture minuscule details. Photomode for replay / gameplay are only used for capturing decent race actions.
So your saying for the sake of performance there are some cars that tend to look worse than the other in-game?
So we are having the whole standard, vs semi premium and vs super premium issue again. smh..

I think even Kazunori pointed out in the past that due to increase of vehicle count they could not keep up with the demand of premiumizing all the cars because of the lack of staff, therefore they decided to start from scratch in order to maintain the cars to the same level of quality equally and as of now they have seemed to start outsourcing too.

But time to time people have shown that some cars tend to look worse than the other IN-GAME and time to time fans denied this by saying these are compromises made to maintain stable framerate and yada yada.

Ofcourse the in-game quality will not be up to par to the Scapes or Forzavista modes, BUT there is no such thing to deny that the level of quality shown in-game is not in the same level of consistency for all the cars and this has been demonstrated by comparisons time to time.

The reasons behind is what remains untold, because for me to mantain a stable framerate does not make sense.
If the F50 can have higher LOD why cant the Subaru WRX STI?

If the quality has been reduced already in-game in order to stabilize and boost performance why does one tend to look worse than the other? Why aren't they both equal in quality?

They can choose to lower each quality and LOD for each and every car to be equal for all the models but this is also not the case, so all in all there is inconsistent level of quality for the cars in-game, be a tesselation bug or whatever other reason.

I'm amazed by all the free updates with some cars requested for years by the community. It's just a feeling that the game is not made to for all these cars and tracks. For example, there is not a single event for the Aston Vulcan (not in Sport mode or GT League). There is no sense of progression... Though I'm grateful for all the updates.
Well admittedly, GT League was hastily implemented so there's at least "something" you can do apart from Sport Mode. Maybe the next game will have a fully integrated career mode which is there from the start.

I'm amazed by all the free updates with some cars requested for years by the community. It's just a feeling that the game is not made to for all these cars and tracks. For example, there is not a single event for the Aston Vulcan (not in Sport mode or GT League). There is no sense of progression... Though I'm grateful for all the updates.

GT League was almost an afterthought a bone PD could throw to old fans of the franchise,it's very barebones and without the RPG progression from older games it feels barebones,kinda like if a game dev tried to imitate the GT campaign but forgot to put the upgrades and other stuff.

I never expected such polarising responses when I posted my original pictures on this matter. My intent was just to show that just like other racing games, GT Sport does have some graphically deficiencies. Like it or not, some are worse than other on games that people are so quick to criticise. Thanks to anyone who actually understood the gist of what I was getting at. Alas, I think a lot of what I said was lost on a lot of obviously upset, overprotective fans. If the images I had shown of sup par quality images of cars were from say Driveclub, NFS or Forza, I guarantee the same people who are defensive about the images I have posted about GT Sport would have no problem pointing out their deficiencies. So I will ask you one last time, on a PS4, in the year 2018 are images like this acceptable if this was from Forza, DC or NFS? And why shouldn't GT Sport be held to the same standard? It doesn't matter if it is a rendering issue, modelling, gremlins in the system, or an act of god. And please don't give me ifs or buts, as I can then make the same excuses for any other game.
20181209094340.jpg

i bet the same people the same people who are so vocal to criticise other games, like they have DC recently and my original post, will now suddenly stay quite. Why are other games then judged at a different standard to GT? This absolutely reeks of hypocrisy!

And just to show how at it's peak and that I am not a GT hater but someone who judges everything on a fair level (unlike some others) here is a picture from GT that really shows at its best GT Sport is unmatched by any other racer. See, I am not a hater.
20181209094511.jpg

I look forward to your answers. Those who where so quick to be up at arms towards me at first and now choose to remain to silent when I have put this question forward to them will have already have shown me their hands. If you want to make biased or unsubstantiated claims, then I will not even bother replying. And you can happily live in la la land.

I will put a line in the sand about this matter after this post. I have posted the facts.

Last edited:
It isn’t possible. GT Sport has 24 or 25 tracks (depending on if you think the new Tokyo track is a new track or a variation of the old Tokyo track) and GT6 has 43 or 44 tracks (depending on if you count the moon as a track).

24/44 is 55%.

As for why GT6 has more tracks, that is because 68% of those tracks came from GT5. GT6 had 14 new tracks.

Don't forget some of those GT6 tracks originated way back in GT3 and GT4 (Tokyo R246 and Cote D'Azur for example)

I never expected such polarising responses when I posted my original pictures on this matter. My intent was just to show that just like other racing games, GT Sport does have some graphically deficiencies. Like it or not, some are worse than other on games that people are so quick to criticise. Thanks to anyone who actually understood the gist of what I was getting at. Alas, I think a lot of what I said was lost on a lot of obviously upset, overprotective fans. If the images I had shown of sup par quality images of cars were from say Driveclub, NFS or Forza, I guarantee the same people who are defensive about the images I have posted about GT Sport would have no problem pointing out their deficiencies. So I will ask you one last time, on a PS4, in the year 2018 are images like this acceptable if this was from Forza, DC or NFS? And why shouldn't GT Sport be held to the same standard? It doesn't matter if it is a rendering issue, modelling, gremlins in the system, or an act of god. And please don't give me ifs or buts, as I can then make the same excuses for any other game.
View attachment 785460

i bet the same people the same people who are so vocal to criticise other games, like they have DC recently and my original post, will now suddenly stay quite. Why are other games then judged at a different standard to GT? This absolutely reeks of hypocrisy!

And just to show how at it's peak and that I am not a GT hater but someone who judges everything on a fair level (unlike some others) here is a picture from GT that really shows at its best GT Sport is unmatched by any other racer. See, I am not a hater.View attachment 785459
I look forward to your answers. Those who where so quick to be up at arms towards me at first and now choose to remain to silent when I have put this question forward to them will have already have shown me their hands. If you want to make biased or unsubstantiated claims, then I will not even bother replying. And you can happily live in la la land.

I will put a line in the sand about this matter after this post. I have posted the facts.
Dude, the poor quality LOD has been brought up on this forum for a year now it is a known issue that PD haven't managed to fix yet. I've not seen people downplaying other games, we're just explaining and giving context on why this LOD issues is happening on PS4, course we're not happy seeing poor quality in GTSport but that doesn't mean we're overly defensive or butthurt about it.

Dude, the poor quality LOD has been brought up on this forum for a year now it is a known issue that PD haven't managed to fix yet. I've not seen people downplaying other games, we're just explaining and giving context on why this LOD issues is happening on PS4, course we're not happy seeing poor quality in GTSport but that doesn't mean we're overly defensive or butthurt about it.
What on earth are you talking about? It is the exact opposite. Not down playing other games faults but elevating them. It is alright to show GT Sport's best cars next to Drive club's slightly less inferior versions, and then praise GT Sport to the high heavens. But then when images like the ones that I have shown, show that GT Sport does have some that a lot worse than DC's - probably the worst this generation - it becomes a taboo subject. Every racing game, including GT Sport, is fair game. There is no sell by date on criticising any current gen game. And this is the second time at least you have mentioned "butthurt" without me even using that word once and inferring that you are speaking for everyone else. People want to have open season on Driveclub yet feel GT Sport is a protected species.

I will ask all you naysayers directly, is this acceptable on current gen? That is it. Nothing else. Please don't waste my time by dancing around an answer or anything else. My initial post about this was not to upset people but to make them aware that GT Sport's graphics also has it's own (rather severe) shortcomings. Instead people feel compelled to react negatively. I put this forward because Driveclub 's images have been already judged by some of you by the same exact standards.
PS_Messages_20181210_011437.jpg

If people want to criticise Driveclub for less, than what is your reason for GT Sport to not be held accountable also? I don't care for what reason it is occurring. Because you can be 100% sure if this was a another game other than GT Sport, we wouldn't hear the end of it. We have already heard more negatives about Driveclub being said for doing far less worse. Seriously, I think someone else should talk. I am done replying to the same questions and reading the same biased answers.

Last edited:
I found this fun bit in your School Musical of words and trap questions
If that is what you take from it rather than answering my question, than so be it! I cannot help you. But I put that statement forward because of how many times I have to keep repeating myself.

What on earth are you talking about? It is the exact opposite. Not down playing other games faults but elevating them. It is alright to show GT Sport's best cars next to Drive club's slightly less inferior versions, and then praise GT Sport to the high heavens. But then when images like the ones that I have shown, show that GT Sport does have some that a lot worse than DC's - probably the worst this generation - it becomes a taboo subject. Every racing game, including GT Sport, is fair game. There is no sell by date on criticising any current gen game. And this is the second time at least you have mentioned "butthurt" without me even using that word once and inferring that you are speaking for everyone else. People want to have open season on Driveclub yet feel GT Sport is a protected species.

I will ask all you naysayers directly, is this acceptable on current gen? That is it. Nothing else. Please don't waste my time by dancing around an answer or anything else. My initial post about this was not to upset people but to make them aware that GT Sport's graphics also has it's own (rather severe) shortcomings. Instead people feel compelled to react negatively. I put this forward because Driveclub 's images have been already judged by some of you by the same exact standards.
View attachment 785476
If people want to criticise Driveclub for less, than what is your reason for GT Sport to not be held accountable also? I don't care for what reason it is occurring. Because you can be 100% sure if this was a another game other than GT Sport, we wouldn't hear the end of it. We have already heard more negatives about Driveclub being said for doing far less worse. Seriously, I think someone else should talk. I am done replying to the same questions and reading the same biased answers.
I honestly don't know what kind of answer are you looking for, Vspectra pretty much explained it all in his reply to you. Like I said a lot of people here are already aware of the LOD issues like the pictures you posted here on this thread. Nitpicking a car with poor quality/bug LOD and comparing it with other games like Driveclub isn't a great idea either. I understand you're just trying to say that GTSport has visual flaws and that's understandable because everyone already know that but as far as I'm aware people here don't like nitpick comparison because it isn't fair at all. You mentioned on your post about fans being hurt or something so I assumed by that is GT fans being butthurt.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know what kind of answer are you looking for, Vspectra pretty much explained it all in his reply to you. Like I said a lot of people here are already aware of the LOD issues like the pictures you posted here on this thread. Nitpicking a car with poor quality/bug LOD and comparing it with other games like Driveclub isn't a great idea either. I understand you're just trying to say that GTSport has visual flaws and that's understandable because everyone already know that but as far as I'm aware people here don't like nitpick comparison because it isn't fair at all. You mentioned on your post about fans being hurt or something so I assumed by that is GT fans being butthurt.
I am judging games on there current state. Maybe PD will fix them, maybe not. But that isn't the excuse to give one game a pass over another But as it stands this is what we have, as public what we have access to. it isn't nitpicking. You can't base it on maybes. This is what we have at the moment. Why people have a hard time accepting it is the most puzzling? In general GT Sport's car looked better than Driveclub's. But on the flip side, it has some that are the worst around. Why cannot people just accept that? Lod or not. It is here. A former Evolution Studio's employee could claim their original models were of a higher quality. So does that change anything? Judge on what we have NOW! Bugs, lod or any other issues are not what I am talking about. Hope that finally sinks in.

Sheesh...

If that is what you take from it rather than answering my question, than so be it! I cannot help you. But I put that statement forward because of how many times I have to keep repeating myself.
It's not worth answering questions that you very well know the answer of; if other people want to stick with their answers, even if by your standards they are wrong, let them be wrong and look at them being happy with their shamlessly wrong opinions when you hold the higher ground and laugh at them from a distance.
is this acceptable on current gen?
Nope

Though I'd like to see the difference between racemode and photomode lod on the 2 cars you posted

View attachment 785476
You haven’t shown anyone pictures that show DC has better models. The best DC models don’t surpass the worst GTS models. But you are right the consistency isn’t 100% due to different variables. That’s pretty much it. I don’t know why you’re trying so hard.

Though I'd like to see the difference between racemode and photomode lod on the 2 cars you posted
I am not talking about photomode. I never was. We both know the photomode cars are excellent. The best around. Why should I go off topic over the point I am making to prove you right? I am and was always taking about when the cars where on track. The main part of the game. Exclusively!
You haven’t shown anyone pictures that show DC has better models. The best DC models don’t surpass the worst GTS models. But you are right the consistency isn’t 100% due to different variables. That’s pretty much it. I don’t know why you’re trying so hard.
Have you even looked at my pictures that I posted? Look at my Enzo pictures that I posted. I am done repeating stuff. Otherwise you can do your own homework. But do not make a comment towards me without knowing the full picture.

The W08 race on Tokyo Express is about the most ridiculous race on the leagues.

Kind of fun & funny though.

I just did that one today. I hate Inner Loop. More of the same flowy nonsense of the other Tokyo tracks. Any track where the fastest way 'round is to ride the wall, well, something has gone wrong.

The new Outer Loop on the other hand, though shorter, is the much superior and more technical track. I wish they just added the 4 point dock hairpin to Outer Loop and kept it as just 1 track. PD did the same thing with St. Croix, so many senseless variations of one track.

I hope we can get the koenigsegg brand into gt sport for the first time just like Porsche. But i doubt it will happen. But would be so dope with agera and ccx

Didn't this whole debacle start because someone said GTS was using Driveclub models?It is proven that GTS has better models than DriveClub.Then people started saying GT has the best models because a already good looking game like Driveclub doesn't look that good compared to Gran Turismo.Am i getting this right?

Didn't this whole debacle start because someone said GTS was using Driveclub models?It is proven that GTS has better models than DriveClub.Then people started saying GT has the best models because a already good looking game like Driveclub doesn't look that good compared to Gran Turismo.Am i getting this right?
driveclub assets are known to be re used in sony games, i asked the lead develepor on dc and he confirmed it

Back