Gran Turismo Sport 1.38 Update Now Available: Five New Cars and More

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 595 comments
The digital dash was standard fitment only on 1st generation Zenki AE86 3 Door GT Apex model trim, if you wanted analogue dash, you had to specify it when ordering the car. The 2 door Zenki, and the 2nd generation ( kouki ) 2 door and 3 door GT Apex didn't have digital dash as standard, it was special option, and the digital dash was JDM only.
Little trivia : GT Apex was the higher spec trim equipped with GT suspension, AE85 2 door had the soft comfort oriented suspension tune, the more hardcore trim was 3 door GTV which not only had minimal feature but also aggressive stiff "super tuned" suspension. GTV and GT Apex trim had the rear disc brakes and LSD available as an option.

I know about the analogue dial being an option, see my post on page 1 of the thread. Anyway, as I've said I'm over it now.

Interesting, I didn't know that the GTV is above GT-Apex. I simply thought it's the overseas equivalent trim of GT-Apex in Japan. You learn something everyday 👍

Going slightly aside, has anyone managed to make GT1/2 Racing Mod and BP Apex liveries for the car? I was going to trawl the discovery section but the deluge of tofu shop AE86 is such a chore to sift through :lol:

latest
latest
latest

The recent pattern has been no info until the day it gets released. Car silhouette teasers usually drop a week or so in advance. I wouldn't expect anything until late May or even early June.
Thanks. It's unfortunate that they are not more open about things. Oh well. I'm still enjoying the game.

Don’t forget, they “accidentally” leaked Goodwood Circuit in the same exact way they leaked the 1.38 cars before we got them. So you can be 99% sure that 1.39 will have Goodwood. That’s enough info to hold me over, personally.

Unless 1.39 is a bug fix :sly::lol:

Don’t forget, they “accidentally” leaked Goodwood Circuit in the same exact way they leaked the 1.38 cars before we got them. So you can be 99% sure that 1.39 will have Goodwood. That’s enough info to hold me over, personally.

I'm never 99% sure about any upcoming update. They don't care to let us know much. If what you say is correct then that will be great. At this point I'm just satisfied to hear rumors. A sad state of affairs, really.

I know about the analogue dial being an option, see my post on page 1 of the thread. Anyway, as I've said I'm over it now.

Interesting, I didn't know that the GTV is above GT-Apex. I simply thought it's the overseas equivalent trim of GT-Apex in Japan. You learn something everyday 👍

Going slightly aside, has anyone managed to make GT1/2 Racing Mod and BP Apex liveries for the car? I was going to trawl the discovery section but the deluge of tofu shop AE86 is such a chore to sift through :lol:

latest
latest
latest

Someone did a Levin RM livery:

I did what every Initial D fan does, made the Trueno from the first and second seasons then the Project D version from the 4th and 5th seasons. Then I made a a version from season 1 and two with a carbon fiber hood without the black headlight covers. I ended up putting some black Rays 57 Gainers. Why aren’t all the wheels available for each car? The 300ZX (Fairlady Z Z32) has the worst wheel selection in the game in my opinion. I hope they make more wheels available for some of the cars in the game.
I actually sold my AE86
Someone did a Levin RM livery:

Really kills me we don't have an overfenders option.

Here is a pic I took of the new R8 with the A110. Both cars are very close in terms of performance which makes sense because they were both made by Renault.
7070651499280368660_0.jpg

I just wish the R8 wasn't in Gr. X because the A110 is N100 even though both cars are pretty much the same in terms of spec and classification.

Here is a pic I took of the new R8 with the A110. Both cars are very close in terms of performance which makes sense because they were both made by Renault.

I just wish the R8 wasn't in Gr. X because the A110 is N100 even though both cars are pretty much the same in terms of spec and classification.
A110 doesn't have any of the race spec kit on it that the R8 Gordini does, which is why they are where they are, although the classic Mini and Porsche 356 should also have been Gr.X, but PD have been inconsistent with properly categorizing cars so far.

The A110 is a bigger monster, its always been since GT6

the classic Mini and Porsche 356 should also have been Gr.X, but PD have been inconsistent with properly categorizing cars so far.
I'm glad they're not in Group X. The R8 really can't really compete with much now. It's just alone.

Nice photo. I'd like to see either of these in a Daily Race One Make. Or if they are as closely spec'd as you say, then both in the same race 👍

So then, about the next update.

Are we expecting a further, smaller, update. As we got with Super Formula. The GT Twitter account has hinted a new track is coming ‘soon’.

Edit: I've now moved all of the dross into its own thread for safekeeping, given some of the comments within it. If the users involved have any further questions or comments, they may PM the site admin staff.

I don't expect there to be any continuation of it. One user has already proceeded under the assumption I was kidding and found that I was not.

Last edited:
Actually, it's 1990-2018 for S13 and 2002-2018 for S15.

Actually, it was last year.
Gran Turismo didn't come out until 1997, so it's quite difficult for the S13 Silvia to have been in the game since 1990. Also:
Is that confirmed? Polyphony Digital will not add either car to GT Sport? What's the source on that?

Back