Gran Turismo Sport 1.41 Update Now Available: Adds Five Cars, More Events

On the good side though, anyone noticed the color palette selection for 930 Turbo almost exactly replicates the color palette choice in NFS Porsche Unleashed? The moment i saw the available colors i knew i saw that exact order somewhere else

I believe PD always tries to include every official paint option with correct names too. I wouldn’t be surprised if the NFS game did too, hence the similar colors.

The Porsche could be louder. My old man’s ‘79 SC is so much louder in real life. I don’t drive it regularly, but when I do, even at idle it starts to get to you after a while. And well let’s not even compare the steering, pedals and shifting. Way stiffer all around, but hey this is a game after all...

I’m just lucky enough to try things I wouldn’t dare in real life.

Really wondering why GT Sport updates takes 1GB+ almost everytime when only few cars was delivered and max one circuit. In fact there is NO problem to deliver 10 times more cars on this kinda space. And when we already know the new GT will be on PS5 why not to convert old circuits from GT6 and GT5 and deliver them to us??? One other thing I wanna mention here ... the quality of the trees is HORRIBLE, bad textures and many times only two crossing planes (polygons) with a texture on it (could be seen on Monza "sky" view) - why??? Look at NFS Shift 2 on PS3, these trees are beautiful...

Really wondering why GT Sport updates takes 1GB+ almost everytime when only few cars was delivered and max one circuit. In fact there is NO problem to deliver 10 times more cars on this kinda space. And when we already know the new GT will be on PS5 why not to convert old circuits from GT6 and GT5 and deliver them to us??? One other thing I wanna mention here ... the quality of the trees is HORRIBLE, bad textures and many times only two crossing planes (polygons) with a texture on it (could be seen on Monza "sky" view) - why??? Look at NFS Shift 2 on PS3, these trees are beautiful...
Are we still complaining about trees?

Don't know about anyone else but I'm not sight seeing during a race.

Those updates, while coming in each month only with a few cars, are still being offered for free, ain't it?

x2019 30 lap Sardegna Try 2

Ok this time I'm prepared. I average 1'30". I do fastest lap of 1'27"500 admittedly with some amazing tows all along the lap.

Unfortunantely pushing real hard makes your fuel econ go to about 8-9 laps per stint. I grab 1st by about lap 20?

Intervals is like 36 sec at the start and you lower these all the time.

Last stint I dont refuel and just manage FM1 on straight FM6 rest of track. The lead cars all need to refuel lap 27 or so.

I just manage fuel until the end when I let fly with a final lap on FM1.

I got good luck in that the last few laps the front leaders were all spoilted by backmarkers so blue flags everywhere which allowed me to maintain gap.

Overall not too bad for a 46 min race. But damn man... more GT3 and GT1 endurances. Two x2019 races in a row is a bit much.

High-res textures, each track has 7 different time of day settings, and each time setting has to store its own baked lighting data. Of course the size will be 1+ gb.

That's easy: the 3D car models in GT Sport have been future-proofed/over-engineered. If you've ever watched a comparison video between GT Sport's car models and those from other games, GT Sport's are (arguably) the best. They have been rendered to feature excessive amounts of polygons, quality, and detail, which in turn translates to eating up a lot of disk space. But this allows them to be reused and simply imported over to future GT titles with really no extra effort at all.

Moving on, I am still pissed that the MX-5 Touring Car is an N200 while the Renault Gordini is in Gr.X :irked: seriously, why??? :confused:

That's easy: the 3D car models in GT Sport have been future-proofed/over-engineered. If you've ever watched a comparison video between GT Sport's car models and those from other games, GT Sport's are (arguably) the best. They have been rendered to feature excessive amounts of polygons, quality, and detail, which in turn allows them to be reused and simply imported over to future GT titles with really no extra effort at all.
Yet several VGTs and other related cars like concept cars added in the game still have no interiors or just have plain blacked out interiors as if they were standard cars from the previous generation titles. So I also wonder why it would take 1GB whenever a VGT or concept car is included in an update.

Yet several VGTs and other related cars like concept cars added in the game still have no interiors or just have plain blacked out interiors as if they were standard cars from the previous generation titles. So I also wonder why it would take 1GB whenever a VGT or concept car is included in an update.

Most likely cause of that is the licensing agreement between the manufacturers, and the tired old argument/fact that PD and Kaz DO NOT design these VGTs. They only render them. If the manufacturers don't allow them to put in the interior designs of the VGT cars, they can't put them in.

I mean, the main reason why we don't have Spa and Lotus yet in the game is because of licensing issues. From that basis, I could say the same about the missing VGT interiors.

EDIT: PD also can't exactly make up or "invent" interior designs for the VGTs, because that would be tantamount to tampering with the designs given to them. They would be slapped in the face with a massive lawsuit if they ever did that. Once again, licensing agreements.

Most likely cause of that is the licensing agreement between the manufacturers, and the tired old argument/fact that PD and Kaz DO NOT design these VGTs. They only render them. If the manufacturers don't allow them to put in the interior designs of the VGT cars, they can't put them in.

I mean, the main reason why we don't have Spa and Lotus yet in the game is because of licensing issues. From that basis, I could say the same about the missing VGT interiors.

EDIT: PD also can't exactly make up or "invent" interior designs for the VGTs, because that would be tantamount to tampering with the designs given to them. They would be slapped in the face with a massive lawsuit if they ever did that. Once again, licensing agreements.
That's just sad considering the fact that several VGTs have photos of their own respective interiors spread throughout the net.

So players are expecting to see their interiors in the game, too. But it's just not like that because of that licensing issue, if that's the main reason for their blacked out interiors.

That's just sad considering the fact that several VGTs have photos of their own respective interiors spread throughout the net.

So players are expecting to see their interiors in the game, too. But it's just not like that because of that licensing issue, if that's the main reason for their blacked out interiors.

I feel you, the interior of the Aston DP-100 looks sweet. And the BMW could use one as well, since it's really close to a race car, a GT3 in fact. On the flip side we do have the Fittipaldi EF7, which has a full-blown racing interior.

I feel you, the interior of the Aston DP-100 looks sweet. And the BMW could use one as well, since it's really close to a race car, a GT3 in fact. On the flip side we do have the Fittipaldi EF7, which has a full-blown racing interior.
That said, there's still a big possibility that it may be the same if they're coming back in GT7.

I think sometimes the lack of an interior is reflective of a lack of an interior design provided by the manufacturer / design house itself. Sometimes they might have been able to revisit it and flesh it out. Sure, in the odd case, this may never happen. People move on, time (money) gets spent elsewhere etc.

The 3D models might be larger than normal because PD were using dynamic meshes, and likely will again. You have to store the information in a specific way if you want to do this.

E.g.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygon_mesh#Winged-edge_meshes

That's not necessarily the exact way they've done it (it's more likely they used progressive meshes), but look at the filesize comparisons just underneath for an illustration of the level of impact it can have.

In the end, storage is cheap, bandwidth can be saved at runtime by streaming only the bits you need, rather than dumping the whole file in RAM (which PD already did) and the rest sorts itself out. Sucks if you have a data cap, though.

Back