Gran Turismo Sport 1.41 Update Now Available: Adds Five Cars, More Events

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190731235721_1.jpg

Ready to attack Nürburgring with my Teammate Simona de Silvestro... :sly:

I just notice something weird happened to how the game rendering Porsche 930 Turbo.
The car headlight and body lost roundness details or poly count while playing but when I pause the game the details pop right up and the headlights looked round again.
This may be a glitch or it just the way adaptive tessellation works in the game but even if that was the case then it is a bit aggressive.
I play on standard PS4.
Driving my 930 with rough looking headlights really bothers right now.

yeah i spotted that too on bonnet cam, will be fixed soon enough...

i've bitten the bullet and started reinstalling it. It's kind of overdue as little niggling issues kept popping up. My console's old as hell too; got it when Destiny released. It's survived a lot and i often remind myself that i went through that 5 XBOX 360s during the same amount of time that ive had this ps4, so it really has been remarkably resilient. Here's hoping both our old girls can keep chugging along until ps5 drops :P

just run a cheap usb cooling fan under the console, it stops the circuits boards warping and extends the consoles life considerably...

Last edited by a moderator:
You mounting the kerb? That would not happen often back in the era the car is from. Consequences existed in that era. Light weight and springy suspension means don't drive it like a modern car. As for SUV's. Take one to the track. It will fall over at the first corner you attack.

Nope. It rolled on the last corner of Nordeschielfe before I even started the lap.

The Civic drives pretty well out of the box. I do look forward to seeing some tunes , though.
Personally , i'll not do any tune for it , at least for the actual time attack event specs.
Light weight , excess of power above those poor grip comfort medium tires , all this mess a lot with the line and balance of the car .
Even applying my most perfect throttle control the car stay very weird to drive this way , not my cup of tea for sure.
I will do one in the future, balancing power , weight and grip combination. Stock , the car is amazing .... for a FF car !

just run a cheap usb cooling fan under the console, it stops the circuits boards warping and extends the consoles life considerably...

External fan sounds like something that could accelerate dust buildup around the console, which you don’t want.

My high mileage fat PS2 from 2001 still runs despite no attempts to extend its life. Proper airflow for the internal fans, regular cleaning and placement far away from dust sources goes a long way.

External fan sounds like something that could accelerate dust buildup around the console, which you don’t want.

My high mileage fat PS2 from 2001 still runs despite no attempts to extend its life. Proper airflow for the internal fans, regular cleaning and placement far away from dust sources goes a long way.

I've used one on my PS3 for over five years and haven't run into any problems with accelerated dust build-up. It definitely helps in keeping the system cool, but so does placing it in a low dust area and cleaning it on a regular basis.

Isn't it supposed to be unpleasant when it happens, so you learn to never make it happen? FWIW it feels essentially the same as other games to me.
I'd prefer they simply model the tire wear on the front end of the car like they have on the rear... rather than have a nanny jump in with a rattle.
I don't scrub the front, so I've only felt it a couple times, but it'd be nice if rather than slapping your wrist, your pace was effected.

Its mostly a big engine placed far back so the weight distribution is so biased towards the back, which made it so twitchy at even dangerous at real life, thats why its nicknamed the widow maker.
Porsche made them more and more stable and safe each model
The weight out back doesn't help, but if that was the driving factor current cars would still suffer, and they don't.
The real issue of the early 911's was that when laterally loaded the rear wheels would toe out, and when unweighted, they would loose positive camber.
It was more of a suspension flaw, that has been vastly revised over the years.
It's very well documented.

Porsche eventually dropped the semi trailing arm (induces toe-out) for a multilink (induces some toe-in).
In game... not sure... rarely play anymore and certainly have not updated or driven the 930.
in GT6 however;
LSD at 16/18/50
ride 0, 0
spring 6.9, 8.2
extension 4, 5
compression 6, 7
sway 6, 5
camber 1, 4
toe 0, 0.5
brakes 5, 3.
That was working well early on, but I improved on that a fair bit as time went by.
Tthat should give you an idea if nothing else on theory/ratios to get started.

Last edited:
Stop using Racing Super Soft on classic road cars.

I wanna say congrats to these forums for answering mostly with actual advice instead of...well...this. It's advice, just not that great. I mean, what if I want to? Eh, It was an easy enough fix. Like everyone else suggested, I just stiffened the suspension and the rear antiroll bar and it was mostly fine. Still had to watch curbs, but I made it around.

Thanks everyone else.

I wanna say congrats to these forums for answering mostly with actual advice instead of...well...this. It's advice, just not that great. I mean, what if I want to? Eh, It was an easy enough fix. Like everyone else suggested, I just stiffened the suspension and the rear antiroll bar and it was mostly fine. Still had to watch curbs, but I made it around.

Thanks everyone else.
Maybe next time just ask for help instead of launching into some poorly-conceived tirade about the ignorance of others ("developers") when it is you yourself who is the ignorant one. At least you know better now.

Thanks everyone else.
You don't have to be so hard in yourself. You're the first one who jumped into conclusions anyway.

Thanks everyone else.
Well considering me myself has actually experience such tipover on classic cars, and that's without that F1 grade racing tire mind you.

Glad that you have some tune to mitigate but my problem is that you straight up blame the developers when it something that will actually happen IRL.

The EK9 CTR is easily my favorite FF car in the game. It is the only car in the game that does not suffer exceptional understeer all the time. In comparison with the 2015 Type R, the old one feels so much more agile and cornering ability is way better. The feeling how the car wants to turn and when it does not just give it a little bit of power and it just corners like crazy, great setup and great sound too. Cannot wait to tune it in GT7.
The Civic is brilliant! There's a reason why I've owned one in GT4, GT5 and GT6. Now that I have one in GT Sport, I can understand why it's considered to be one of the best front-drive cars ever produced. I've always rated the EK as a great vehicle and in GT Sport it feels even greater. So in terms of pure driving pleasure, this has to be one of the best updates as that Porsche is equally impressive. I come back to the game and I'm properly rewarded.

I haven’t been able to try any of the new cars yet, partially cuz I haven’t had much time to play around and also cuz I was holding out that I’d get lucky and win one in a daily or CE spin. So far I’ve enjoyed every RR car in the game, and seeing all the praise for the 930 (something I was already hoping would arrive) I’m beyond giddy to try it out tomorrow on my day off. :bowdown:

Hi @ all
Guys, maybe i'm crazy:dunce: but in the last update they (PD) changed the physics no?:confused: I tryed yesterday and the feeling was weird, with mustang gr3 and sls gr3, lost 5 sec per lap on the 24h nurburgring :grumpy: I was like ; maybe my Wheel is broken...
Realy strange feeling
What do you think?

Hi @ all
Guys, maybe i'm crazy:dunce: but in the last update they (PD) changed the physics no?:confused: I tryed yesterday and the feeling was weird, with mustang gr3 and sls gr3, lost 5 sec per lap on the 24h nurburgring :grumpy: I was like ; maybe my Wheel is broken...
Realy strange feeling
What do you think?
Yes, other people are also saying they’re getting slower lap times too.

Back