Gran Turismo Sport 1.43 Update Now Available: Five JDM Cars and Wet Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 524 comments
Okay, used the S200 at Daytime Rain, SH. :scared: but fun battling with the AI. Started 20th, got up to 12th. The run from T1 to T2 has the most grip. T3/4 need to be taken with precaution. The final turn is a bit skatey too.

Gto on the update front. Thats the way to show it some love. With this car returning from gt2 can more of them return like the Mazda cosmo. From the early 90s. Still think PD should add Mitsubishi gto 2nd and 3rd gens as well

Pretty disappointed that the windshield doesn't have rain on it, but when you drive inside it does have it :(, sure it's a minor detail but come on this triggers me alot XD

Attachments

• IMG_20190827_113159.jpg
    IMG_20190827_113159.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 68
Anyone with a wheel tried it yet? Any effect on the FFB when going through a puddle? In PC2 the aquaplaning and the overall impact on the handling is massive. I've spun many times just going through a puddle. The car just might suddenly pull hard to either side. Just like in real life. From what I've seen so far, I seriously doubt it's anything like that in GTS. Are they creating wet conditions for each track separatelly instead of just developing wet mechanics for the entire game? Well, that's gonna take years then.:lol:

Doesn't the A80 Supra tune to the highest in that group of JDMs?
No it goes to 903 bhp while the skyline r34 goes to 913 bhp. So i would hope for 800 bhp or more for 3000 gt. That would put in the same bhp as a maxed skyline r32. If they add gen 2 it should be around the same as the a80 supra and skyline r34

I’m happy with majority. I’m very angry kaz has reverted back to the duplicate cars of gt5. The corolla levin and the sprinter trueno are identical with minor aesthetic changes. This really angers me. I was happy to leave behind the catalogue of duplicate cars with minor changes from gt5, even though kaz believes they were so definitive in there own way....

The trueno came out and literally no one said ‘we also need the levin’ because it’s a known fact that women love pop ups...

Anyone with a wheel tried it yet? Any effect on the FFB when going through a puddle? In PC2 the aquaplaning and the overall impact on the handling is massive. I've spun many times just going through a puddle. The car just might suddenly pull hard to either side. Just like in real life. From what I've seen so far, I seriously doubt it's anything like that in GTS. Are they creating wet conditions for each track separatelly instead of just developing wet mechanics for the entire game? Well, that's gonna take years then.:lol:

It's nothing like PC2, no aquaplaning in standing water, the force feedback on G29 feels ok, Gr4 FF cars are hilarious!

Custom RAce Gr.3 in the F1. Standing start, 4 laps, HW tyres. Only got up to 14th, but it's too much fun. Driving nose to tail in the spray is incredible. Getting through those first few gears and punching it to the next corner. No HUD, cockpit view, just the wiper going. The replay is sensational as well. I'm fine if we get rain updates per month. LeSarthe would be quite scary in these conditions. I can imagine, Spa, BAthurst, Monza, Autopolis and Fuji, in the rain.

That sloshing waterfall sound when you’re behind someone in the wet is quite off-putting. Like it swallows all the other sounds in the game.

Looks like you can't turn the wiper on/off if you're a pad user. I kind of expected it to be a new feature. Oh well.

The corolla levin and the sprinter trueno are identical with minor aesthetic changes.

I think you'll find that the aesthetic changes are quite significant... they enable the car to look less like a Sprinter, and virtually identical to an Aston Martin V8, an Alfa Romeo 156, an R30 or R31 Skyline, and Isuzu Piazza, Nissan Bluebirds...... old Maserati's, old Supra's, old Renaults... in fact pretty much any car you want to believe it looks like...

... the Levin is miraculous in that respect.

Just tested both GC8-chassis Imprezas on Autopolis. 5 laps each, stock power/weight, no tuning, no TCS and Sports Softs.

2:08.678 - Impreza 22B-STi
2:09.614 - Impreza WRX STi Coupe

No surprises there, really.

Guess the rain is heavy on data

The "rain" itself isn't, but because PD chose to pre-render (bake) all the track textures according to every lighting condition an entirely different set of textures for every condition is required (sidenote: this is why we don't have Time of Day progression). If, for instance, a track has seven times of day then seven different textures are required for every single object. Thus you're not just downloading things pertinent to the rain (like reflection maps for the standing water and sprites for the spray) but completely new textures for every object in every new lighting condition. (The only things that are dynamically changed according to different "lighting" conditions are the cars textures/shaders.

Go. Away.
You seem nice.

Id happily pay for season passes
No. Just no. The day PD start that BS is the day my 22-year journey with Gran Turismo comes to a screeching halt.

Last year they brought back the Amuse S2000. This year they brought back the street S2000 as a 1999 version. Also, last year they brought back Red Bull Ring. This year they added rain to Red Bull Ring as an option.

Last edited:
Back