Gran Turismo Sport delayed to 2017

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Pophead, Aug 30, 2016.

1. MXH

MXH Premium

Are you sure you don't mean another batch of gameplay videos featuring Brands, the 'Ring or Tokyo?

magawolaz and scholesy1899 like this.
  2. Samus

Samus

Well that's all very true, we've all essentially been poop-posting for the best part of a year with so little to actually talk about from PD.

FosterG, Imari and scholesy1899 like this.
  3. Cocomoto

Cocomoto

Well, reveling a release date with 3 months or more is the right thing to do IMO.
    People have things to pay, travels to do etc... with 3 or more months of acknowledgement, we have time to prepare our financess and buy the game, or the kids to ask to their fathers to do so.
    Sure, there's some people who can buy it anyway, but...

Off topic: What "cringe-induce" means? I've googled it but i couldn't find a meaning that make sense at all in the context.
    But it doesn't sound good!! :lol::lol:

4. Michelin Man

Michelin Man

Basically it's used to describe something that's embarrassing or makes you feel uncomfortable.

Cocomoto likes this.
  5. Corsa

Corsa Premium

Ha agreed.
    But I would speculate PC2 would definitely want to release before GT Sport. I would also speculate they are all in contact about this through Sony.
    What I can't speculate on is why the PS store still has preorder for GTS available showing a release date of 12/31/17 as of last night.

6. Michelin Man

Michelin Man

Maybe they chose that date just to cover all bases and assume GT Sport is coming out this year :lol:

7. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

Placeholder date.

Imari and TeamCZRRacing like this.
  8. Samus

Samus

That is exactly what they did, also known as a...

I'm not sure how more people don't know how these work. The game has a vague release date of 2017, they set a specific placeholder date of the last day in the year so that when they do know the real date, the customer is happy, it can only get better for them. "Good news, your pre-order has moved forward to X date". Business 101.

The alternative is to make a guess yourself so the initial date is more appealing and hope it doesn't come later. Obviously not the safer option, if you set it as say March 30th and it turns out to be September you're going to disappoint people if it turns out later and you have to inform them. If you'd set it as Dec 31st, it'd be going forward 3 months.

The only way they lose is if it goes to 2018.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Imari and AudiMan2011 like this.
  9. Michelin Man

Michelin Man

I understand how placeholder date's work, seen them before. Like you say, it makes the customer happy, as when the actual release date is shown, the game will come out earlier than the placeholder date states it, resulting in said happy customer.

I was just trying to add a little humor by being vaguely sarcastic with my comment (and yes I know i didn't do a very good job of it)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  10. FosterG

FosterG

I've been away for a while, still no date? Oh well. Hope one drops soon.

11. Samus

Samus

PD are doing radio silence yet again. Since the delay announcement in August 2016 the only time they've appeared is for this technobabble about how the games going to look on TVs that don't exist - http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_3723425.html.

We also got a new bunch of screenshots and trailer at Playstation Experience but PD weren't there, didn't say anything about the game progress.

12. speeeyskells

speeeyskells

plus its the 1st full week back for sony if there was a extra bank holiday in Japan last week.

13. Soundtrack

Soundtrack

Kaz was interviewed there (mostly about GTS "Full" HDR and how it surpasses Hollywood movie grading:rolleyes:)

ProjectF and dipsetab like this.
  14. Islaygaz

Islaygaz

Maybe there isn't going to be a release date. Maybe our pre-orders will just arrive at our door some day soon!

15. Sharpie

Sharpie

Soon.

ProjectF likes this.
  16. Northstar

Northstar Premium

And than the earth gets swallowed by the sun immediately after. :lol:

17. Sharpie

Sharpie

And 5751cb86f61811062e7c5cfae86699fa5a764dcd7b2f69511e09d207d341d01c.jpg

18. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

Imagine if that would happen... :eek:

19. Imari

Imari

Honestly wouldn't surprise me that much any more.

AudiMan2011 likes this.
  20. Mr P510

Mr P510

I'd say if theres no OFFICIAL release date announced in the next 2-3 months then PD must be thinking of a 2018 release.

Just my 2 cents.

21. JC_Dude

JC_Dude

Could also be Holiday 2017, in which case they'd reveal the date at E3. Personally, I think they'll reveal the date around the Nintendo Switch's launch to take some attention from them, and the date will be May/June.

22. Samus

Samus

Well, Sony did edit their "2017 Exclusives" trailer to "2017 and beyond". I'm sure it was for other titles, but you never know...:lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't see the announcement of a driving sim taking anything away from a Nintendo console, it's hardly a crossover crowd.

23. Brend

Brend Premium

Seems like two totally different audiences to be honest, I suppose if you view the two companies in direct competition it would make sense but it's not like the Switch is going to have a prime racing series to steal sales from Sony.

24. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

@Samus That is mostly because Detroit and days gone aren't releasing in 2017.

25. queleuleu

queleuleu

26. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

@queleuleu PD are untouchable, I'd say they're about the same as Naughty Dog, Horizon won't flop.

27. I6sexus

I6sexus (Banned)

God willing, changes should have been made long ago at PD

Far from it, their incompetence is staggering. We are far removed form the PS2 gen. Plus none are untouchable, it only takes one or two game failures to ruing decades of success in this business.

28. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

@I6sexus Disagree, PD not only have a best selling exclusive, they have the technical know how to see hardware as well.

29. I6sexus

I6sexus (Banned)

We are i the 4th year of this gen and yet not a single game from them, how exactly does that show technical know how ?

And their best selling exclusive, we are 7 years removed from that feat.

You are living in the past, where PD belongs.

30. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

You can disagree all you like. No one is exempt from the axe. They are a very long way from the PS2 era for quality. If the sales curve continues downward from GT6 that could be enough. 200 Staff now? It cost 12 million a year in the GT5 era. What will that be now? How many games have they released recently?