Gran Turismo Sport demo extended until friday 13th.

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 56 comments
Hah, an extention, that's why I got an extra Daily gift, since I started playing before 12 my time zone and ended the game session after 12, can't complain tho.

I did not know about the power upgrades tho, thanks for the tips, Koenigsegg!

Guys will we be able to buy car parts in GTS? Turbos, suspensions, exhausts, etc?

From the beginning I thought we would be able to, like in the past GT titles, but now unfortunately it looks like it won't be possible?

Guys will we be able to buy car parts in GTS? Turbos, suspensions, exhausts, etc?

From the beginning I thought we would be able to, like in the past GT titles, but now unfortunately it looks like it won't be possible?

I realise this is just a demo, but I'm very concerned about how they will manage power adders. This was a conversation I was having with mates in a tuning lobby.

If we are only allowed to buy stages of "power ranges" as opposed to actual parts (e.g. supercharger VS turbos), we will have lost a major part of tuning. The ability to select which type of power curve and then modify it through parts will be gone. Not cool.

Also, there's weight reduction, but no more ballast options.

I think all the cars I've won have customisable suspensions and transmissions and diffs.

Again, I'm hoping this is just a limited UI for the demo. But, with their emphasis on trying to simplify and appeal to a broader spectrum of players... Not so sure.

There is a big problem for me
Look
I want to download the demo in order to try gtsport , i wasn t here from monday to tuesday
How can i do ? There no more link in psn

I think they need it to fix as much issues as possible. They weren't expecting so many people but that gave them a chance to perform some bugfixes that would otherwise be made next week, after the game releases. :)

They probably had a plan A (close the demo yesterday), a plan B (today) or even a plan C (weekend). Nothing is made because PD just wants to let us play. :)

I'm sure you're right that demand exceeded expectations, and it's providing them with a wonderful opportunity to configure their servers in anticipation of the real workload next week. I don't think the surprise in Kaz's tweet is feigned!

I realise this is just a demo, but I'm very concerned about how they will manage power adders. This was a conversation I was having with mates in a tuning lobby.

If we are only allowed to buy stages of "power ranges" as opposed to actual parts (e.g. supercharger VS turbos), we will have lost a major part of tuning. The ability to select which type of power curve and then modify it through parts will be gone. Not cool.

Also, there's weight reduction, but no more ballast options.

I think all the cars I've won have customisable suspensions and transmissions and diffs.

Again, I'm hoping this is just a limited UI for the demo. But, with their emphasis on trying to simplify and appeal to a broader spectrum of players... Not so sure.
What you see in the demo is what you get as far as I'm concerned. Kaz has said previously that you won't be able to make a 1000 BHP skyline.

What you see in the demo is what you get as far as I'm concerned. Kaz has said previously that you won't be able to make a 1000 BHP skyline.

Unfortunately this is the truth I think, we are already playing the full game, only with limited features and I don't see any tuning shop where we can buy parts and tune our road cars.

This is really a shame, I'm loving the demo, the physics etc are top notch. But buying and tuning road cars was a big part of the game for me, this for me is a huge negative.

There is a big problem for me
Look
I want to download the demo in order to try gtsport , i wasn t here from monday to tuesday
How can i do ? There no more link in psn
It's a real first-world problem eh? The game is out in a few days, be patient.

unfortunatley I've been working almost day n night for the past two days, I'm gonna miss the extention completely, although due to the maintenance updates all my progress has been wiped out. Still, I can't wait for the games release, I've got the same buzz I had when The first Gran Turismo came on the PS1:gtpflag:👍:lol::drool::D

Yea, I'm not interested in a 1,000hp Skyline. I care more about the ability to select parts and tune a power curve that suits the acceleration points of a track (e.g. Compensating for no bottom end or turbo lag issues).

At least with the power restrictor you could shift peak torque and widen the usable range of hp which in certain vehicles helped immensely in stability and predictability. In GTS, it doesn't alter the power curve at all beyond restricting HP.

It is what it is, I guess.

Yea, I'm not interested in a 1,000hp Skyline. I care more about the ability to select parts and tune a power curve that suits the acceleration points of a track (e.g. Compensating for no bottom end or turbo lag issues).

At least with the power restrictor you could shift peak torque and widen the usable range of hp which in certain vehicles helped immensely in stability and predictability. In GTS, it doesn't alter the power curve at all beyond restricting HP.

It is what it is, I guess.

I always enjoyed playing with the exhausts, and turbo and supercharge NA engines in my favourite cars, can't believe they ditched this part of the game! Everybody enjoyed these features so much, it's a big part of the GT DNA since GT1 and GT2, mainly because tuning is a big part of the Japanese car culture, I don't get it!

As a long time GT fan I am concerned that the game may not do too well after a month or two. While I am fine with there not being much of a single player mode because at the end of the day I only used single player mode for track lapping days until the online league race days. I know it will be a bit hit to the games gut probably giving it a bad score, and with good reason. A lot of other gamers like to have that single player career mode and I used to when I was younger. Now when I play games I hardly ever use single player on any game. I haven't even done the 3rd mission in GTAV. But I am very active online with friends and stuff. It all comes down to time I guess.

In my opinion this game should have just been called GT-Online and focused nearly everything to online play(which it already looks that way).

The only other thing that will hurt this game if not updated in a few months is content. I can deal with the lack of cars for the most part(but would rather have a lot more of course) but my issue comes with the lack of racing tracks. Also, the missing classic GT tracks of the past. I almost wish that Project cars2 and GT-Sport were smashed together. PCars2 for the race tracks and GTSport for everything else.

I will still buy the game though as a lot of people will have racing leagues up. And that is really what I am buying GT-Online for. Racing leagues, Photo taking and Livery editing. I will miss the fun of tuning your cars, and having a nice collection of cars to play and tune with.

Well one of the trophies you can earn is earned by racing for XP up to level 50, so maybe it’s unlimited. I guess you’d need more XP per level and so on so forth.

Here’s your link.

Here’s a photo.
View attachment 679843

I don't recall off-hand, does the trophy section on the PS4 keep count of your progress for each trophy by percentage? I want to say yes....

The hardest one on that list is the 65 pole positions because you don't know what kind of room you'll be thrown into. Unless it's like it was last night where I'm always at least a full second faster than everyone else in the room, zzzzz.... 2nd hardest for me will be the million drift points :lol:

Jerome

Hey Kaz, if you can just extend the extension another 8 hours so that I can get some friday night (EDT) racing time in, I promise I'll buy the game.

So there's exactly 22 minutes to go before the demo will close.

Or has anyone heard otherwise? Maybe they'll extend it once more...

Managed to save a few replays from some online lobbies i took part in i kept forgetting to save my replays of the races in sport mode though :(

I'm also in the process of editing my attempt to break into the top 10 for the dragon trail circuit experience full lap run (i didn't manage it but did manage under 1:40 so i'm really pleased with myself since i don't consider myself that fast a driver)

demo is ended. but i still play it today. how ? because i left game on from yesterday on ps4 pro. and today ican continue play that one Stage 1 events as much as i want. i cant quit game and i cant choose other events. but all events from stage 1 works for me still ..i can play them, watch replays, select other event.
anyone else ?

Back