un_31.jpg
un_43.jpg
un_45.jpg
un_19.jpg
un_25.jpg
un_27.jpg
un_11.jpg

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20160520_758464.html

Torque steer is all present and correct, and caught quite a few out at the start of a number of races I saw when waiting for pods to free up.
:lol: Still trying to get my friend to work on that :P
Excellent analysis and yeah, the replays were silky smooth on every system I tried and I felt even the live races looked a lot better than they did yesterday (to spectate), could be a placebo.

Learning curve = HIGH! .. You must practice [at length] to perfect your skills now. The whole driving experience does feel a little bit slower [tyre model perhaps], but [IMHO] pedal precision and a much smoother accumulative steering angle that is far beyond GT6 capabilities is what will get you the perfect lap.
I felt quite the opposite, but I found the same with Dirt Rally. The closer a title is to reality the easier I tend to find it. I had no bigger learning curve today than I had with Dirt or PCars. In fact I deliberately spent time last night with a number of the cars I knew were in this build on PCars at Brands GP and not only were my lap times reasonably close between the two, but the overall behavior of GTS and PCars are not that far apart at all.

Having played it, I disagree .

Having played a number of betas (real ones not marketing ones) this was stable and played well.
Think it's a lot more stable than GT6 was at launch too. 👍
I felt quite the opposite, but I found the same with Dirt Rally. The closer a title is to reality the easier I tend to find it. I had no bigger learning curve today than I had with Dirt or PCars. In fact I deliberately spent time last night with a number of the cars I knew were in this build on PCars at Brands GP and not only were my lap times reasonably close between the two, but the overall behavior of GTS and PCars are not that far apart at all.
I did find it super easy to get into. Felt right at home although I haven't played a GT game for so long.

OK. Here I go (and this is just about the physics - the rest can wait a few days as I've just got back after a good 2 1/2 hour drive).

I drove the following to get a good range of impressions:

• MX-5
  • MX-5 Race Prep'd
  • Lotus Evora
  • Renault RS.01
  • Aston Martin GT3
  • Pug 908
I stuck to Brands Hatch GP and the 'ring tack wise as I know both well and in total got around 1.5 hours of seat time with around 10 to 15 laps of the Brands Hatch GP circuit in each.

First and most important, its a significant step forward from GT6 in all areas, the tyre model is far more progressive with break away better modeled. Suspension and weight transfer again improved and most noticeable of all the aero model has come along in a big way.

Aero was the easiest to feel, as I moved from cars which should lift at speed (the MX-5) through the RS.01, the GT3 Aston to the 908 they all felt far more planted through the corners.

The MX5 around the 'ring was great fun, with the car moving around in a very convincing away and very adjustable.

Torque steer is all present and correct, and caught quite a few out at the start of a number of races I saw when waiting for pods to free up.

I was speaking to @SlipZtrEm via PM last night and both of us expressed concerns regarding the weird movement from the streams, this seems to be an issue with the code being used in the spectator mode, as its certainly has nothing to do with the actual handling of the cars and is not present at all in the replays from single player races or time trials.

Overall I'm impressed with what I experienced.

Wow, that's the best news to come out from this event, Sold.

I've posted this on the Impression thread already but people here may also be interested.

My Impressions:

First of all I have to thank @Jordan and the other forum staff for arranging the GTP tickets for this fantastic event. gtplanet has been my primary source of procrastination for the last 6/7 years and it is great to see how successfully it has grown. Oh, and cheers for the magnet!

Now for GT Sport:

Played various combinations, I'll list all the ones I can remember below;

MX-5 at Brands Indy (controller)
Golf GTI at the 'Ring
Renault Sport GT3 at Willow
F-Type GT3 at Willow
MX-5 Gr N200 at Tokyo
Alpine VGT at Brands
MX-5 at the 'Ring (on CM tyres with all assists off - great fun!)

AI:

Used 50/50 Intermediate/Professional, the former were pretty easy to beat, rather like the GT6 AI. The latter however were significantly faster, and pretty hard to beat, you would easily end up well down the pack after one 'off' and struggle to make it back up the field. In terms of intelligence I noticed a few incidences of them making their own mistakes, plus they seemed to follow the racing line less religiously than I remember from previous games. I still had a few cases of blindly being punted off by a car that had not realised that I was there though.

Graphics:

The Cars were stunning, honestly the best models I have seen in any current gen racer. Yes a couple (SLS GT3) had some small tessellation issues around the arches in certain scenes but on the whole I was seriously impressed. I did not expect such a large leap in quality from PS3-4. As for tracks, Brands, Willow and Tokyo looked like fair improvement to GT6, although some lighting a scenery tweaking is needed for them to really look complete. The 'Ring was more of a mixture, there are some proper ruts in the grass now which looks great, but something about the rest of the grass didn't look quite 'right'. I also suffered some frame rate drops and flickering of the scenery which was quite noticeable.

Physics:

Seem like a fair improvement on what was already a good base. The cars seemed to move around more naturally in response to acceleration or cornering which was good to see. The collision physics were bad considering the type of game although Kaz did mention that they plan to implement a damage model in the Q+A. Driving the MX-5 with all assists off was excellent fun, I did not expect a 130bhp car to be as enjoyable as that was which is promising for the game as it means the lower powered cars can be properly enjoyed. The racing MX-5 behaved unusually on the Tokyo track, and I found myself sliding around like the people in the stream, could be a bug on just an unusual set up on the car. Braking and Steering assist are now an option (so you presumably literally have to mash the throttle in order to go round a track, trying to add appeal to a casual audience?).

Sounds:

Experienced a few knackered pairs of headphones so can't be 100% certain with my points. On the whole they seemed like a fair improvement. Best comparison I can do is for the Golf GTI, since my old man has an 'R' of the same generation and I would say the sound is very close to how the real car sounds when its cabin resonator/speaker thing is switched off. The MX-5 sounded reasonably sporty, and the difference in volume from bumper/cockpit view and chase cam seemed more apparent than in previous games. The F-Type sounded very good too. The tyre squeal is a bit overpowering although it is not as bad in practice than it is in the videos shown on here.

Finally, whilst I was somewhat cynical at first, now I have seen and tried out the game I firmly believe that the whole 'E-Sports' idea behind the game could be a really successful one. Competed in one of the network races on the main stage with a variety of people, and it was a very fun experience, even if I did get pushed wide on the last corner of Willow and lose 5 places...

Don't want to make this post too long so I'll leave it there, if anyone wants to know anything else then please ask! :)

As of now so am I.

It had the factor I've missed from the last two titles, fun while driving.

The AI is better, but still far too passive (backs off rather than challenge you directly a lot of the time).

Sounds were a mixed bag. The race MX5's and Golf were OK, the GT3 Aston and RS-01 were great and the Evora was bloody horrible and nearly game me a headache.

@Scaff yeah I didn't expect that, it really looked like the physics were the exact same, looks like the guy from Enthusia is doing miracles (although amar said they hired him for the Ai department).

AI looked like you said so hopefully they improve, thanks for your write up again, really pleased with this.

OK. Here I go (and this is just about the physics - the rest can wait a few days as I've just got back after a good 2 1/2 hour drive).

I drove the following to get a good range of impressions:

• MX-5
  • MX-5 Race Prep'd
  • VW Golf GTi
  • Lotus Evora
  • Renault RS.01
  • Aston Martin GT3
  • Pug 908
I stuck to Brands Hatch GP and the 'ring track wise as I know both well and in total got around 1.5 hours of seat time with around 10 to 15 laps of the Brands Hatch GP circuit in each.

First and most important, its a significant step forward from GT6 in all areas, the tyre model is far more progressive with break away better modeled. Suspension and weight transfer again improved and most noticeable of all the aero model has come along in a big way.

Aero was the easiest to feel, as I moved from cars which should lift at speed (the MX-5) through the RS.01, the GT3 Aston to the 908 they all felt far more planted through the corners.

The MX5 around the 'ring was great fun, with the car moving around in a very convincing away and very adjustable.

I was speaking to @SlipZtrEm via PM last night and both of us expressed concerns regarding the weird movement from the streams, this seems to be an issue with the code being used in the spectator mode, as its certainly has nothing to do with the actual handling of the cars and is not present at all in the replays from single player races or time trials.

Overall I'm impressed with what I experienced.

My hype, it's back.

Thanks for the impressions.

You clearly didn't look good enough. At one point in the stream I saw the wind making waves in the short grass. So I guess some patches of grass look really good, other patches look flat. My bet is that they will correct it all in the final game.
??? I was not looking good enough?? Have YOU see the picture I posted with my comment? The damn gras is flat as pollished mirror. You don't want to see this? Ah ok, you saw it, but think "this will be made in the final game". Well than the question. Why would PD/Sony would show us this trailer (which should show the very best of the new game), but also this horrible graphic?? Either they dont care... or this IS the final version!

Okay so about the game, like most I was definitely skeptical after that /stream/ yesterday :rolleyes:

Anyways the menus are so nice and polished, you can use the analog stick to actually freely browse like a mouse and the load times are next to non-existant. Even loading up the game, although on a cut-down copy I know, was almost instant, I wish I joking.

The car selection screen is a huge improvement, nice mix between function and form. Not too sure what the steering assist does since I never selected it. Menu music is awesome btw.

First thing you (sometimes) notice when the race starts loading is some engine noises as they go by on the race start screen, those sounds are much improved. Once again the race start menu is so clean.

The HUD is GREAT, looks fresh but very GT and is useful, map in the middle was a smart move. Super minimalistic but helpful.

Right from the "START" you can tell the physics have been tweaked for the better, also probably helped by the fact I don't use an FFB wheel often (funding issues :rolleyes:) but it just felt so much more alive! Each car felt different, when you hop in the MX5 you can feel that nimbleness but if you push too far you go sideways, the Golf was big and sturdy but cornered less generously, the RS 01 was a fiend off the line and at low revs on cold tires, but careful driving made you feel so rewarded by its performance. You really have to put in work in this game, I had a smile on my face even when I spun out.

(leaving out sounds since we've touched upon that many a time here, me included, and I'm tired lol)

Gripes right now would really only be a lack of damage, but Kaz answered that question in the most hilarious way that also confirmed it. Next gripe I saw was some weird aliasing and some strange graphical flashing in places, like on fences and edges of vehicles. Though from what I saw those famous jaggies seem to be mostly gone? Not sure about that one. Final gripe was a weird bug that happened when moving back and forth through menus too fast but that's clearly a beta thing so whatever.

Final impressions are this is a game for those who love the racing and the thrill, it was genuinely so fun and I've been missing that for a while. Though I love car collection this is still a day one for me.

Last thing; towards the end of the event I spent a good 45 minutes, if not more, sitting in a rig with the headphones on just playing the game. So chill and so fun, can't even explain to you guys. I only used three cars and two tracks in that whole time at the end (I used more earlier though) and there were at least 15 cars to choose from, I didn't feel like I had no choice at all. My friend who wanted to go home before the Kaz presentation (not letting that happen :cool:) spent around 30 odd minutes practising on Brands Hatch with just the RS 01.The 137 car thing is nothing to worry about when you start playing, seriously. I wasn't even looking at the time and I was so engrossed that I didn't realise it was time to go until someone came around and told us to have a final race.

I want to go back :banghead:

Last edited:
Got back from the Event about an Hour or so ago! What a Day! Lots of Interesting points to cover off. I've got a Off Screen Vid attached below If you'd like to see It feel free. It's the Renault RS-01 on the Nurburgring, Basic stuff! Sorry no Direct Sound though!

Today at the Community Event Kaz shed some light on a Question that was asked If the Seattle Circuit would feature in the Future Iteration of Gran Turismo e.g, even Gran Turismo 7 or even GT Sport... Kaz then replied that he doesn't think that GT Sport isn't actually Gran Turismo 7 and If he was to look back to GT Sport in todays form they could easily rebrand It as Gran Turismo 7 he said. So this is very much the Next GT Game.

Kaz then replied that he doesn't think that GT Sport isn't actually Gran Turismo 7 and If he was to look back to GT Sport in todays form they could easily rebrand It as Gran Turismo 7 he said. So this is very much the Next GT Game.
Well... that sure is interesting. If that's what Kaz thinks then I am guessing GT Sport is basically the GT3 (as in, starting fresh) people have been waiting for.

I admit, I was brought back down to Earth yesterday, but after reading @Scaff's impressions along with the other guys on this thread, my hype levels have gone back to overdrive again. I really like taking photos in GT games, so Scapes is a massive thing for me, I'm so excited for that (1000 locations, that's insane!), and reading that the game is fun to play, and is a leap forward for GT6 makes me really happy.

I want to say thank you to Polyphony Digital/Sony for organising this event, @Jordan, @Scaff and the other GTPlanet moderators and users that attended the event. Thank you guys for the amazing coverage, and thank you for this awesome community. Bring on GT Sport.

He/PD also said GT Sport is not GT7. As @AncientDiety says, it's been known for quite a while. Even the Facebook guy told us that.
... Kaz then replied that he doesn't think that GT Sport isn't actually Gran Turismo 7 and If he was to look back to GT Sport in todays form they could easily rebrand It as Gran Turismo 7 he said. So this is very much the Next GT Game.
So... is it or is not GT 7 ? Does ever Kaz said clearly, that GT Sport ist NOT GT 7 ???

So... is it or is not GT 7 ? Does ever Kaz said clearly, that GT Sport ist NOT GT 7 ???

He did in his Normal Cryptic answers as he does, But he said clearly that he sees Gran Turismo Sport as Gran Turismo 7, Translator-San said they have packed so much into GT Sport that when they look back at It they could easily go back to the Game and Re Brand It as Gran Turismo 7 If people would prefer. But he said the GT Sport Name stuck as the FIA Partnership was such a big feature within the Game and that looks to have taken precedence. This is very much a New Type of GT Experience.

Ok people. Food for thoughts. I notice something that I want to share from this video
This is basically confirms that AI is absolutely passive, because for the entire race the only one who switch places in this race is the player. This is really bad I think. Unless it is overtaking challenge:)

He did in his Normal Cryptic answers as he does, But he said clearly that he sees Gran Turismo Sport as Gran Turismo 7, Translator-San said they have packed so much into GT Sport that when they look back at It they could easily go back to the Game and Re Brand It as Gran Turismo 7 If people would prefer. But he said the GT Sport Name stuck as the FIA Partnership was such a big feature within the Game and that looks to have taken precedence. This is very much a New Type of GT Experience.

Hmm...that does make me question the amount of content there is in GTS. For an offshoot, 140 cars and 27 tracks is fine. But for a mainline GT game? I would normally want more.

Some of you guys impressions are unbelievable in a good way ! Mostly @Scaff 's impressions (experiences what is missing in the last title) . I was not interested in the game after yesterday's races stream but damn....

The direct feed 458 Gameplay also restore my faith on PD too.

But still, like i said, i'm not interested in the whole e-sports thing so i probably won't get this but i have faith in GT7 now.

Back