Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments

Interlagos is definitely confirmed ! I hope we will have real photos at Gamescom :)

Graphics, though obviously nice, look much better in replay than gameplay, from what I can tell.

I don't agree ;) Gameplay and Replay is exactly the same. If you look the replay in cokpit view or other playable view, you will not see any difference except maybe the blur. If the replay seems to you prettier, it's because there are several sources of lighting with the third person view.

Interlagos is definitely confirmed ! I hope we will have real photos at Gamescom :)

I don't agree ;) Gameplay and Replay is exactly the same. If you look the replay in cokpit view or other playable view, you willn't see any difference except maybe the blur. If the replay seems to you prettier, it's because there are several sources of lighting with the third person view.
Welcome to the dark side @jm79 :lol:

knxSEFt.jpg
Brands Hatch.

"The damage" = your perception

Not really. They're by far the lowest of the franchise critically, and they essentially cemented a lot of memes about Gran Turismo like the vacuum cleaner sounds or the pathetic AI.

There is objective evidence that the Gran Turismo franchise is not as highly regarded in 2017 as it was in 2005.

I'm not saying he delivers all his visions and sure he has had to apologize his unfulfilled promises failed to deliver of various reasons, but calling him delusional liar is too much, as @PzR Slim did. It feels like some random youtube answer culture here in GTPlanet's GTS general discussion forum.
The anti-PoDi level has suddenly raised to very high here. What if we had Kaz here as a guest answering questions, would you act that way?

p.s. Please don't clip quote my post that way. It is out of context now.

If you don't want things quoted and replied to, don't say them. People can click the link to read the context if they wish, but it doesn't really change anything.

A delusional liar is somewhat overly emphatic, but it's not really inaccurate. If Kaz were here doing an interview I might not use those specific words (as they weren't mine to start with), but I'd absolutely ask him what the deal is with so many of his statements about his games (specifically, GT5 and 6) not turning out to be true. Especially now, just before the release of GTS, because it seems totally relevant how much credence we should give his statements about this game.

After having seen previews of all three big racing titles coming this Fall, I can safely say GTS is the weakest link, despite Kaz's attempts to persuade people that GTS has the most content of any GT game, ever.
It's clear to anyone with a working brain cell that that comment is blatantly false. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm sure I will enjoy elements of GTS however PC2 and Forza 7 as far as I'm concerned have it beat overall, and it's not really close.

I had an idea earlier today, and it got me thinking. What if, at some point in GT Sport's lifecycle, PD were to reintroduce the Formula Gran Turismo as a new vehicle in its own separate "Gr.F" class? With almost limitless livery options now available, do you think Formula racing could become a new avenue PD could explore?

Welcome to the dark side @jm79 :lol:

Respect brother. You took the high road I just tailgated you :)

I think everyone understands that most members aren't fanatics, so this marmite style 'love it or hate it and nothing else' attitude on here is a bit demoralizing. Thanks for proving that ain't the case.

Back on topic - I have never set rubber on Interlagos ever, so this is a genuinely exciting prospect. Nice spot @Zlork

Also, doesn't it tend to rain in the Brazilian GP? Maybe they'll combine the two for a sweet trailer at Gamescom...

ZRO
I had an idea earlier today, and it got me thinking. What if, at some point in GT Sport's lifecycle, PD were to reintroduce the Formula Gran Turismo as a new vehicle in its own separate "Gr.F" class? With almost limitless livery options now available, do you think Formula racing could become a new avenue PD could explore?

This would be amazing, even if it's one car, with multiple liveries. Even playing field and all that.

Maybe PD will add original tracks in GTS next updates?

Almost certainly, I would've thought. Silverstone would be an early contender...

Maybe PD will add original tracks in GTS future updates?

I don't think they have other option really. Unless they want people to leave GT.

Not seeing Trial Mountain, Deep Forest and Grand Valley Speedway for the first time is sad, to say the least.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how Gr.X will work? The class just has all of the VGT's thrown in. Will there be one-make races with each car or is it just a class full of cars you can't race with in events?
Also, why is the i3 in this class? Shouldn't it be in N200 or N100?

By the other hand, if we had all these old tracks, it could be argued: "Oh no... the same tracks again..." lol.

Given the fact that most tracks (real or fictional) that we've seen in previous GT games won't be included in GTSport, that reaction will happen anyway. If we see Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Grand Valley (fictional but classic GT tracks), Twin Ring, Silverstone, Ascari, Daytona, Indianapolis, Tsukuba, Fuji, Laguna Seca, Spa, Top Gear Test Track or Apricot Hill Raceway.

I think no one would mind to have the same tracks again. But of course, some people will always complain they didn't get their local track in the middle of nowhere.

GT5 was released 7 years ago, things evolve, times change, more and more players go online everyday.
Call of duty also used to be an offline single player.
As already pointed out, COD still has a campaign mode. The numbers you speak of are negligible ( more and more players going online). It is still a tiny percent of people why buy the games.

Rocket League has over 30 million players, granted a fair few downloaded it for free from PSN+, But there are nowhere near even 2 million playing online at anyone time ( overshooting with that number, probably less than 500k ). That includes PS4 and PC.

COD has millions of sales, you do not see millions in the playlists, not even close.

Kunos have said that less than 30% have ever clicked on the online portion of Assetto Corsa, and that was the PC version where you'd think it would be more multiplayer based.

There are over 20 million PSN+ accounts, that's not even half of the number of PS4s out there, and that's 20 million PSN accounts, not PS4 accounts.
Today, if a game like overwatch, which does not have a single player roll, sells 35 million copies in just over a year or game as a GTA5 (one of the biggest single player games today, as well as the best-selling one) Are getting upgrades and expansions only for the online part, because the most played part of the game; Already carrying these 2 examples you understand well that people are much more predisposed to playing online than the other way around.
Not even remotely comparable, you can jump straight into those game and play 10 or 20 minutes if you're pushed for time, online racing you can be faffing about for 20 minutes for whatever reason, happened to me many a time on every racing title ( bar Dirt Rally). The numbers don't lie, and you can see those numbers in almost every online game playlists.

Link for this or did you just make it up?
What is it you want a link for? The number of copies sold? Or the number of people online? Let me do some quick numbers for you, 10 million copies were sold, there were never millions of people online. I never saw more than 20-100 rooms online, and they weren't ever all full. Does that not sound like a tiny percentage of 10 million customers? If you have trouble believing this then I'd say it's a pretty pathetic stance just to defend a game that no longer has a career mode.
This is funny. No. I don't think you know how sales work, even more, I think you dislike the fact that GT remained a hugely successful franchise. People, fans, don't just randomly drop their money for GT for over 20 years. It may be hard for you to fathom, but GT remained relatively popular as it was well liked and enjoyed by fans. Your opinion is just that: an opinion that clearly does not reflect the objective reality of sales.

This is funny. No. I don't think you know how sales work, even more, I think you dislike the fact that GT remained a hugely successful franchise. People, fans, don't just randomly drop their money for GT for over 20 years. It may be hard for you to fathom, but GT remained relatively popular as it was well liked and enjoyed by fans. Your opinion is just that: an opinion that clearly does not reflect the objective reality of sales.

The numbers = objective reality

GT5 made me and many of my other friends become GT fans. Oh and yes PS4 definitely affected GT6 sales.
I haven't seen anyone try deny the sales figures. You seam to basing the popularity of the game on sales figures, which is fine, even if you pretending not to understand that it has no bearing on how popular GT5 was after those people bought it. It was the most criticised and bashed GT in the franchise, and not simply because it wasn't as good as the previous games.
This is my perception, based off my own experience, and numbers, I.e = objective reality.

After GT6 released, I saw about 2 people on my friends list playing it, where as with GT5 there were always 10-30 playing it at any one time none of them had moved on to PS4. Now GT6 sold far fewer than GT5, sales were slow and low, so much so that it was £20 within a month.

Many long time GT players have moved on because of how poor GT5 and 6 were. GT is no longer held in the same regard as it once was. That's damage. Your perception of damage (when it comes to GT at least) is rather rosey isn't it.

Oh and yes PS4 definitely affected GT6 sales.

I meant the youtube comments' rudeness.
It is the general discussion forum of GTS. Criticism is of course ok but the pure negativeness may be better in the whining thread?
And who determines what is negative and criticism? It seams some people just don't want truths pointed out and determine that as negative.

As already pointed out, COD still has a campaign mode. The numbers you speak of are negligible ( more and more players going online). It is still a tiny percent of people why buy the games.

Rocket League has over 30 million players, granted a fair few downloaded it for free from PSN+, But there are nowhere near even 2 million playing online at anyone time ( overshooting with that number, probably less than 500k ). That includes PS4 and PC.

COD has millions of sales, you do not see millions in the playlists, not even close.

Kunos have said that less than 30% have ever clicked on the online portion of Assetto Corsa, and that was the PC version where you'd think it would be more multiplayer based.

There are over 20 million PSN+ accounts, that's not even half of the number of PS4s out there, and that's 20 million PSN accounts, not PS4 accounts.
Not even remotely comparable, you can jump straight into those game and play 10 or 20 minutes if you're pushed for time, online racing you can be faffing about for 20 minutes for whatever reason, happened to me many a time on every racing title ( bar Dirt Rally). The numbers don't lie, and you can see those numbers in almost every online game playlists.
I think many people are not keen to play online because they are used to play offline but they can change the habits. There are lots and lots of online-only games, and that hasn't stopped people to play. In fact its been a key to the success of those games in a large part.

People will transition from offline to online if the online part is properly made. In GT5/GT6 the lobbies were aleady pretty good, in GT Sport they seem to have massively improved the non-lobby part of the online mode, that should be the key for the vast majority of GT players to go online.

Does anyone know how Gr.X will work? The class just has all of the VGT's thrown in. Will there be one-make races with each car or is it just a class full of cars you can't race with in events?
Also, why is the i3 in this class? Shouldn't it be in N200 or N100?

Probably mostly one make stuff.

This.

I was an anti-online zealot for years, then Bloodborne and DriveClub really changed my mind.
In my case it was the absolute opposite... I used to play GT4 1vs1 with some friends sometimes, and I always thought... man, if this game was online with lots of players in the same race, it would be awesome, a wet dream, because playing against the AI gets boring and predictable quickly, and its not often that you can play with friends and also its only 1vs1 and the screen gets divided which is not good.
And yes it is awesome... I'm completely addicted to it, maybe too much :D

I think many people are not keen to play online because they are used to play offline but they can change the habits. There are lots and lots of online-only games, and that hasn't stopped people to play. In fact its been a key to the success of those games in a large part.

People will transition from offline to online if the online part is properly made. In GT5/GT6 the lobbies were aleady pretty good, in GT Sport they seem to have massively improved the non-lobby part of the online mode, that should be the key for the vast majority of GT players to go online.
There is one reason that I can think of that would stop someone from transitioning to online play, on the PS4 at least. That would be the fact he online isn't free anymore. I know a lot of people, including myself, would rather not have to pay $60 a year or more in some countries to simply play online.

Back