Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
They really seem to have their answering days every friday, all 3 answers i got happend on friday.
Same here. Not really interesting answers but whatever :D
Безымянный.png

How about someone ask if online will have 32 player lobbies? That's my only burning question about the game really.

I can already tell you the answer:

"We're still working out details, but we'll have answers for you shortly."

I'm still not sure why people are putting any stock in these non-answers. I mean it as no disrespect to whomever is responding, but why does anybody expect this to be the outlet where we first learn substantial details about the game?

Wow, today they are really fast, just got another reply after a few minutes, even if they cant tell much :)

View attachment 527438

That reads almost identically to what was said prior to GT6's launch: that there wouldn't be a split between Standards and Premiums. We know what that meant in that case.

I'm still not sure why people are putting any stock in these non-answers. I mean it as no disrespect to whomever is responding, but why does anybody expect this to be the outlet where we first learn substantial details about the game?

Honestly... because it's the ONLY thing any of us are getting. Personally I'm not taking much assurance or accuracy in their answers, but I do believe there to be truths hidden somewhere within all these "non-answers"

"We're still working out details, but we'll have answers for you shortly."

Oh I fully expect a PR answer, but I'm fairly certain the question hasn't been asked so I'm just curious to see what they would say in the event that the answer is different from what is the norm.

Or not a priority at all. You're reading way too much into these stock, non-answers.
Netflix and Amazon would probably try and make it a priority. "Might consider it for GT7" is better than a no and and at least it mentions about it. Would have been easier to say something more generic.
Yes, I'm sure the PS4 can be made to support something the hardware isn't capable of supporting, by software update. In the meantime, would you like to download some RAM?

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/index.php

:)
Why is it not capable?

Have enough RAM already but thanks anyway. ;)

Honestly I think the questions are continuing to flow because people are hoping they will cock up and let something slip that they weren't supposed to. Which is pretty unfair on the FB person, but I guess that's what inevitibly happens when people are clamouring for any new information.

The fact that they answered that they would support 4k if it became available tells me you all are messaging someone who hasn't got a clue about any details of the game and is just giving rounded, evasive answers to make it appear like they are listening and they care. Anyone who truly knew about the PS4 and GTS would have simply said, 'They aint ever going to be possible on PS4.'

More PDI BS!

Netflix and Amazon would probably try and make it a priority. "Might consider it for GT7" is better than a no and and at least it mentions about it. Would have been easier to say something more generic.

For video, yes. Not for games.

"Might consider it" is just a PR answer. Even if in truth they're not considering it, you, the customer, is left happy thinking they might be. Happy customer = PR job done.

The fact that they answered that they would support 4k if it became available tells me you all are messaging someone who hasn't got a clue about any details of the game and is just giving rounded, evasive answers to make it appear like they are listening and they care. Anyone who truly knew about the PS4 and GTS would have simply said, 'They aint ever going to be possible on PS4.'

More PDI BS!

Now I don't think that's fair to say. There are plenty of ideas and suggested courses of action that get tossed around during development stages of any product for "what-if" situations. Saying whether this person is right or wrong about that particular answer has no basis whatsoever

This discussion isn't at all a waste of time just like it has always been in the past.

"Might consider it" is just a PR answer. Even if in truth they're not considering it, you, the customer, is left happy thinking they might be.
And I would have hoped that someone old enough to use the Internet without parental supervision would realize that "we might think about doing that" is even less of an answer then when you asked your mom for a toy at the grocery store and she said "maybe".

Last edited:
Why is it not capable?

At risk of rehashing some of the above thread: it's a 2.5 year old console with hardware built to an affordable spec - so you can't equate it to 2013 gaming PCs, 2016 affordable PCs, or anything in between. Devs like Frozenbyte have said they could run their (less demanding) games at 4K, but not without making compromises to framerate, looks and gameplay - which defeats the point of doing it in the first place. 4K TVs are still expensive and have had little adoption - and by the time they have, we might be ready for a new generation of consoles anyway.

It's funny how he just seemingly disappears from the subject for long stretches of time, only to bring it up and get facts thrown in his face again, repeating this cycle to infinity. Is it to in hopes to avoid the people and that they might just go somewhere else, and that he can try again in a few months and hope that he might be able to convince someone else with falsehoods?

If there where no names to this forum, It'd be hard to tell you apart from some other member that would frequent the Forza subforum.

For video, yes. Not for games.

"Might consider it" is just a PR answer. Even if in truth they're not considering it, you, the customer, is left happy thinking they might be. Happy customer = PR job done.
Think personally it is harder to enable for video than it is for games. Might need hardware update for likes of Netflix and Amazon.
At risk of rehashing some of the above thread: it's a 2.5 year old console with hardware built to an affordable spec - so you can't equate it to 2013 gaming PCs, 2016 affordable PCs, or anything in between. Devs like Frozenbyte have said they could run their (less demanding) games at 4K, but not without making compromises to framerate, looks and gameplay - which defeats the point of doing it in the first place. 4K TVs are still expensive and have had little adoption - and by the time they have, we might be ready for a new generation of consoles anyway.
So you're suggesting it is capable. ;)

Think personally it is harder to enable for video than it is for games. Might need hardware update for likes of Netflix and Amazon.
Why would it be harder to project a video at 4k? I don't understand. Not only are you going to have to project the visuals to your TV screen(which is what video is just basically doing), it will also have to render the actual game as well, wouldn't you think?

Why would it be harder to project a video at 4k? I don't understand. Not only are you going to have to project the visuals to your TV screen(which is what video is just basically doing), it will also have to render the actual game as well, wouldn't you think?
HDCP 2.2 support and HEVC decoding. Not sure if possible by software update or requires updated hardware.

HDCP 2.2 support and HEVC decoding. Not sure if possible by software update or requires updated hardware.
So, you're not sure if video can be possible with current hardware, but you think something that is actually more physically demanding to be able to do it without one?

That's a bit backwards.

Wow, today they are really fast, just got another reply after a few minutes, even if they cant tell much :)

View attachment 527438

That's dribble right there.

"...all will be of higher quality thanks to the higher PS4 computing power."

Power was never the problem with standards. The PS3 could deal with a field of 16 premiums, it had to sometimes. The limiting factor was Polyphony's willingness to spend money on remodelling the standards to a higher quality. If we get all premiums, it will be thanks to money, manpower and managerial clout.

The dude doesn't know what he's talking about, he's a marketing guy making up stuff that he thinks will keep you happy. It's apparently working.

Why is it not capable?

Show me evidence PS4 IS capable in terms of widespread, general 4k gaming that isn't

a) One developer saying his game could do 4k @ 30fps if it was enabled
b) An old PC game that doesn't look particularly great running at 4k on a "lesser" PC GPUs without actual proof.

They really seem to have their answering days every friday, all 3 answers i got happend on friday.

GT Sport to be a "Friday" car confirmed!

In all seriousness leaving aside the fact the Facebook head of communications isn't allowed to communicate anything because 'we wouldn't hear the end of it', the language in the non-answers is ultra guarded and conveys a lack of confidence.

I just wonder where the beta comes in though and why it hasn't released yet. It is a separate part of the game that needs testing before the game proper. Given the months it takes PD to say or do anything I really now can't see the game releasing this year.

GT Sport to be a "Friday" car confirmed!

In all seriousness leaving aside the fact the Facebook head of communications isn't allowed to communicate anything because 'we wouldn't hear the end of it', the language in the non-answers is ultra guarded and conveys a lack of confidence.

I just wonder where the beta comes in though and why it hasn't released yet. It is a separate part of the game that needs testing before the game proper. Given the months it takes PD to say or do anything I really now can't see the game releasing this year.

If... IF the beta is out by the end of April, I think we could see Sport release in October or November. As it is right now though I don't have my hopes set too high.

Latest Posts

Back