Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I don't think new thread is necessary for this so I'll ask here. I have a standard PS4 and play on DS4, should I get this game? I have XONE as well and Forza 7 seems like a disappointment, the game has quite a few bugs, the sounds are very much mixed bag and even to the point where some cars sounded waaay better in Forza 6 or Horizon 3. It's not the standard very polished Forza game I have expected. I don't want to start a Forza vs GT debate, especially since GT has completely different approach. I have played the beta a little bit, I didn't like the controller steering, countersteering was a bit slow I think, I don't know how it is in a final game though. Does the game play decent with a controller and still look and play good (I know it will not be Pro quality but still, I'm not very demanding when it comes to graphics, I'm more concerned about the frame rate) on old, loud PS4? The recent news about the updates (sort of GT Mode, 12 new cars some of which I like and the plans to give the game 50 free cars and new tracks before March made me interested, I especially wait for Le Mans track) as well as the fact that it just seems very polished and has decent cars sounds made me think about getting it. Is it worth it?
You really should buy it. I've never had so much fun in a racing game before. The competition is great for the most part, the livery editor is excellent and it has the best graphics around.

I just finish completing Mission Challenge. Next is Circuit Experience and then Sport Mode. It's been a week since I started playing this game.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_Mission Challenge.jpg

So every week they change the merchandise? Old stuff can't be bought until they're on the store again? Stickers/Helmets/Poses are the same of the beta..

Stickers haven’t been changed since launch to my knowledge and I personally don’t really expect them to. Helmets and poses have changed but don’t seem to have a regular pattern to them. Paint chips and wheels change every Tuesday and cars change every two Tuesday’s

And no things can’t be bought on the mileage exchange until they cycle back around.

GT Sport has two Toyota Production cars: the 86GT and GRMN.

And the Japan only S-FR, along with the racing concept.

As far as controllers are concerned, I can't comment on how they feel, but it's definitely possible to set times just as fast as wheel users can and I've seen people get into the top 10 on the leaderboards using it so from that point of view it plays better than on previous GT games.

Not really "as fast". It isn't the case since the closed beta. I could not have matched my lap times with the Top10 leaders in the full game, while I was in Top10 all the time in closed beta.

That's why I've got a T300RS :) I am not as fast as I was with a DS4, but I think I am getting there, slowly.

Last edited:
Stickers haven’t been changed since launch to my knowledge and I personally don’t really expect them to. Helmets and poses have changed but don’t seem to have a regular pattern to them. Paint chips and wheels change every Tuesday and cars change every two Tuesday’s

And no things can’t be bought on the mileage exchange until they cycle back around.
Stickers change every week, this week we got the first new one in three weeks ( the yellow tow sticker) We have 2 Kill switches, 2 fire extinguishers, and 5 Tow arrows. ( missing 3 and 4) . the kill switches and extinguishers vary from the old style designs used back then and the new styles used in modern cars. Say. I saw alot of stickers with track names ( not circuit layouts) PRIOR to the decal upload feature. How do people get those?

Well the Mileage exchange has been updated, The only worthwhile things are the Gr3 road car and some old style BBS wheels, The rest is a bit meh, None of the new paints really stand out for me and yet again only one new decal.

Well the Mileage exchange has been updated, The only worthwhile things are the Gr3 road car and some old style BBS wheels, The rest is a bit meh, None of the new paints really stand out for me and yet again only one new decal.
Most of the rims are. You just have to find the right combo.IMO BBS rims are overrated and look awful on most cars.

I have a question.

I made into the leaderboards just before the last race at the Karting event at Kyoto tonight.
I was wondering if someone got a picture of that leaderboard, because I saw it, but I forgot my standing... maybe there’s a better place for me to post this request??

Not really "as fast". It isn't the case since the closed beta. I could not have matched my lap times with the Top10 leaders in the full game, while I was in Top10 all the time in closed beta.

That's why I've got a T300RS :) I am not as fast as I was with a DS4, but I think I am getting there, slowly.

Bare in mind that there are a lot more people on the full game and that getting a top 10 is now more difficult. Quite a few of the people I would regularly see in the closed beta and now rarely in the top 10 in the full game if ever.

Bare in mind that there are a lot more people on the full game and that getting a top 10 is now more difficult. Quite a few of the people I would regularly see in the closed beta and now rarely in the top 10 in the full game if ever.
I do ;) I would not buy a wheel if I was able to compete with "aliens" with my DS4 GT limited edition :)

Speaking of Top 10s, I wish there was a leaderboard placement update for qualifying. I've only reached Rank 10 once (the highest I've been) but otherwise it feels like I've been very close but not sure if it's like Rank 20 or Rank 200. I miss time trials. :(

Me too. Especially showing the current ranking after completing a lap.

Just had someone join my lobby. He then types in the keyboard, 'Fast car = Slow driver lol' because I was in a GR.1 car practising laps while trying to get lots of milage points. So then I reply with, 'that's not how it works, I'm trying to collect lots of milage points'. Then he goes, 'You need to get yourself out more then lol'. Then leaves.

Wtf? I was about to kick him for being rude but he left. I really don't* understand some people. Strangest experience I've had in a lobby on GT Sport.

Coz you said that you wouldn't buy a wheel if you were able to compete with aliens on the DS4.
I buy a wheel regardless of my competency; I buy it for the enjoyment of it.
Just my opinion :)
I don't have a choice, because a steering wheel is very expensive! I'm not even sure how much better wheel users are compared to controller users, but in the GT5 and GT6 days there was a large difference. Heck, the controller plays brilliantly; much better than Project Cars 2.

Perhaps it’s just a coincidence, but it seems as if you get grouped with lower ranked drivers in the Daily Races if you enter the race later instead of as soon as entry opens.

Has any one else experienced like this?

Back