Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Perhaps it’s just a coincidence, but it seems as if you get grouped with lower ranked drivers in the Daily Races if you enter the race later instead of as soon as entry opens.

Has any one else experienced like this?
Can't say that this is true or false. But at least in my experience, it's pretty much random.

Though i've only raced in ~30 daily races so far.

Perhaps it’s just a coincidence, but it seems as if you get grouped with lower ranked drivers in the Daily Races if you enter the race later instead of as soon as entry opens.

Has any one else experienced like this?

No it's just a new bug I guess, never saw much of this before the last update and now I've had a few races where I've been matched up strangely. Yesterday I was put in a race with mostly C and D level drivers with like 1 or 2 A or B drivers. I am a S (that's generous, I'm not that good), I was 10+ seconds a lap faster than some of them in that race, hardly fair on them.

How do you get rid of the racing number when you go to scapes? They slap one on just about every car even when you didn't apply it.

The only way to do this is to have a car with no number i.e. a road car or a user created livery without a racing number.

The only time the game 'slaps on' a racing number is in Sport Mode

The only way to do this is to have a car with no number i.e. a road car or a user created livery without a racing number.

The only time the game 'slaps on' a racing number is in Sport Mode

The problem is the sport mode number now stays on your car, even overwriting your previous number (if you had one) after the race.

I guess the only way to remove it is to create a new/reapply a livery before taking a photo.

The problem is the sport mode number now stays on your car, even overwriting your previous number (if you had one) after the race.

I guess the only way to remove it is to create a new/reapply a livery before taking a photo.
Really!? I haven't played Sport mode since the last update. Guess i'm going to have to save a second version of some of my liveries for Scapes now then! (If they don't have a number)

Really!? I haven't played Sport mode since the last update. Guess i'm going to have to save a second version of some of my liveries for Scapes now then! (If they don't have a number)

It's overwriting my custom numbers for sure, not sure if it stays on cars that had no number previously but it may. It may not happen every time either or it's a recent issue, maybe both as I have some cars still showing the correct number that I must have used but others have changed, sometimes more than once.

No it's just a new bug I guess, never saw much of this before the last update and now I've had a few races where I've been matched up strangely. Yesterday I was put in a race with mostly C and D level drivers with like 1 or 2 A or B drivers. I am a S (that's generous, I'm not that good), I was 10+ seconds a lap faster than some of them in that race, hardly fair on them.
This isn't necessarily a bug. It could just be that participation numbers are so low, there aren't enough drivers close to you in rating to get a lobby full.

This isn't necessarily a bug. It could just be that participation numbers are so low, there aren't enough drivers close to you in rating to get a lobby full.

I'm sure it's a bug, that was a decent time of day when there should definitely be enough players. Normally the lowest driver I come across is B rated. Except for these odd occasions (which had not happened since the first few weeks after release until very recently), where most of the room is C/D driver rating and then there is me and a couple of other decent drivers, this isn't a drop in one level either, it's a massive one.

I'm sure it's a bug, that was a decent time of day when there should definitely be enough players. Normally the lowest driver I come across is B rated. Except for these odd occasions (which had not happened since the first few weeks after release until very recently), where most of the room is C/D driver rating and then there is me and a couple of other decent drivers, this isn't a drop in one level either, it's a massive one.

A couple of times, after I'd had two or three 'disaster' races in a row, it seemed to take pity on me and put me as the rabbit in an easy room... no idea if it was coincidence or just my SR falling a bit (although still S).

Well it is PD, and they do like rabbits :D

Most of my races at B tend to include at least one, usually S, rabbit, while the number of C/D tortoises varies quite a lot.

Anyone got spare one day trial code for ps plus? Just wanted to test how online works. I wanted to play from my own ID that's why i need code.
Thanks.

I guess it's another clue that Barcelona will be part of a future update. Though, the most import news is the 24 hours race. They know it would be ridiculous to play a 24 hours without dynamic TOD? :)

http://soymotor.com/noticias/montmelo-y-gran-turismo-planean-una-carrera-de-24-horas-para-2018-943554

Google Translate:
Montmeló and Gran Turismo plan a 24-hour race for 2018
"This initiative is sponsored by the Gran Turismo videogame saga, whose director Kazunori Yamauchi visited the Montmeló facilities in October of this year.
The race will be held in parallel to the 24 hours of Barcelona of motorsports, between September 8 and 9 . The real test and the virtual test will start and end at the same time."

I guess it's another clue that Barcelona will be part of a future update. Though, the most import news is the 24 hours race. They know it would be ridiculous to play a 24 hours without dynamic TOD? :)
http://soymotor.com/noticias/montme...nean-una-carrera-de-24-horas-para-2018-943554
http://soymotor.com/noticias/montme...nean-una-carrera-de-24-horas-para-2018-943554

Google Translate:
Montmeló and Gran Turismo plan a 24-hour race for 2018
"This initiative is sponsored by the Gran Turismo videogame saga, whose director Kazunori Yamauchi visited the Montmeló facilities in October of this year.
The race will be held in parallel to the 24 hours of Barcelona of motorsports, between September 8 and 9 . The real test and the virtual test will start and end at the same time."
Would be a great addition because the track hasn't appeared in any previous games.

Does anyone know any good Gr. 3 cars that aren't very tail-happy? I don't want to use TCS 2 when I drive Gr.3 cars because it makes me really slow compared to drivers who don't use it. People have recommended the Z4 but I thought I'd get some input from you guys.

911 RSR because the first few gears are a bit longer. You can use 1st for many slow speed turns but stay in 2nd and you still have enough RPMs to keep a good momentum up to 3rd.

PlayStation® 4 dedicated software Gran Turismo SPORT Nissan original edition "Present! Nissan Special Edition Bonus Features ① Original Jacket ② Original PC Wallpaper ③ GT - R Download Code GT - R NISMO designed as a special package of the Nissan original edition is included in "Gran Turismo SPORT" as of December 1, 2017 not here. GT - R NISMO will be recorded in the future. Gran Turismo Sport: TM & © 2017 Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. Developed by Polyphony Digital Inc. "PlayStation 'is registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. Further in lottery

This is a direct Google translation. But it appears that the nismo GT-R is coming to GTS. It seems that a special Nissan edition/bundle is releasing as well because there's something about a jacket and PC wallpaper.

Its just the low atendecy that causes that. Only 15% of people play Sports mode and even less play it reguraly so on late or strange hours there is just to little players online for evenly matched fields.

PlayStation® 4 dedicated software Gran Turismo SPORT Nissan original edition "Present! Nissan Special Edition Bonus Features ① Original Jacket ② Original PC Wallpaper ③ GT - R Download Code GT - R NISMO designed as a special package of the Nissan original edition is included in "Gran Turismo SPORT" as of December 1, 2017 not here. GT - R NISMO will be recorded in the future. Gran Turismo Sport: TM & © 2017 Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. Developed by Polyphony Digital Inc. "PlayStation 'is registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. Further in lottery

This is a direct Google translation. But it appears that the nismo GT-R is coming to GTS. It seems that a special Nissan edition/bundle is releasing as well because there's something about a jacket and PC wallpaper.
For 20th Anniversary(Japanese) release?

Its just the low atendecy that causes that. Only 15% of people play Sports mode and even less play it reguraly so on late or strange hours there is just to little players online for evenly matched fields.

No it's not, most times I get normal grids, then sometimes this happens, the race before and after are fine. It's not like I was playing at midnight or something silly either when it happened. If it was because of lack of players I'd expect to end in a room with a number of B drivers or a wide spread of ratings instead of the usual S and As, the room I got was more than half full of D drivers, the guy who finished in 6th was 30 seconds behind at the end, it was only a 4 lap race, most of the grid never actually got to the line before the timer ran out.

Does anyone know how big a difference TCS 0 and TCS 2 makes? Because I'm having a really hard time working with Gr. 3 cars with TCS set to 0

I can do fine with GR.4 cars where the TCS is set to 0 but Gr 3 cars destroy me. I'm using a DS4 btw

This is a far more plausible explanation than an algorithm failing for a single race, that supposedly works the rest of the time. Algorithms don't suddenly fail, that's not how it works.

It's nothing to do with how many people are online. Strange things happen when you continuously race out of your normal position or quit races. @ASH32 is right as I've recreated this twice in peak hours after my friend brought it up. If it happens, you need to race your normal race to get back in the normal pool, so to speak.

Back