Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Before the thread veers too far off into doomsday scenarios of "2017 or 2018", can I just requote a couple great Facebook Friday answers? I really think that something will happen very "soon" once PD has finalized some of the legality issues that are almost certainly in the way of showing trailers and/or any info on what exactly GT Sport will be.

These are great posts verifying that the game or the beta is awefully close to completion (I also think they may have changed their mind on going the beta route all together):

Vague question I know, but they got back to me with this... so I guess that's moving in the right direction :)

View attachment 524315

Hi, can i have some news from the developments of the future gt titles ? When the gt academy will start and what platform it will be released?
16:25

Hi Roberto, unfortunately I don't have any details I can share at the moment, development is proceeding well and we're working on the details of all our initiatives. For GT Academy, I would suggest to refer to its official Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/GTAcademy

All the most recent information will be published there. Emoticon smile
GT Academy
DRIVERS WANTED…RACING DRIVERS! We take the best Gran Turismo gamers and give them the chance to become professional racing drivers as NISMO Athletes.

Fine della conversazione in chat
And that was my turn of "asking to GT Crew".
P.S. i had sent it yesterday morning.

125117lng9ml9m7z53vbzm.png

跟使用正體中文的朋友說一下,這里的“China”是心情急切之下無意識的習慣用詞,本人并無政治企圖。對于長期大中華地區民眾之間由于種種原因造成的分歧,小生表示感知和充分理解。

Wow, today they are really fast, just got another reply after a few minutes, even if they cant tell much :)

View attachment 527438

View attachment 527396
Well, here's at least the Google Translator version.

Edit: "Fingers crossed" sounds good to me!

Before the thread veers too far off into doomsday scenarios of "2017 or 2018", can I just requote a couple great Facebook Friday answers? I really think that something will happen very "soon" once PD has finalized some of the legality issues that are almost certainly in the way of showing trailers and/or any info on what exactly GT Sport will be.

These are great posts verifying that the game or the beta is awefully close to completion (I also think they may have changed their mind on going the beta route all together):

This is true... Sometimes we just need a reminder of the good things that have happened too. :cheers:

This is true... Sometimes we just need a reminder of the good things that have happened too. :cheers:

Yes! There were other good one's but scanning through dozens of pages is not fun. There's obviously be a bunch of great answers that haven't made it to GTPlanet, those would be interesting too. I don't really understand why some people say these are generic non-answers, I thought they were actually constructed decently, clearly nobody is going to actually reveal details over Facebook.. they're alive and well is all that matters. 👍

Yes! There were other good one's but scanning through dozens of pages is not fun. There's obviously be a bunch of great answers that haven't made it to GTPlanet, those would be interesting too. I don't really understand why some people say these are generic non-answers, I thought they were actually constructed decently, clearly nobody is going to actually reveal details over Facebook.. they're alive and well is all that matters. 👍

I agree... I sort of dropped out of this thread briefly during that whole thing because tbh they weren't making much sense. The facebook person, is obviously associated with the project in some way, and the way some of those answers were structured definitely left me optimistic and hopeful. And as you said, they aren't going to 100% confirm anything to any of us over a private message.

When you're a GT addict, just having someone to talk to, even if they don't have anything useful to say, is comforting :lol:

Forget the FB page, the person needs to set up a helpline for us.......... :D

Last edited:
"Fingers Crossed" to me = I really don't know, but I hope so too.

Not to optimistic about that response tbh

And there is no reason to be optimistic. They're still not sure, so we can have another month of waiting, and chances are really high.

J

Jeez i forgot were waiting on the beta and not the full Gtsport game.
lol, that's how bad it has got. The debate around a bloody demo for GT is more intense than that for the release of any other full game. Absolute jokers they are!

Pure PR marketing genius there. Give nothing away, make it sound exciting and keep people's hopes/interest up.

The most bizarre thing is the responses are via private messages. Does any other developer "answer" questions the same way?

I don't see the point in PD having a public Facebook page where most of the direct interaction with the fans is done in secret.

Pure conjecture.

Well good thing I tossed an "almost" into the mix. It is of course entirely possible the entire game is in disasterous state and that PD is perplexed and scratching their head and rewriting everything on the 3 year old blank canvas. The Facebook messages speak against that, and I'll be the sucker and believe them. Sorry, I like to approach everything even keeled until there's hard evidence not to, and silence is not evidence, rather a decision PD has made to avoid repercussions. The internet will dissect anything and rearrange it in false ways.

This quote (to ron86) in particular sums up why there is no real info at the current moment:

"imagine if I give some info as certain and then due to a last minute unforseeable accident we have to change the specifications: I would never hear the end of it!"

I know this is the video game industry and not secret military weapon design, if they are answering these via Facebook it is a little difficult to grasp why they would not make a public announcement somewhere. It's a tough 'rational sense' nut to crack, but let's be honest, PD is an incredibly profeesional studio and whatever comes will be of highest excellence.

Last edited:
The most bizarre thing is the responses are via private messages. Does any other developer "answer" questions the same way?

I don't see the point in PD having a public Facebook page where most of the direct interaction with the fans is done in secret.
From what I've learned over the years, developers are very open on sites like FB, Tweeter etc. and socialize with ALL fans, not just per person through private messaging. Even Square Enix is on a roll and they'll be showing somethin' about FFXV today and tomorrow from what my little bro has told me.

Again, it's never through private messages, so whoever is doing behind that keyboard on FB really has nothing else to do but mess with GT fans.

I don't get it. Why would they mess with GT fans? For a guy like me who rarely browse GTplanet and literally knows nothing about the game, I find their answers very helpful.

We only see the answers because users here screenshot and post them. I don't do Facebook so all I have to go on is what is posted on the public page. There are very few answers that I can see.

Well good thing I tossed an "almost" into the mix. It is of course entirely possible the entire game is in disasterous state and that PD is perplexed and scratching their head and rewriting everything on the 3 year old blank canvas. The Facebook messages speak against that, and I'll be the sucker and believe them. Sorry, I like to approach everything even keeled until there's hard evidence not to, and silence is not evidence, rather a decision PD has made to avoid repercussions. The internet will dissect anything and rearrange it in false ways.
Except that is not even keeled, you're leaning to one side. You have no proof to show that they are in troubled water, nor do you have any to show they are on track.

I don't get it. Why would they mess with GT fans? For a guy like me who rarely browse GTplanet and literally knows nothing about the game, I find their answers very helpful.
Because for one PD has never announced having someone to communicate with the fanbase, so having one without us actually knowing there was going to be one in the first place is rather...odd especially for a developer like PD.

"Fingers crossed!" ?

💡

Ok everyone let's cross our fingers, throw some salt behind our shoulders, try to see a shooting star (but shh don't tell anyone your wish!), let a cat into your home, putt your clothes wrong way round, find a four leaf clover, find a grasshopper, find a cow, find a ladybird, see a rainbow in a sunny day and clench your butt-chicks for good measure and THEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

delayed.jpg

:cheers:

Anyway - they/he/she said something similar before - guess it was for "any news in March ?" with them replying "let's hope so".

Except that is not even keeled, you're leaning to one side. You have no proof to show that they are in troubled water, nor do you have any to show they are on track.

True, but the very fact that these Facebook messages have been sent out seems positive. The messages didn't have to happen, especially if they were treading through rough seas. However I could imagine it hasn't been clear sailing, I bet they restuctured mass amounts of code a few times. We all remember the infamous statement from Kaz that we woudn't have to wait 3 years for the next GT again... now this time it's hard to know if it's complications with the overall development of all new sounds, physics, online, livery editor, a.i. etc.., which could/should be almost completely new, OR how early the talks with FiA started (clearly being an oppertunity Sony/PD would not just throw away) which then of course changed the entire game plan at PD. We may been playing GT7 right now if it wasn't for that.

GTS in VR only on PS4K

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202462

(user verified by neogaf mods)

But... he posted this:

"For the PSVR

Eve Valkyrie
Robinson
GT Sport

For the PS4K

Deep Down (Thought this was dead)
GOW4 (This was the exact abbreviation on the sheet I can only assume its god of war 4)"

... and:

"It was also stated that these games will in fact work for the PS4 but with considerable sacrifices made to performance"

Not sure regular PS4 performance can now be considered a "considerable sacrifice". It's simply regular PS4 performance, totally to be expected..

This part is definitely worrying me...

"...that they are making games that will directly target and take advantage of the higher specs of the PS4K. It was also stated that these games will in fact work for the PS4 but with considerable sacrifices made to performance."

If it'll be 100% real, then 🤬 off, Sony. I won't give you 500€ just to make my future owned games run smoother. 👎

Last edited:
Back