Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I think I may have binned the rare Audi ><

I occasionally go through and remove duplicate cars obtained on the daily roulette. I was sure I had several Gr.1 Audis but checking last night I only had the two Team Joust ones from Brand Central.

..why would you do that?

I do the same thing, barring a few cars. I don't see much reason to have multiples of cars, especially ones that I use primarily for Sport Mode. Just more to scroll through.

I'm more likely to get multiple road cars (especially cheap ones :P) for tuning/photo mode purposes.

It's just a rumor from an unknown person but still, I hope he's wrong.

Too be fair, "working on" doesn't exactly mean physically working on making the game. "Working on" can mean anything from brainstorming what content should be in the game to deciding how the bushes on the side of the track should shake.
Of course there is the option that it is just a rumor.

Yeah this. Its almost no doubt that as soon as GT Sport hit the 6 month mark or whatever and it was well underway with a 18-24 month plan, they would have had team meets to at least come out with a framework for the next GT title.

Also think of the long gestations PD has. It is kind of poor that the ps4 will most likely only see GT Sport. A single PD title for this gen. Its not expected.

Too be fair, "working on" doesn't exactly mean physically working on making the game. "Working on" can mean anything from brainstorming what content should be in the game to deciding how the bushes on the side of the track should shake.
Of course there is the option that it is just a rumor.
They started working on the next title the moment GTS was released. At least the rumour says PS5. I see no point on trying to put it on PS4.

Yeah this. Its almost no doubt that as soon as GT Sport hit the 6 month mark or whatever and it was well underway with a 18-24 month plan, they would have had team meets to at least come out with a framework for the next GT title.

Also think of the long gestations PD has. It is kind of poor that the ps4 will most likely only see GT Sport. A single PD title for this gen. Its not expected.

PD is going for the Rockstar Games strategy,only one game this gen and Rockstar also starts working on their next game as soon as one releases.Both studios share similarities like keeping lots of things close to their chest and not interacting too much with the community.

About the rumor i suspect there is some miscomunnication with the leaker,maybe he saw the schedule for the next GT World Tour event and thought it was the name for a new game.If GT World Tour is indeed the title of the next GT what could it mean?The name implies some kind of open world but a world tour means more than one map.

About the rumor i suspect there is some miscomunnication with the leaker,maybe he saw the schedule for the next GT World Tour event and thought it was the name for a new game. If GT World Tour is indeed the title of the next GT what could it mean?The name implies some kind of open world but a world tour means more than one map.

It sounds like GT5's Grand Tour mode but focusing on more than one region. I was thinking Sony may be looking to have a PS-exclusive Forza Horizon competitor and is getting PD to handle the 'for fun' racing game role now that Evolution Studios is gone. I believe PD will try an attempt to compete with FH but I have no idea how it would look like.

I think Sony would be the right fit for Genki to sell or their Battle series IPs, provided they've 100% realised they cannot sustain being both dev and publisher anymore. Their games have similar deliverable goals like diverse cars and grounded physics. A past interview when the SBX mobile game was still alive revealed that Genki was approached by third-party publishers interested in buying their famous IPs. They were only turned down because Genki couldn't let their famous beloved IP go and promised to do one more Shutoko Battle game.

My brother and I were speaking about the next GT game just last night.

He is a huge GT fan but is a bit disappointed with the current game and it's lack of cars and the lack of long term challenge and longer
events and would like to see the next GT be something similar to what Gran Turismo 4 was.

To an extent I agree with him in that the current game is a bit "meh" for the offline player once you have completed the challenges
and career events as if you're not an offline racer there isn't much to come back to.

If it is a world tour Gran Turismo then I hope it will feature a lot of the world circuit's that have been included in previous games and have
a bit more interest for offline gamers and more cars.

My answer to my brother's question is I think there will be another GT for PS4 as per previous consoles and that it will be once all the
test/car modelling work is done for the current game and they release the content of GT Sport plus some historic GT tracks and content
and hopefully introduce dynamic weather/real time day/night racing back again.

They started working on the next title the moment GTS was released. At least the rumour says PS5. I see no point on trying to put it on PS4.

That's funny. A very similar thing was said about GT6 when it wasn't released for the brand new already out PS4...

PS4 development is being wrapped up right now. The only 1st Party AAA projects you’ll see on PS4 are those already announced. All of those will be cross-gen too. Sony hasn’t announced any new AAA projects since Ghost’s of Tsushima at Paris Games Week in October 2017. And with no Paris or PSX showing this year it’s clear focus is shifting towards PS5’s reveal and launch.

PS5 launching in 2019 now seems increasingly unlikely. Though still possible if Sony treat it like PS4 Pro’s launch. More likely is a tease, even full reveal, at E3 2019, then more details at PSX later that year.

About the rumor i suspect there is some miscomunnication with the leaker,maybe he saw the schedule for the next GT World Tour event and thought it was the name for a new game.If GT World Tour is indeed the title of the next GT what could it mean?The name implies some kind of open world but a world tour means more than one map.
The leaker has built his name on leaks and (from what I’ve read) seems to have a decent reputation. His channel is currently heavily focused on PS5.

As for the name. I doubt PD want to go back to numbered iterations. World Tour gives them scope to continue GT Sport’s online and e-sport’s focus. But to also expand single-player modes. Who knows maybe GT World Tour would finally embrace the all-encompassing ‘Games as a Service’ model.

Last edited:
Consider: Gran Turismo 7, Gran Turismo Sport 2

Something with all the Skyline copies they want and legitimate single player content, then an extension of the Sport concept more focused on online and competitive.

As for the name. I doubt PD want to go back to numbered iterations. World Tour gives them scope to continue GT Sport’s online and e-sport’s focus. But to also expand single-player modes. Who knows maybe GT World Tour would finally embrace the all-encompassing ‘Games as a Service’ model.

My guess is that next GT will be closer to the original style of the franchise,Kaz already confirmed he's working on the next GT and it's not a GTSport 2 implying that it might not be a online only game,what we know right now for the next GT is that we have the Gran Turismo 6 cars being updated for GTSport(and the future),plus the recent news that PD is finally outsorcing car modelling production which means faster dev times and a bigger car list

Next GT won't be scarce on the content side,PD had to start from zero with GT Sport(they did the same thing with Gran Turismo 3)
Consider: Gran Turismo 7, Gran Turismo Sport 2

Something with all the Skyline copies they want and legitimate single player content, then an extension of the Sport concept more focused on online and competitive.

That's what i think they will do,traditional GT game with multiplayer mode basically being a GT Sport 2.0

He pretends to have more news to share very news. Let's see. I don't if true but I'm convinced the next GT will be on PS5. Maybe "World Tour" because it could be more than a classic GT with more classes or even bikes. (Pikes Peak, Isle of Man...)

PD is going for the Rockstar Games strategy,only one game this gen and Rockstar also starts working on their next game as soon as one releases.Both studios share similarities like keeping lots of things close to their chest and not interacting too much with the community.

Rockstar is in a league of its own. This studio rules the market. I don't think any studio can't be compare to Rockstar.

That tour of Italy in GT5 seemed like a Millie Miglia. Would be nice to see it manifest into something more realistic. Like driving to destinations.

Rockstar is in a league of its own. This studio rules the market. I don't think any studio can't be compare to Rockstar.

I'm saying they have some similarities for example the way they interact with the community.I'm not comparing everything from Rockstar with PD that wouldn't make any sense.

That tour of Italy in GT5 seemed like a Millie Miglia. Would be nice to see it manifest into something more realistic. Like driving to destinations.
The World Tour title makes me think of a game with lots of hub areas that represent each country.

Latest Posts

Back