Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I’d assume we’re getting some Hamilton/Merc related challenges and such.

Also Hamilton and Heuer are in brand central and I feel like both would have some interesting ideas on what a road car should be like, maybe as a VGT.

I feel like both of these 'brands' are a waste with no actual cars there.

There should be a Hamilton car along the lines of the Fittipaldi. And I suppose a Heuer car since there is (was) a Nike car.

How do I setup my PSID to a kudoprime account, everytime I sign up it never sends me the confirmation email so I did it through my google account, really want to see my stats and how close I am to A+

Edit: nevermind, I realised I need to search for myself, how many points is A+? I'm currently on 42,000

This game needs a huge update to give it a spark. I'm usually always on gran turismo games but this is the first gran turismo game to where I been on and off with it. The only thing i really enjoy on the game is the fantastic livery editor. That's it. Sport mode is cool at times but it's only three races and now it's weekly instead of daily races. This game needs a spec 2.0 update or something. Introduce multi class racing into the game, release tracks in bunches instead of a single track in a update, more wheel options because currently it's only like 3 things you can mess with, and adding wet weather into the game. Its a lot more I can name that the game needs to be added but damn this game needs a huge update to give it new life. Just imagine doing multi class racing in sport mode at Daytona road course or Sebring if they were to add those tracks.

How many points is A+? I'm currently on 42,000
You're 8K points away from A+! I've recently upgraded my rating to A+/51539 through my 20th Sport Mode win. Now I'm rated A+/51900 but my SR got a hit from 99 to 94 after kicking the rear end of my Z4 as I pass an RSR in my last race at Yamagiwa II.

This game needs a huge update to give it a spark. I'm usually always on gran turismo games but this is the first gran turismo game to where I been on and off with it. The only thing i really enjoy on the game is the fantastic livery editor. That's it. Sport mode is cool at times but it's only three races and now it's weekly instead of daily races. This game needs a spec 2.0 update or something. Introduce multi class racing into the game, release tracks in bunches instead of a single track in a update, more wheel options because currently it's only like 3 things you can mess with, and adding wet weather into the game. Its a lot more I can name that the game needs to be added but damn this game needs a huge update to give it new life. Just imagine doing multi class racing in sport mode at Daytona road course or Sebring if they were to add those tracks.

Part of me thinks they will introduce wet weather into the game, why are there inters and wets on the game? You can also you your wipers, seen that recently. I do like the game but I only really do FIA races now, everyone drives like a dick in daily races and I can't afford to lose rating points in those. When the game first came out I was just doing custom races but they're kinda of stupid, AI don't pit for tyres unless they really have to and it's the same grid order all the time. Need options like multi class racing, more cars and the ability to choose the cars you race against to make those better.

As for daily races I think they should be longer, would love to see iRacing length races

You're 8K points away from A+! I've recently upgraded my rating to A+/51539 through my 20th Sport Mode win. Now I'm rated A+/51900 but my SR got a hit from 99 to 94 after kicking the rear end of my Z4 as I pass an RSR in my last race at Yamagiwa II.

Thanks. It's kinda stupid that you could be on 99 for ages like I've been and one race you get into a bit of argy bargy and it takes a massive hit, I have't quit a race in ages simply because it will destroy it so much.

Also Hamilton and Heuer are in brand central and I feel like both would have some interesting ideas on what a road car should be like, maybe as a VGT.

I feel like both of these 'brands' are a waste with no actual cars there.

There should be a Hamilton car along the lines of the Fittipaldi. And I suppose a Heuer car since there is (was) a Nike car.
Well Hamilton is apparently very heavily influencing the AMG Project One so if it comes to GT Sport it may end up in there.

More likely in Mercedes though, but this is PD *cough - classic mini in BMW - cough*

So it's just about a year since release this week, everybody knows that of course but I was made doubly aware of it because my PSN subscription is expiring tomorrow.

I wonder if they considered people like me, who only subscribed for GTS, when planning the next update? There is a more tangible reason to do a nice update if they have to tempt back all the subscriptions.

Anyway I think I'm going to let it expire - it's unfortunate that the date fell on a week where I'm not enjoying the sport mode selection. I'm going to shift my focus over to VR mode instead of online racing.

Quick photoshop of the Red Bull Junior with the Jaguar xjr-9 wheels to show how beautiful it looks with open front wheels. I think it would also look beautiful on stock rims. PD could come up with new edition of the Red Bull Junior without front wheel cover, or an option to remove it in the Racing Item section in the livery editor.

Any possibility this will happen? :)

Last edited:
Quick photoshop of the Red Bull Junior with the Jaguar xjr-9 wheels to show how beautiful it looks with open front wheels. I think it would also look beautiful on stock rims. PD could come up with new edition of the Red Bull Junior without front wheel cover, or an option to remove it in the Racing Item section in the livery editor.

Any possibility this will happen? :)

Just call it the X2018 Junior.

CONFIRMED: Maserati GranTurismo S '08

26080CE1-254C-47E7-A2FD-917F6BE8C39A.png

That's the 2008 model right? I welcome it... I have fond memories of using a 1,450kg level 3 weight reduction version in the popular 500pp class.

However one would think Maserati would like a current model?

Did Maserati pull that car out? I mean does Maserati want the GTS to be in the game?

I think it's safe to assume that PD made the decision to bring the car back from previous games, and then it was most likely a formality to agree with Maserati on a license renewal.

Watching races at Goodwood makes me think PD needs to add some historic class, like muscle cars or the like. The game doesn't need more Group 4 or Group 3 cars.

Last edited:
Back