Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I wonder how accurate this page is? It claims Canada is 4th in the #of Daily players. Seems unlikely.

https://playercounter.com/gran-turismo-sport/
It would be interesting so see a graph over time. My first thought is that more and more faster players may be migrating to the true sim titles, which might explain why some of the bigger European countries with passionate motorsport fans have a lower player count in GTS. Just a thought.

My first thought was incomplete data. I'd like to see the full list.

It's hard to believe there are more Daily players in Canada than Brazil, Spain.... Luxembourg.

Canada, like the US tends to be more PC/Xbox than console so I believe people here would switch even quicker or start on PC/Xbox relative to other countries.

Some people do. They are called blind spot monitors. That's pretty much the function of the radar. 😆
i understand blind spot monitors but i want the exact thing like GT Sport , top down with view of all aound

Last edited:
i understand blind spot monitors but i want the exact thing like GT Sport , top down with view of all aound

2019-Hyundai-Tucson-safety.jpg

Can have the top down radar & the rear view camera like GT3/Gr. 3 cars. 😄

Has anyone found a 100% successful way of transferring GT Sport to PS5? I’ve tried multiple methods, including the guide on here, and it’s still missing Scapes, Replays, and Race Photos in My Library.

Liveries and camping progress are all intact.

My GT Sport is a digital copy.

I’ve tried

• Copy i save by PS5 Data Tranfer, then get the game from the store library to re-download
  • Download save from PS+ Cloud, then download game from store library

Any advice please?

I had the steelbook day 1 disc GT Sport and used it on my PS4 Pro. I now have a PS5 but don't have the disc, so I need to buy another copy. I know this topic has been covered multiple times but I have been out of loop for nearly a year and was wondering if anyone could help me on the best way to pick up on my PS5 where I left off one year ago on my PS4 Pro with the disc. I have already done the data transfer between the Pro and the 5. I don't really care if I lose the photos I have taken and things like that, but I do want to keep my liveries.

1. I assume buying another disc, whether the regular version or the greatest hits version would allow me to just get back to GTS on the PS5 as if nothing had ever happened?
  2. What if I bought the digital base version? Would my account still be linked even though I started on disc?
  3. What if I bought the Spec 2.0 digital version that is on sale now? Would my account still be linked even though I started on disc? Would the bonuses in this version conflict with what I already have?
I am only missing one trophy for platinum so I have put many hours into the game. I was just hoping to decide on the path of least resistance for going forward from (lost) PS4 Pro disc --> New PS5 without any copy of the game to my name yet. If there is already a thread on this I would be happy to read it.

Thanks!

[EDIT] I bought the digital Spec II. Works perfectly.

Last edited:
I know this is probably beating the dead moose (or whatever animal you prefer) but is there any possibility that PD will ever add tracks anymore in their updates of GT Sport? I would love to have that very long track they had in GT6 and the passing challenges associated with that track.

I know this is probably beating the dead moose (or whatever animal you prefer) but is there any possibility that PD will ever add tracks anymore in their updates of GT Sport? I would love to have that very long track they had in GT6 and the passing challenges associated with that track.
Possibility? Sure.

Will they? Probably not.

I suspect any tracks we don't have now will be a GT7 thing. (We already know of 2)
The only new things GTS will get are cars. But you never know.

The chances of Sierra Andalusia turning up in GT Sport or GT7 is about nil.

I dont even know why such a track exists in GT6.

Passing challenge - TIME EXTENDED!!111!!!
I read Circuito de la Sierra (which I am under the impression you are talking about) was in GT6 so why wouldn't it be in GT7? It is a 15-16 mile track so it would rival Nürburgring Nordschleife for fun and length.

It's the 50th anniversary of the "Red Pig" 300 SEL 6.8 AMG '71 winning at Spa, and I'd forgotten that I'd bought it some time ago. I'd never even driven it yet.

So I took it for a spin at the Nurburgring... oh boy, there is no more sure-footed car to hot lap at the 'Ring, than that car.

It's as consistent and forgiving as any car I've driven. Glued to the track. Rewards a 'classic' or traditional racing line approach to every turn, with just simple and undramatic speed. There is no easier way to get around that track in 7 and a half minutes, than to throw on a set of medium race tires and cruise around, working on your lines, and maintaining a rhythm. I actually think it made me drive better in the FIA race this week, because I was focused on the right lines and throttle control on exit, after some hot laps in the Red Pig. Highly recommend it.

6998602688097190400_11.jpg

I read Circuito de la Sierra (which I am under the impression you are talking about) was in GT6 so why wouldn't it be in GT7? It is a 15-16 mile track so it would rival Nürburgring Nordschleife for fun and length.
Nurburgring exists as a track that is a mainstay in most of these games inc. Forza.

Whether it serves as a good "Sport" use track is another thing.

I think Sierra serves little purpose in that "Sport" setting.

People arent clamouring for it unlike say the typical PD classics.

It's the 50th anniversary of the "Red Pig" 300 SEL 6.8 AMG '71 winning at Spa, and I'd forgotten that I'd bought it some time ago. I'd never even driven it yet.

So I took it for a spin at the Nurburgring... oh boy, there is no more sure-footed car to hot lap at the 'Ring, than that car.

It's as consistent and forgiving as any car I've driven. Glued to the track. Rewards a 'classic' or traditional racing line approach to every turn, with just simple and undramatic speed. There is no easier way to get around that track in 7 and a half minutes, than to throw on a set of medium race tires and cruise around, working on your lines, and maintaining a rhythm. I actually think it made me drive better in the FIA race this week, because I was focused on the right lines and throttle control on exit, after some hot laps in the Red Pig. Highly recommend it.

View attachment 1070388
Mercedes are running a special livery on one of their cars for the Spa 24 Hours this weekend to commemorate said anniversary

Mercedes are running a special livery on one of their cars for the Spa 24 Hours this weekend to commemorate said anniversary

Reminds me of the Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3 that raced in the Blancpain endurance series roughly ten years ago.

The gtpnews article about F7 closing up shop is interesting. Wonder if DLC in GTs will disappear. The car list is a bit of a concern. of course, I don't have an idea of how any of the licencing works at the end of this particular game. Would be a shock to see cars and tracks not accessible, after having paid for certain DLC elements.
The fantasy cars and tracks would to remain.

The gtpnews article about F7 closing up shop is interesting. Wonder if DLC in GTs will disappear. The car list is a bit of a concern. of course, I don't have an idea of how any of the licencing works at the end of this particular game. Would be a shock to see cars and tracks not accessible, after having paid for certain DLC elements.
The fantasy cars and tracks would to remain.
Interestingly, PD has tended to shut down servers not too long after the release of their latest game. If history is anything to go by, expect GT Sport Servers to still be around until GT7 is released (Maybe within the first month or so).

Meanwhile, time for me to pointlessly enter multiple contests to win a PS5. Surely I'll win...eventually...

Last edited:
Interestingly, PD has tended to shut down servers not too long after the release of their latest game. If history is anything to go by, expect GT Sport Servers to still be around until GT7 is released (Maybe within the first month or so).

Meanwhile, time for me to pointlessly enter multiple contests to win a PS5. Surely I'll win...eventually...
Good luck with the PS5.

I can not recall about past games after the new games came out. I pretty such sell the old game or bin it.
Have any cars and/or tracks not been accessible, when the servers were turned off? I, seriously, would like to know.

Good luck with the PS5.

I can not recall about past games after the new games came out. I pretty such sell the old game or bin it.
Have any cars and/or tracks not been accessible, when the servers were turned off? I, seriously, would like to know.
All the paid DLC in previous games has been available after the servers have shut down, which from memory is about six months after the next game is released, but we've never had a game like GT Sport before with it's online only saves. All the created tracks from the track editor went missing after the servers shut in GT6 so I hope this isn't a sign of what will happen in GT Sport.

IMO it would be wrong of PD not to patch the game to allow all our purchased cars and DLC to remain available. Can't be too hard, can it?

Good luck with the PS5.

From what I recall, any DLC you didn't already buy you were screwed (which made the Problem with the paint chips in GT5 even worse).

Last edited:
From what I recall, any DLC you didn't already buy you were screwed (which made the Problem with the paint chips in GT5 even worse).
Ah yes, I should have mentioned that 👍. My answer was more in regard to DLC that was already purchased.

Back