Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
From what I recall, any DLC you didn't already buy you were screwed (which made the Problem with the paint chips in GT5 even worse).
Yeeeeess. I think I had the mind to buy all the cars(in-game Cr of course) when GT7 was announced. Mainly, if we could transfer cars over.

Noticed that the BoP update page now shows two 'GR Supra Racing Concepts' in the Gr.3 category. Is the undated version the one used for the Olympics event?

Two_Gr3_Supras.png

I am definitely not ready for the Professional League because they have strict barrier,cone and shortcut penalties. What is the best car for me to use for the following events? I am placing 2nd-6th in each race.

Competition de France
Group 4 Cup
The Passion of Dr Wankel
Stars and Stripes

I guess i'll complete every event in the BL, and move my way up to the tougher leagues. What lvl do you have to reach to unlock the endurance league, i'm at lvl 27.

I am definitely not ready for the Professional League because they have strict barrier,cone and shortcut penalties. What is the best car for me to use for the following events? I am placing 2nd-6th in each race.

Competition de France
Group 4 Cup
The Passion of Dr Wankel
Stars and Stripes

I guess i'll complete every event in the BL, and move my way up to the tougher leagues. What lvl do you have to reach to unlock the endurance league, i'm at lvl 27.

any of the FWD French shopping trolleys with 295hp and max weight loss should cruise this one.

Megane V6 Trophy smashes everything.

RE Amemiya

LOL no restrictions... um... current Ford GT... or the old one

Competition de France
Group 4 Cup
The Passion of Dr Wankel
Stars and Stripes

Level 30 unlocks Endurance. You'll need a Gr.1, GR.3, Porsche 991 GT3 and Red Bull X2019 to participate.

Toyota Kirloskar Motor has announced that its second edition of Toyota Gazoo Racing (TGR) e-Motorsport will be back for Indian gamers this year in August. Much like last year, the championship will let players on PS4 participate with Gran Turismo Sport, with a combined prize pool of Rs. 2,00,000.

Indian players from all states except Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Nagaland and Sikkim will be allowed to participate in the event, for which registrations will take place from August 2 to August 21. The races will occur from August 27 to September 25, with the prize announcement on October 2, 2021.

E78xnLJUcAssLbK

https://in.ign.com/gran-turismo-spo...port-toyota-gazoo-racing-2021-date-prize-pool

I dont know why people hate GT Sport fictional tracks, I just want to share with you my recent race at manufacturer series.

What a stuning race, track and escenario. Some times I get mad with the game but, oh man, I love this game so much

Happy birthday Kaz!!! Thanks for this incredible game

I had never experienced trolling before in any Gran Turismo until last night. I was in a free run lobby just doing laps when someone decided to make it their personally mission to do absolutely nothing but ram me around. Have no idea why I was the target, but it was quite infuriating. I would ignore him but he was in a Tomohawk so there was no getting away. He would even park with me and exit back to the pits just to wait. Such a sad life.

Last edited:
General question....
Why does the driving line differ so much from the apex mark on the last turn on Fuji Raceway?

I've always seen the blue apex markers match somewhat close the the driving line except here as in the screenshot
PS_App_20210807_043455.jpeg

Can anyone explain?

General question....
Why does the driving line differ so much from the apex mark on the last turn on Fuji Raceway?

I've always seen the blue apex markers match somewhat close the the driving line except here as in the screenshot
View attachment 1072727

Can anyone explain?
I can't necessarily explain the two lines as they are drawn because to me they seem backwards.

The shortest geometric line through a corner and the racing line aren't always the same thing. Also, there's often multiple lines through a corner. Panasonic is no exception. Maximizing your exit speed coming out of Panasonic is critical due to the ridiculously long straight that follows. If your speed and rate of acceleration coming out of that corner is less than your opponents, it gets magnified on the straight and can result in a significant time loss.

I'm a very mediocre player at this game but I've put a lot of work into that corner and have watched how several to players take it. In GTS at least, it seems to be fastest to start a little wide, go for a late apex and get on the throttle earlier than you might think is possible. The racing line in GTS doesn't always match up with what pro drivers do in real life, due to both the game's physics and often lenient track limits. You can often cut a corner much more in game than IRL, so there's that to keep in mind, as well.

I had never experienced trolling before in any Gran Turismo until last night. I was in a free run lobby just doing laps when someone decided to make it their personally mission to do absolutely nothing but ram me around. Have no idea why I was the target, but it was quite infuriating. I would ignore him but he was in a Tomohawk so there was no getting away. He would even park with me and exit back to the pits just to wait. Such a sad life.

If you're the owner of the lobby you can kick the player...

Last edited:
General question....

View attachment 1072727

Can anyone explain?
Fuji is a stupid track and its final sector is full of corners with no apexes and multiple viable lines through them.

I've put a lot of work into that corner and have watched how several to players take it. In GTS at least, it seems to be fastest to start a little wide, go for a late apex and get on the throttle earlier than you might think is possible. The racing line in GTS doesn't always match up with what pro drivers do in real life, due to both the game's physics and often lenient track limits.
I am not a great driver here at GTS and I use the three driving aids as much as I can, the yellow dash line, the blue apex markers, and the breaking cones. As I can relate I tend to "connect the dots " with the blue apex markers and it helps me more than following the driving line in the curves, helps me cut seconds off during the qualifications on the daily races.
Thank you for your answers

I am not a great driver here at GTS and I use the three driving aids as much as I can, the yellow dash line, the blue apex markers, and the breaking cones. As I can relate I tend to "connect the dots " with the blue apex markers and it helps me more than following the driving line in the curves, helps me cut seconds off during the qualifications on the daily races.
Thank you for your answers
I still have the yellow line on, not to follow but to maximize slip stream. Much easier to be precisely behind with the extra reference

I dont know why people hate GT Sport fictional tracks, I just want to share with you my recent race at manufacturer series.

What a stuning race, track and escenario. Some times I get mad with the game but, oh man, I love this game so much

Happy birthday Kaz!!! Thanks for this incredible game

I love most of the original circuits. GT make some good ones. I've not really heard many people complain.

Sometimes I run with my expensive gear and it goes well, but then I move closer to another car and my speed just disappears.
what O do now need help
Use the PS4 Share features to record a video and show us what the problem is.

Back