Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Just an expansion of the Porsche Gran Turismo Cup. From being available to Japanese players only, to the whole Asia Pacific. No new cars but the conditions for a Grand Final in December is yet to be announced.
Uhh, was that a Macan Turbo?

Unfortunately, not. It's just some promo material for the Cayenne Turbo GT. :(

Nice to find a photo of a real one... Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-TZ2-160440.jpg

No, it was a Cayenne Turbo GT, mixed in from this official launch film:

Interestingly the film includes the Gran Turismo start countdown sound effect...

CONFIRMED FOR GT7:lol:

I don't know how I feel about this. Anyway, that's not why I'm here. I'm here to have a rant about the questionable decisions that PD have made for this game. I can't understand why some obvious things were left out and why the physics were constantly adjusted, even though there was nothing wrong with them in the first place. I used to be competitive in online leagues but I've slid down the order to the point where I'm no longer playing GT Sport. It's a shame. The original physics from 2017 to mid 2019 were actually good and I rather enjoyed them for the most part. Cars didn't understeer everywhere and driving out of a corner required a bit of restraint, particularly in the big GT3 cars such as the GT-R and Atenza. It wasn't perfect but it was going in the right direction - until PD decided to ruin it as always. Ever since we got the wet tracks the physics have gone backwards and I cannot understand why. Why would you change the physics in such a dramatic way? No other game has done this! Too much focus is put on balancing the online championships and it's sucked the fun out of the game for me. Playing ACC is fairer! And that's a full-on simulator! How can this be? How can a more realistic game that's supposedly harder be more enjoyable and less frustrating? I thought GT was made for controller users to compete with wheel users! In fact it was for a while there! How the turntables.

But that's not all. How can PD leave SILVERSTONE out of GT Sport? WTF? It's truly baffling to leave such an obvious addition out of the game. Same goes for Daytona, Indianapolis, Motegi, Portimao, Imola and COTA. They also left out a lot of obvious cars such as the Ferrari 488, Ferrari F12, Bentley Continental, Mercedes C63, Audi RS3, Audi RS6 Avant, Dodge Challenger Hellcat, Plymouth Superbird, Renault Megane RS (2019), Ford Focus RS and many more. Soo many questionable decisions have been made across GT Sport's life that I truly fear for the future of the franchise. I have lost my passion for this game and if GT7 doesn't meet my expectations I will leave the series behind. I hope it doesn't come to that because I've been a diehard fan for many years.

Last edited:
CONFIRMED FOR GT7:lol:

I don't know how I feel about this. Anyway, that's not why I'm here. I'm here to have a rant about the questionable decisions that PD have made for this game. I can't understand why some obvious things were left out and why the physics were constantly adjusted, even though there was nothing wrong with them in the first place. I used to be competitive in online leagues but I've slid down the order to the point where I'm no longer playing GT Sport. It's a shame. The original physics from 2017 to mid 2019 were actually good and I rather enjoyed them for the most part. Cars didn't understeer everywhere and driving out of a corner required a bit of restraint, particularly in the big GT3 cars such as the GT-R and Atenza. It wasn't perfect but it was going in the right direction - until PD decided to ruin it as always. Ever since we got the wet tracks the physics have gone backwards and I cannot understand why. Why would you change the physics in such a dramatic way? No other game has done this! Too much focus is put on balancing the online championships and it's sucked the fun out of the game for me. Playing ACC is fairer! And that's a full-on simulator! How can this be? How can a more realistic game that's supposedly harder be more enjoyable and less frustrating? I thought GT was made for controller users to compete with wheel users! In fact it was for a while there! How the turntables.

But that's not all. How can PD leave SILVERSTONE out of GT Sport? WTF? It's truly baffling to leave such an obvious addition out of the game. Same goes for Daytona, Indianapolis, Motegi, Portimao, Imola and COTA. They also left out a lot of obvious cars such as the Ferrari 488, Ferrari F12, Bentley Continental, Mercedes C63, Audi RS3, Audi RS6 Avant, Dodge Challenger Hellcat, Plymouth Superbird, Renault Megane RS (2019), Ford Focus RS and many more. Soo many questionable decisions have been made across GT Sport's life that I truly fear for the future of the franchise. I have lost my passion for this game and if GT7 doesn't meet my expectations I will leave the series behind. I hope it doesn't come to that because I've been a diehard fan for many years.
I agree mate.

The main problem is, not being able to play the game the way the player's want.

In the past, we went only as far as our driver's licence. GTS allows players to dive right in. Learn about car dynamics, pack racing and a player's own skill level. This game has made online racing easy. That's the big plus. In my eyes, had PD started everyone with karts, after they acquire the car in Racing Etiquette, that would probably be the most ideal and closest to actual racing experience(or introduction into racing).

Yeah there some really big misteps there.

Here's a free kart for watching etiquitte vid.

Now nothing.

They should have done a GT league intro kart whatever round to get people into it.

How the turntables
vinyl scratching GIF by DJ Steve Clash

But that's not all. How can PD leave SILVERSTONE out of GT Sport? WTF? It's truly baffling to leave such an obvious addition out of the game. Same goes for Daytona, Indianapolis, Motegi, Portimao, Imola and COTA. They also left out a lot of obvious cars such as the Ferrari 488, Ferrari F12, Bentley Continental, Mercedes C63, Audi RS3, Audi RS6 Avant, Dodge Challenger Hellcat, Plymouth Superbird, Renault Megane RS (2019), Ford Focus RS and many more.
money GIF

I truly fear for the future of the franchise
Are You Serious Drama Queen GIF by Adult Swim

if GT7 doesn't meet my expectations I will leave the series behind
Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

Concerning that, maybe it wasn't PD's decision. Maybe they asked and were denied the use of the those tracks or those cars in the game. Every real-life track and car is under license. And PD has to pay that license. It's possible they weren't looking to spend more money or maybe those companies didn't want those particular tracks or cars licensed for use. Or maybe they're under contract with another game/software company for those rights.

Concerning that, maybe it wasn't PD's decision. Maybe they asked and were denied the use of the those tracks or those cars in the game. Every real-life track and car is under license. And PD has to pay that license. It's possible they weren't looking to spend more money or maybe those companies didn't want those particular tracks or cars licensed for use. Or maybe they're under contract with another game/software company for those rights.
TBF we're talking about a company that spent $100 mil. making GT5.

They have the money they just didnt want to. We know the Japanese car industry bends over backwards for PD and yet they werent even all that generous on the JDM content.

It seems they gave up around the last content update since this is only a placeholder/caretaker title until GT7 takes over.

This is Gran Turismo we're talking about, the star headline title for PS4, the best selling console of all time.

Ask yourself how silly it sounds if you say Microsoft Turn10 couldnt afford to do this and that.

Really? Rich multinationals suddenly cant do stuff? Its funny how we make excuses for Sony.

Sony is a company that used 'magic' to deliver a real working car from scratch and suddenly they cant do this and that for their premiere game. Because its probably not their premier game any more. Maybe in 2017-18 it was.

They have the money they just didnt want to. We know the Japanese car industry bends over backwards for PD and yet they werent even all that generous on the JDM content.

It seems they gave up around the last content update since this is only a placeholder/caretaker title until GT7 takes over.

This is Gran Turismo we're talking about, the star headline title for PS4, the best selling console of all time.

Ask yourself how silly it sounds if you say Microsoft Turn10 couldnt afford to do this and that.

Really? Rich multinationals suddenly cant do stuff? Its funny how we make excuses for Sony.

Sony is a company that used 'magic' to deliver a real working car from scratch and suddenly they cant do this and that for their premiere game. Because its probably not their premier game any more. Maybe in 2017-18 it was.
While true that they spent a great deal of money making a game, it isn't always about the money you spend; or even have. If a company doesn't want to license the rights to their products, and no amount of money can sway their decision, then you're just not going to use it. Especially on something as big as a game like GT and risk the insane amounts of lawsuits that would be piled on you if you did.

Or.....

Maybe they WERE just being lazy. Maybe it IS just a placeholder until they can get a full-fledged game out (like GT7). Who knows? I remember GT5 Prologue and how it was just a placeholder until the full version of GT5 came out. But it was still a good game and I enjoyed it immensely. I also enjoyed GT5 and 6 immensely; just like I do with this current version. So if GT Sport is just a placeholder, then I'm OK with them not putting as many cars or tracks into this version so they can work on a better, bigger version for GT7.

What if car companies only made the best vehicles they could make. What if they used the absolute best technology, best materials, used artisan craftsmanship, etc. to make ALL of their vehicles. Then a lot of people wouldn't be able to afford them. Imagine if every car or truck were made like a Rolls Royce or a Bentley. If you didn't make at LEAST $100k/year, then you're taking the bus/taxi/train to work or anywhere else you want to go.

While true that they spent a great deal of money making a game, it isn't always about the money you spend; or even have. If a company doesn't want to license the rights to their products, and no amount of money can sway their decision, then you're just not going to use it. Especially on something as big as a game like GT and risk the insane amounts of lawsuits that would be piled on you if you did.

It’s always about money…why do you think Lewis Hamilton is still has the gran Turismo logo on his hat, its not because he enjoys the racing or the cars game.

For PD they can only sell the game at lets say $60. Why because we know these games arent worth $80-100.

You have to either make a deal where you pay up the nose for licenses and hope to make returns on license payments, or give them a % of every game sold…forever

I just wished they had a better grip on a dynamic weather and damage

Just want to point out... Silverstone is unique in that it's owned and operated by a private club of British racing drivers. http://www.brdc.co.uk/Silverstone

It may very well be that this club wants certain approval rights over the official implementation of the track in games that PD won't or can't grant, or that they are themselves bound by an agreement only to license the track to "official" games licensed by series that race at Silverstone in the real world, or something else. They might have agreed with Microsoft not to license the track to PD specifically when Forza got the track. They are known to be difficult even with F1 as far as negotiations are concerned. There may not be an amount of money PD or Sony or God herself can wheelbarrow into Northamptonshire and secure PD a license to ship the circuit in GT7.

Yes, I know GTS has Lewis Hamilton in the game, yes, Jimmy Broadbent and Super GT do commentary for them, you would think Silverstone would be a slam dunk, but it's not always that simple.

Last edited:
Just want to point out... Silverstone is unique in that it's owned and operated by a private club of British racing drivers. http://www.brdc.co.uk/Silverstone

It may very well be that this club wants certain approval rights over the official implementation of the track in games that PD won't or can't grant, or that they are themselves bound by an agreement only to license the track to "official" games licensed by series that race at Silverstone in the real world, or something else. They might have agreed with Microsoft not to license the track to PD specifically when Forza got the track. They are known to be difficult even with F1 as far as negotiations are concerned. There may not be an amount of money PD or Sony or God herself can wheelbarrow into Northamptonshire and secure PD a license to ship the circuit in GT7.

Yes, I know GTS has Lewis Hamilton in the game, yes, Jimmy Broadbent and Super GT do commentary for them, you would think Silverstone would be a slam dunk, but it's not always that simple.
Nothing has changed with regards to the BRDC ownership since PD scanned the track for GT6 though, with it featuring heavily in initial promotion for the game. It's not impossible but I can't see why relations between the two would've soured so badly that they couldn't extend the license. There must be some other reason it didn't make it to GTS, perhaps technical.

Forza don't do exclusives, the track was included in Project CARS 3 which released two years after Forza 7.

Same day with that Sony conference, huh 🤔
Yes but the game update is much earlier than the showcase. It seem unlikely that they'd announce something at the showcase (a PS5 update, for example) if it was already released.

Could be wrong of course. This is PD, and Sony are expertly fluffing their comms recently so who knows.

Keep expectations low. Probably just another penalty adjustment.

Plot twist: This update is the update that turns GT Sport into the Gran Turismo 7 Beta and eventually, into the PS4 version of GT7. You heard it here first.

More tonight at 11:00...
That would be nice if PD did that for the Fans RACECAR.

Hey - quick question regarding TC (sorry if there’s already a thread). I’m using TC = 1 for pretty much every car but still struggling a little with gr3 cars. Now, how realistic exactly is GT Sport in this regard? As I understand it, GT3 cars are essentially designed to be used with traction control, and are weight distributed with TC in mind. There are no real-world GT3 drivers not using traction control. So does that mean I should keep TC on for gr3 cars? Or is GT Sport just a case of TC off is faster in all cases, as long as you can control the car?

Hey - quick question regarding TC (sorry if there’s already a thread). I’m using TC = 1 for pretty much every car but still struggling a little with gr3 cars. Now, how realistic exactly is GT Sport in this regard? As I understand it, GT3 cars are essentially designed to be used with traction control, and are weight distributed with TC in mind. There are no real-world GT3 drivers not using traction control. So does that mean I should keep TC on for gr3 cars? Or is GT Sport just a case of TC off is faster in all cases, as long as you can control the car?
TC off is faster and I never use it but I only use it for rain races, where I can turn TC On/Off if I want to. You say your struggling with Gr.3 cars, are they tuned cars or just plane stock ones ?. Send me a PM, instead talking about it on this Thread.

As I understand it TC1 is not the same as 2-5 and is actually for the rally cars which is why you get TC1 preset on them. Don't let them tell you that off is faster, theoretically it is, but you save very little in most races and the risk of losing time from a mistake is increased. Even a tank slapper where you don't go off can lose more time than you gain from having it off. I just have everything on TC2, sometimes take it off for quali and/or underpowered cars in race A.
So try TC2 or 3 and even give TC0 a go, find what works best for you and ignore the debate about what's fastest as YMMV.

As I understand it TC1 is not the same as 2-5 and is actually for the rally cars which is why you get TC1 preset on them. Don't let them tell you that off is faster, theoretically it is, but you save very little in most races and the risk of losing time from a mistake is increased. Even a tank slapper where you don't go off can lose more time than you gain from having it off. I just have everything on TC2, sometimes take it off for quali and/or underpowered cars in race A.
So try TC2 or 3 and even give TC0 a go, find what works best for you and ignore the debate about what's fastest as YMMV.
Yeah I’ve heard a few people mention that the small amount of time gained from TC Off is over-whelmed by the risk of spinning out. I guess it’s about finding your own limit. I definitely concur that it’s sensible to push closer to the limit for quali and rain it back 10% or so in an actual race. I know I can cope TC1 for a gr4 car, but currently need TC2 for gr3. I’d like to change that, but not going to race with a setting i don’t think I can handle until I’m totally confident with it. If nothing else, I don’t want to spin out and ruin someone else’s race.

theoretically it is, but you save very little in most races and the risk of losing time from a mistake is increased.
Practically it is not just a little you save but there's a learning curve for sure.
I was a staunch advocator for TCS and every time I saw someone spinning on exit it confirmed my opinion that most people shouldn't drive without TCS.
Then I decided to try to run without and I did spin a lot, especially from bad habits I picked up overusing TCS.
I know there's people far faster than me that are so using TCS.
But I am now several seconds faster than I was with TCS. And I learned far better throttle control.than before.
So I suggest learning to drive without. Then it's optional to use it when conditions are worse but you can do both.

Back