Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
You learn very quickly because of muscle memory. You don't look at the gear stick while driving, yet you can still do it right? Same thing with VR.
True, so long as you don't have a lot of buttons mapped externally and you don't need them in a hurry. The one obstacle you can't overcome however is an external HUD dash. It's so valuable in AC I can't see driving without one and odds are somewhat good that it could show up on GTS as well. Having an external display with multiple screens and reams of valuable data means your main screen is just car and track and it really helps with the immersion.

Bugatti Chiron press conference on March 1. We'll know if the Chiron is the cover car.

We might. There's no certainty there.

Finally the two shall merge into one another and all Xbox and PS fans will cry the tears of joy. ;)

One does have to wonder if the maths would make a situation like that feasible. Certainly sales would be through the roof...

I'm very curious about this montage.

Yes, and a good move IMO, but depending on the car of course. A Bugatti Chiron isn't what I'd like to see on the cover though...
But it would be great publicity. Most people who don't have extensive car knowledge will think the Chiron is the best car ever made in every way (they think that of the Veyron too). It could give a boost on GT Sport sales among those people.

I'd personally like to see the Mercedes AMG-GT on the cover.
Not going to happen. It's been out for 2 years and DriveClub was one of the first games to market the crap out of it. We might get the Koenigsegg Regera as a cover car(Just rumor) or the Acura NSX since it's due for delivery in a few weeks, which corresponds with GTS beta starting(Assuming Japan thinks Spring starts at the same time as us)

A new road car supercar doesn't really seem like the right choice for a game promoting itself as being all about racing and the future of motorsport.
ummmmm

why does it feature as the 2nd car shown in the GTS Trailer...?

upload_2016-2-26_15-20-36.png

But it would be great publicity. Most people who don't have extensive car knowledge will think the Chiron is the best car ever made in every way (they think that of the Veyron too). It could give a boost on GT Sport sales among those people.
It's a subtle thing but I think if GTSport is really to be about competition and have a greater focus on the racing aspect of things, a race car on the cover is a must, or perhaps the race version of a car side by side with the road version. Putting a road car on the cover, especially one that isn't likely to be a top performer on the track, would be sending a subtle signal that the game isn't so serious about racing after all.

But he posted a picture from the Bugatti VGT...

Let me spell this out for you guys...

Not going to happen. It's been out for 2 years and DriveClub was one of the first games to market the crap out of it. We might get the Koenigsegg Regera as a cover car(Just rumor) or the Acura NSX since it's due for delivery in a few weeks, which corresponds with GTS beta starting(Assuming Japan thinks Spring starts at the same time as us)
A new road car supercar doesn't really seem like the right choice for a game promoting itself as being all about racing and the future of motorsport.
Nowhere did the Bugatti come into this.

Back