Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I don't worry for beta. It will arrive in spring, as planned.

For cover, I'd like this:

GT-Sport-cover.jpg

:)

Just wanted to note that PD changed their (english) promo text at the official site from ,,best graphics, physics and sound in a racing game'' to -->

,,That Gran Turismo SPORT will feature highly evolved graphics and sound quality, not to mention a totally revamped physics engine,
should come as no surprise. The true beauty of Gran Turismo SPORT goes much deeper, as it will forever change
the way driving games are seen. It will redefine the very definition of “gaming” and “motorsports.”''
Don't think it has changed, I think it was like that since game got announced. If you go on UK version and also US version you can see difference is still there.
To clarify I was talking about the Chiron, not the VGT which is obviously a different car and would more fit the bill for cover car.
They potentially could put both cars on the cover.
Well if they want to hold up on their 'Early 2016' date that is still listed on the website they really need to start talking soon. The deadline for early 2016 is now 64 days.

They could do that "boom, Beta right now" thing with no build up but it doesn't seem wise when the general public has forgotten about the game or doesn't even know about it. It needs promoting.
If the BETA is really good then that should also help promote the game and make more people aware about it.

So there is a contradiction then, 'Early 2016' as stated by the official website and 'Spring' as stated by the
PS Blog. Which is correct? Spring obviously gives them a lot more time, it could end up being mid June, obviously way past 'early' 2016.

So there is a contradiction then, 'Early 2016' as stated by the official website and 'Spring' as stated by the
PS Blog. Which is correct? Spring obviously gives them a lot more time, it could end up being mid June, obviously way past 'early' 2016.

Early 2016 = Q1 2016 = from January 1st to March 31st
Spring 2016 = from March 21st to June 20th
so the beta timeframe is from March 21st to March 31st

/jk

For me "early 2016" = from January to May

And in March, April and May = spring.

If you have an 'early' part of the year it stands to reason you also have a 'middle' and 'late' part. So that is a three way division of the year, meaning 'early' is the first four months. How would the rest of the year be split in your version with May still being early?

Spring is March 20th to June 19th in the Northern Hemisphere.

So yes there is some crossover but as I say Spring would obviously give them more time. So long as they keep 'early 2016' on their own site I believe the deadline for it being on time is April 30th.

@Samus - while I personally view "early" to be the same time period as you, I could totally see others considering it to cover every day up to June 30. Cut out the "middle", and there's only "early" and "late". :P

I suppose "Spring" puts us to June 20.

Still, PD and Sony would be missing prime time if they released that far into the year. Since it's GT were talking about, I don't think they really need to worry about launching close to other games, like smaller titles have to take into consideration. But if it's just before summer vacation, that likely will hurt.

If you have an 'early' part of the year it stands to reason you also have a 'middle' and 'late' part. So that is a three way division of the year, meaning 'early' is the first four months. How would the rest of the year be split in your version with May still being early?

Spring is March 20th to June 19th in the Northern Hemisphere.

So yes there is some crossover but as I say Spring would obviously give them more time. So long as they keep 'early 2016' on their own site I believe the deadline for it being on time is April 30th.
Yeah i have no idea how anyone could say May is early on in the year :lol: I wouldnt even say April is that early. For me early would be the first quarter - Jan-Mar

I hate to say it, but I really don't think we're going to see a beta. I really can't see PD wanting to release something that truly isn't finished yet. Yes some will say that GT6 was unfinished, but with the right marketing and having not added all the things they did, it was a complete game at launch. I know there's a first for everything, but releasing a beta considering the company's way of doing things seems highly unlikely to me.

I hate to say it, but I really don't think we're going to see a beta. I really can't see PD wanting to release something that truly isn't finished yet. Yes some will say that GT6 was unfinished, but with the right marketing and having not added all the things they did, it was a complete game at launch. I know there's a first for everything, but releasing a beta considering the company's way of doing things seems highly unlikely to me.

But....PD themselves have said, and still say, they will.

Oh, and GT5 was laughably unfinished at launch. GT6 wasn't so bad, but still not finished with everything pre-advertised.

Last edited:
GT5 Prologue?

Is it possible that uncharted 4 has something to do with the silence over anything gts? My theory is since uncharted much like GT is one of Sony's big franchises. There trying not to take away any hype from uncharted which launches in late April :boggled: Which leads me to think a late May release for the beta. With GTS launching in late November

again i base this on absolutely nothing other then just wishful thinking

Is it possible that uncharted 4 has something to do with the silence over anything gts? My theory is since uncharted much like GT is one of Sony's big franchises. There trying not to take away any hype from uncharted which launches in late April :boggled: Which leads me to think a late May release for the beta. With GTS launching in late November

That would be crazy.

I doubt it considering U4 was already delayed to March before GTS was announced, and that would still have been right in the same window. If Sony were concerned about those clashes they'd not have allowed GTS to announce for that timeframe.

I don't think they have any problem with two first party titles at the same time being promoted as long as they're not similar. I mean Driveclub and GTS being promoted at the same time, that wouldn't have made sense. U4 and GTS though, should be fine. Two different markets.

If there's NO news in March I will be shocked. It would be six months since the announcement trailer - come on PD, you can do it.

If there's NO news in March I will be shocked. It would be six months since the announcement trailer - come on PD, you can do it.

Best bet is, there probably will be. Considering PD said the beta is coming in Spring, anyway.

Not that it really matters but I don't believe PD themselves have ever said Spring. Only Sony.
Sony are PDs boss. These days publishers decide when games come out not the game devs. Just look at Driveclub.

Last edited:
I don't have a PS4 (yet) and I'm not buying U4 ( I don't even know what kind of game it is). I doubt GTS sales will be minus my copy(unless the game is more of the same. That's a whole other story).

How in hell will Uncharted 4 affect GTS's sales??. Unlike Sony decides to make a partnership between both (like fallout 4//forza). I don't see any war between each other...

Well i never said anything about it affecting gts sells? I only said that cause since U4 is soon coming out sony is holding any news and the beta for gts till U4 launches as to not take away any hype from U4 :indiff:

Well i never said anything about it affecting gts sells? I only said that cause since U4 is soon coming out sony is holding any news and the beta for gts till U4 launches as to not take away any hype from U4 :indiff:

I don't think the people buying Uncharted are the same demographic buying GT Sport.

... i have no idea how anyone could say May is early on in the year ...
It’s rather easy if you start reasoning in terms of fiscal year. Sony’s Q1 2016 spans from April 1 to June 30. This would conveniently superimpose “Early 2016 ” with Northern Hemisphere “Spring” too.

Back