Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Just like last year, sad to not see GTS. I really thought it'd happen this year because THEY UPLOADED AN E3 TRAILER ON YOUTUBE THIS TIME. But nooooo.. Nothing. Seriously?

Fantastic indeed.
Elephant in this particular room ... no GT Sport.

We have already seen the early release of the E3 clip.
It's been at Copperbox, Nurburgring, Tokyo.
Will likely be at Le Mans and Goodwood.

Disappointing right now?
Sure.

But that was an excellent E3 presentation.

It was fantastic show. But they could have made 5mins for GTS. Why not even mention it ? They have given up, it is sad. Forza6 tanked but at least they are trying with Ford GT on cover, Nascar, COTA etc. It is more appealing. I know racing is universal thing but to me they are too baised toward Europe, other region. AC, Pcars, CM Dirt, F1 these games will never get in the main show but GTS could and should have been there.They are not even trying anymore :(

Just like last year, sad to not see GTS. I really thought it'd happen this year because THEY UPLOADED AN E3 TRAILER ON YOUTUBE THIS TIME. But nooooo.. Nothing. Seriously?
GTS has a booth, and PSBlog confirmed Kaz at E3; there's still posibilities

It was fantastic show. But they could have made 5mins for GTS. Why not even mention it ? They have given up, it is sad. Forza6 tanked but at least they are trying with Ford GT on cover, Nascar, COTA etc. It is more appealing. I know racing is universal thing but to me they are too baised toward Europe, other region. AC, Pcars, CM Dirt, F1 these games will never get in the main show but GTS could and should have been there.They are not even trying anymore :(
Why not mention it?
I don't know, I'm not a SONY executive.

Why are they to biased toward Europe?
I don't get that sense at all, and I'm an Aussie.

As I said, Gt Sport has had plenty of exposure, and plenty more to come.
It seems to me the decision was made that GT Sport can advertise itself, and doesn't need to be advertised during the short time SONY had to display all their other games during the E3 presentaion.

I'm not upset that GT Sport wasn't shown in the conference. The game is there on the show floor and there are plenty more opportunities for PD to show some new footage. If no new footage is shown at all, that's going to be a bit of a problem. The E3 trailer didn't show much new stuff, so I'm hoping we see a little bit more.

IIRC, Microsoft never fails to have a spotlight on the Forza franchise. This year it was Horizon (3), next year it will be FM7. Will GT be represented at E3 next year? Nope, no reason to, unless it gets massively delayed in Nov., which I am expecting. They are not taking Forza fans for granted.

Why not mention it?
I don't know, I'm not a SONY executive.

Why are they to biased toward Europe?
I don't get that sense at all, and I'm an Aussie.

As I said, Gt Sport has had plenty of exposure, and plenty more to come.
It seems to me the decision was made that GT Sport can advertise itself, and doesn't need to be advertised during the short time SONY had to display all their other games during the E3 presentaion.

By releasing trailer earlier they probably fit in some other stuff but a game called Horzion: Zero dawn trailer was also shown a day before GTS trailer. Yet the game got a gameplay video. Obviously someone decided that GTS presence is not important :rolleyes:. I just hope they remain neutral and focus in all regions.

By releasing trailer earlier they probably fit in some other stuff but a game called Horzion: Zero dawn trailer was also shown a day before GTS trailer. Yet the game got a gameplay video. Obviously someone decided that GTS presence is not important :rolleyes:. I just hope they remain neutral and focus in all regions.

E3 may take place in the US but it's very much a worldwide event, it's the biggest one of the year that everyone knows and talks about.

Fair call.

But perhaps unlike GT Sport which has directly related real world events where it can be show-cased, Horizon zero dawn has only video conferences to gain added exposure.

GT Sport has already had a good run with exposure to the media, with more to come.

Fair call.

But perhaps unlike GT Sport which has directly related real world events where it can be show-cased, Horizon zero dawn has only video conferences to gain added exposure.

GT Sport has already had a good run with exposure to the media, with more to come.
^this:cheers:

Perhaps illustrating why PD didn't want the direct footage out there. Without so much compression the jaggies are much more prominent.

dyXdumG.jpg

Wt7daIj.jpg

0ckZM9o.jpg

fqU3awH.jpg

hu3lvvv.jpg

U6Pt5ER.jpg

Yeah, those pics look so awful, and that trailer hurts my eyes. Actually, no they don't. :D

Unless I'm mistaken, the last time Gran Turismo was showcased at a SONY E3 conference was GTPSP, and it did need some exposure because many of us were rather meh on it. I never bought it. Proper Gran Turismo games have a built in fan base that most developers wish they had. GT6 sold about five million games on a dying console. Forza isn't doing so hot, so of course MS makes a big deal about it to flog a few more sales out of it.

Kaz will do another presser, so let's see what comes of it.
We hope you’ll stay tuned to PlayStation’s channels next week as Yamauchi-san will join our team at E3 to show off more gameplay on the PlayStation LiveCast.

Oh, and to me the new music track is kind of disposable. I'd rather hear WAH baby.

Another thing tho, call me optimistic, whatever. But, what if PD prepared enough news to overpass the time limit Sony maybe putted to all the showed games?? If PSBlog is right about Kaz being at E3 this week, then it could happen

Back