Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Yeah, those pics look so awful, and that trailer hurts my eyes. Actually, no they don't. :D

Unless I'm mistaken, the last time Gran Turismo was showcased at a SONY E3 conference was GTPSP, and it did need some exposure because many of us were rather meh on it. I never bought it. Proper Gran Turismo games have a built in fan base that most developers wish they had. GT6 sold about five million games on a dying console. Forza isn't doing so hot, so of course MS makes a big deal about it to flog a few more sales out of it.

A lot of absolute statements from someone who has no idea what they're talking about.

Since some people can't help but hype themselves up yet more, it should be noted that up until this point, GT Sport has barely been shown on North American soil (a small event ran concurrently with the London one last month). It's entirely possible nothing new will be seen on the show floor, in much the same way nothing new was shown in Nürburg or Tokyo after the Copper Box. Note the PS Blog says "more", not "new".

Maybe new stuff will be shown. We simply don't know, and that's what we hope to see when the doors open tomorrow.

E3 2013 they had a reason,GT6 was a PS3 game coming out while they were promoting PS4. This however, it's their first next-gen game due out in a matter of months, and it doesn't even get name-checked? Just a blink and you'll miss it snapshot at the end?

Instead they showed off games without finished titles and minimal game play that are clearly years off.

Bizarre.

Not suprising though, GT is probably saving their time for making the game, which is why they released the trailer (which could show where their intense focus is, which I hope pays off in the end). And with the PS4K being a thing, these featured unfinished titles could be in the works of being for the new complementary system.

But let me also saythat PD is at the event and could be showcasing something, only time will tell!

I feel like if they had something significant to show off, like weather effects, night time, damage etc it would have been in the conference or at the very least in the trailer. The fact it was instead using all of the same assets as the London reveal bar one car suggests to me they're not ready to show anything else off at this stage, barring the odd one or two more cars. We'll have to wait for the next big event for the next big step up in reveals, IMO.

I'm expecting the show floor to be essentially the same demo as the previous events and Kaz may talk in more detail about the stuff already revealed.

Nothing has been shown on Australian soil, and yet I believe I've seen almost everything there is to be seen.

Some will take interest in the game, others will fall into it.
Those that fall into it may or may not care.

The fact that this latest event happened to be physically held in the US seems moot to me.

I'm not sure what the location of the presentation has to do with people hyping themselves up.
Nor for that matter, why that's such a bad thing.

Umm, friends...
upload_2016-6-13_23-45-36.png

Note, this says "Booth", not conference!

Old, but important as well :) http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/06/playstation-at-e3-2016-how-to-watch-live/

Perhaps illustrating why PD didn't want the direct footage out there. Without so much compression the jaggies are much more prominent.

dyXdumG.jpg

Wt7daIj.jpg

0ckZM9o.jpg

fqU3awH.jpg

hu3lvvv.jpg

U6Pt5ER.jpg
So would you prefer 60fps and no AA, or 30fps with AA? Because, whether you realize it or not, AA sometimes carries a pretty big performance hit, and we all know that even a PS4 isn't that powerful compared to a good PC.

Not sure what you're getting at, that was just a list of games that would be playable, it didn't mean they would/wouldn't also be in the conference.
It was just to remind us GTS will be playable at the E3, and the link shows as well all the time lapses the livecasts will take if people want to know :). Considering all the livecast will take more time than the press conference took, there could be surprises Sony hide today and saved for the booth...

So would you prefer 60fps and no AA, or 30fps with AA? Because, whether you realize it or not, AA sometimes carries a pretty big performance hit, and we all know that even a PS4 isn't that powerful compared to a good PC.

Why are you asking me these things? I simply suggested the AA at this stage may be why they didn't want people seeing it in high quality. I gave no opinion on what I thought of it. They have time to improve it and they likely will, hence the thought why they may want to hide it for now.

AA doesn't cause that much of a performance hit.
Depending on the type you use, it can. And besides, it's important to get as good a framerate as possible because some people struggle with low rates.

Why are you asking me these things? I simply suggested the AA at this stage may be why they didn't want people seeing it in high quality. I gave no opinion on what I thought of it. They have time to improve it and they likely will, hence the thought why they may want to hide it for now.
So no clue really then?

Actually you did give an opinion of what you thought of it.
You thought the 'jaggies looked much more prominent' so therefore they perhaps didn't want the direct footage out there.

So no clue really then?

Actually you did give an opinion of what you thought of it.
You thought the 'jaggies looked much more prominent' so therefore they perhaps didn't want the direct footage out there.

No, it seems you and others have misunderstood the point of my post. It wasn't "Oh my god, look at these jaggies" or "These photos are awful". It was simply to illustrate a thought, yes a thought, not a fact, that it may be why they didn't want the direct footage out.

It's not my opinion that jaggies are more prominent without the heavy youtube compression, most people know video compression hides/loses detail. Some of those recompressed London videos make the game look like a poor PS3 game they wash so much detail out. We know that isn't really the case.

But again I didn't post them to have a pop, they were to illustrate a point. It was in fact the opposite of having a pop if anything because as I say, I believe it will be better come release.

In short.

1. Jaggies Now
2. PD may want to hide them because they'll be gone/toned down for release and it's not representative. They may not. It was just a thought.

Ahh, I see.
My misunderstanding.
To be honest I did think you were looking for something to have a crack at.
It can be difficult at times just reading text.

I can see what you are saying.

And there's nothing wrong with having a go either for that matter.
Spot something out of whack, point it out.

I just thought you may have been over-reaching on this one.
But I'm with you now.

I'ld like to say something, before I finally slink into bed for the night/day.

The preference of someone liking a particular console, or a particular game, to me is perfectly natural.
Why some put the effort in to have a go at someone when they post in that fashion is beyond me.
Read it, smirk to yourself if you wish, then move on.
Live and let live is what I say.
Those having a dig won't suddenly alter that persons opinion.
So long as there aren't ridiculous claims, it's play-on and move on.

Just makes for a friendlier board all round.

Anyway, bummed the orchestra didn't play Moon over the castle for us tonight for GT Sport. :(
Hopefully we get to see a few glimpses of something new that fires-up this board again soon.

And on that note, it's goodnight from me. :cheers:

The preference of someone liking a particular console, or a particular game, to me is perfectly natural.
Why some put the effort in to have a go at someone when they post in that fashion is beyond me.
Read it, smirk to yourself if you wish, then move on.
Live and let live is what I say.
Those having a dig won't suddenly alter that persons opinion.
So long as there aren't ridiculous claims, it's play-on and move on.
Arguments and game/console wars are bound to happen in forums like this because, well, it's a forum, a place where others talk to each other over various things. It's inevitable.

Now that we didn't see anything from PD at E3 I think GT Sport VR will (has to?) be showcased at Gamescom, Germany. There's no other opportunity, ie big show, before November.

I promised myself I wouldn't go to Gamescom. lol

Back