Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Amar posting in gaf is hype inducing to be honest. also GT6 having only one OT gaf thread while DC has 3 already. volumes being spoken

Yep, but it's interesting to see people discussing DC more than GT6.
Not so much, like Samus said, GT6 is not longer being developed (as we know), and DC yes, what can be interesting it would be a discussion between GT sport and DC

Not so much, like Samus said, GT6 is not longer being developed (as we know), and DC yes, what can be interesting it would be a discussion between GT sport and DC

Well quite simply most of the internet isn't talking about GT Sport because they know nothing about it and the developers haven't talked about it themselves since October.

I mean even this dedicated forum stopped really directly talking about the game months ago, we've just been going off on tangents and random poopchatting since then.

Well quite simply most of the internet isn't talking about GT Sport because they know nothing about it and the developers haven't talked about it themselves since October.

I mean even this dedicated forum stopped really directly talking about the game months ago, we've just been going off on tangents and random poopchatting since then.
To be greatly honest, I find this a lot more interesting than talking GT Sport all together. :D

n00b question: Who is this Amar chap?

A known Sony insider with connections to Polyphony Digital. He teased a huge number of significant GT5 features before they were officially unveiled, and most recently, leaked the "GT Sport" name months before the reveal at PGW. If he says things, GTP's collective ears tend to prick up, as he usually has something interesting to say.

The fact he's started making noises again might indicate something interesting, although I'm not sure what exactly has been said. He doesn't usually post for no reason though...

I'm assuming cutmeamango is Kaz, and this is the big Geneva reveal for GTS 👍

I'm so news-starved, I'm hallucinating.

Well, "cutmeamango" does rearrange to "me a gt man c u. o!" His name, therefore, is code to suggest he is a prominent member of the GT development team, probably Kaz himself (he says he is a "a gt man" who knows something important will happen in two days, so he must be calling the shots over at PD). He says he can "c u", as in, "see you", which can be taken to mean he understands and appreciates your point of view that you are desperate for news. He responds to this concern, concluding the message with an "o!", which is most likely an expression of surprise, suggesting that there will be a surprise in two days, possibly the release of the GT Sport beta.

Cutmeamango is Kaz confirmed.

Well, "cutmeamango" does rearrange to "me a gt man c u. o!" His name, therefore, is code to suggest he is a prominent member of the GT development team, probably Kaz himself (he says he is a "a gt man" who knows something important will happen in two days, so he must be calling the shots over at PD). He says he can "c u", as in, "see you", which can be taken to mean he understands and appreciates your point of view that you are desperate for news. He responds to this concern, concluding the message with an "o!", which is most likely an expression of surprise, suggesting that there will be a surprise in two days, possibly the release of the GT Sport beta.

Cutmeamango is Kaz confirmed.

High-level mathematicians would be envious of this impeccable logic!

I see an oasis!

Why? GT6 is on an old platform and no longer being developed/updated. DC is neither of those things.

DC is a newer game but had more official threads. I know this does not affect sales but it's interesting none the less.

Also not rub salt in the wound but :D

And we have PD...
http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/article/2575
Not a word about their game.

Which is not to say they aren't working on it, just they aren't publicising it directly. I don't expect that Kazunori and co. have turned up to work every day for the last four months since the initial Paris reveal, sat around doing naff all until 5pm, and went home again. The fact that little snippets of news have cropped up here and there over the last year pertaining to GT, like the hiring of Mike Caviezel and Kevin Middelbos, the no standards/"super-premiums" car list as revealed over Facebook, the new Alpine concept, which Kazunori attended the reveal event for and the Facebook page then said in a roundabout way was coming to GT Sport, and the concept art that appeared around Christmas time showing the Lexus RC F and Jaguar F-Type R hard top, show there's some fairly serious work going on at PDI headquarters, but they just haven't put it out there. Bizarrely, we've instead had to go and find out about it from various sources, with varying degrees of direct/indirect connection to the development team themselves.

Actually, looking back on it like that, we know a fair bit more about GT Sport on top of the initial trailer and information - but I'm not sure why they didn't use, haven't used, or are using, services like the PitStop blog to disseminate this information.

Back