Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
The wheels, I can't believe. They haven't worked on the PS4 for other games.

400 cars? I'm taking that with a pinch of salt. I mean, if we do get 400 cars with the final product, that'd be great, but I'm confused as to why the car count was around 140 at the London event and at E3, but has suddenly jumped up to 400 at a random interview.

Maybe it's a licensing thing. Though it's not confirmed if their will be 400.

Overtaking challenges. Keeping it fresh and interesting Kaz. It's not like that wasn't the entire premise of GT6.
Seems counter intuitive to me to be teaching people to overtake all the cars in 3 laps when that will never happen in a real online race if proper matchmaking is in effect and everyone is relatively the same pace. I would have thought it was the kind of arcade racing experience they were trying to get away from.

Seems counter intuitive to me to be teaching people to overtake all the cars in 3 laps when that will never happen in a real online race if proper matchmaking is in effect and everyone is relatively the same pace. I would have thought it was the kind of arcade racing experience they were trying to get away from.
Well it would encourage you to drive faster to pass everybody. It may not be the most successful way to improve driving but it would have an effect.

Well it would encourage you to drive faster to pass everybody. It may not be the most successful way to improve driving but it would have an effect.

I quite liked the 'drive past everyone at Suzuka in a single (?) lap' challenge from GT5P.

Was soooo tricky.

UPDATE: VGtime announced that 400 premium cars at launch time of GTS is a misunderstanding

what kaz really said is that:
For GTS, there will still be 140 super premium cars at launch time, but PD guarantee that they will update regularly, and the car number will increase to 400 ~ 500, in one year.
what's more, all cars will be super premium, all of them. There will not be any premium car in GTS any more.

The whole "400 premiums" thing should make perfect sense. I can think of almost no reason as to why PD wouldn't use the PS3 models, but I'm just not ready to believe it.

UPDATE: VGtime announced that 400 premium cars at launch time of GTS is a misunderstanding

For GTS, there will still be 140 super premium cars at launch time, but PD guarantee that they will update regularly, and the car number will increase to 400 ~ 500, in one year.
what's more, all cars will be super premium, all of them. There will not be any premium car in GTS any more.

Thanks man!

Bit disappointing, but I don't think anyone here believed it tbf :)

Good potential news on 400-500 within a year, I guess

Thank god salt is cheap, I'm using a lot of pinches.

Another quantum leap?

BL4_fF.gif

They took 3 years to model 140 cars, so that means 4-500 would take them a year or 9.

Was the last info taken from a website or sent via e-mail to you in person?

Twice the car number added in the first year? Really? The game gonna cost 1000 euros of DLC lol. I think this is also a misunderstanding

Had your seen night racing in GTS yet? Had you seen wet racing in GTS yet? had you seen any animation from GTS's track yet? if no, why you sounded like you know GTS inside out already ?

Had you played Assetto Corsa to be complaining about its online feature? you should open your world and embrace other hardcore sim before you jump into the conclusion that everything else other than GT is sheaatt based on your perspective. fanboyism or not, you are sounding absurd.

Considering ALL previous GT games have supported these (and havent we already seen track animation in GTS, people moving in willow springs?) are you really going to claim we can't say GTS will? Going to suddenly claim PD can't code a racing game engine now?

And yes, I have owned AC since its early access and I just finished playing it. I have played everything out there.

Posting outright falsehoods is against the AUP.

What are you on about now?

==================================================================
- wish I was allowed to double post, the below content is truly separate.

So I went to the PS Experience today in Saitama, Japan. I must say I wasn't impressed with GTS's presence. I couldn't find it at first, I missed the whole 2m by 3m floor space dedicated to GTS (why'd they even bother?..).

I got 10 mins this time and chose the same track and car combo as the last time I played GTS, the new MX5 at the ring. Honestly it felt the same to me as the Shibuya event. I chose time attack and no assists again, the car was very alive. Just about every corner I was correcting, so much fun. I spun once, I held a long drift but the rear wheels touched the grass on the outside then it was all over. I think I did the same thing the other time also. The physics really do feel nice. The sound I could barely hear so no comment there. The graphics... were horrible. Something was very wrong with this build. There was this crazy screen door effect attacking game objects, I have never seen anything like it. However the tokyo track others played look good (still some screen tearing though, but less of it)... Dunno. But they did something to the ring graphics, broke them.

When I got back home I just straight on Assetto Corsa and played the same car and track.

AC vs GTS

I was about 1min faster in AC than in GTS, even accounting for my spin in GTS. Granted much of this time comes down to me being much more familiar with AC and using my own wheel etc, but ACs stock MX5 has stacks more grip. I almost never get out of shape in the MX5 in AC but in GTS it's constantly moving when driven hard. Which is more realistic? Who knows. GTS was more fun because I love cars that move, but this is personal preference.

Twice the car number added in the first year? Really? The game gonna cost 1000 euros of DLC lol. I think this is also a misunderstanding

Every update were free on GT6, but that's like 50 cars. We are talking about 250-300 cars in a year, and even if 70% are free, that seems to be a lot of money to add anyway. This doesn't sound realistic at all.

Each car would take months, I don't get how PD would get those amount of cars on time.

Every update were free on GT6, but that's like 50 cars. We are talking about 250-300 cars in a year, and even if 70% are free, that seems to be a lot of money to add anyway. This doesn't sound realistic at all.

Several months ago,somebody told me that several sourcing service studio would help Kaz to develop the game in china.
I didn't believe her at that moment.

Is 'overtaking' not a skill worth learning in racing?

The whole game doesn't revolve around FIA regulated match-maked racing.

I could see PD doing concurrent 3D model build, they may have 140 100% ready completed since late last year or mid this year, but the rest are 50-75% complete and are under progress ( 260-360 cars ) PD may prioritize cars that are crucial for Sport Mode, while the rest of them may be released bi weekly ( 10-20 cars each time ) to keep the game interesting / alive like how other games doing DLC run for a year, only this time PD may give them all for free ( I highly suspect the rest of the cars are returning premium from GT5/6 as super premium, GT6 new premium were already higher in quality than GT5 premium, they may be build with super premium target but downscaled for GT6 )

I can't see PD charge money for the same model previously released in GT5 and GT6.

What are you on about now?

Probably this falsehood:

Yet when Assetto Corsa comes along everyone will be happy to pay the price for its couple of tracks and a few cars

Unless they've redefined the meaning of the words couple and few that just isn't true. It has 98 cars and 14 locations.

Aren't you one of the ones complaining about GTS not having the traditional career mode? Either way you can't complain about it not being the same then complain about it being the same.

I was disappointed that it didn't have a single player career mode, if you'd read my posts you'd also see I did not want a copy of the GT1-6 career.

Back