8. Circuit de la Sarthe (1)
  9. Monza (2)
  10. Spa (1)
  11. Silverstone (3)
  12. Bathurst (1)
  13. Red Bull Ring (1)
  14. Grand Valley (2)
  15. Tsukuba (1)
Really hard to decide where the cuts would be, however you do it you're losing some big popular tracks as well as the tracks that didn't seem like they'd need much work to get to PS4 standard. To get to 19 it was easy to cut away the old PS2 tracks but to get to 15, not so easy.

There is also no room for more new tracks unless you cull the old tracks even further. Could they skip Sarthe owing to its size, maybe Grand Valley if they're going to cut away all old fictional tracks?

Doesn't the Nurburgring have 5 variations? Nordschleife, 24h, Type V, GP/F and GP/D

There's also 6 versions of La Sarthe in GT6 (which is complete bull btw).

Remains to be seen of course but I'd say the location reduction will be just for launch (I guess they would rather meet their launch date with a few less tracks than delay the launch). I would expect the 4 dropped locations will still arrive via updates after launch. I can live with that.

So what could it be now?
  1. Northern Isle Speedway (1)
  2. Brands Hatch (2)
  3. Willow Springs (2)
  4. Nurburgring (2)
  5. Unnamed dirt track location (4)
  6. Tokyo (2)
  7. Suzuka (2)
  8. Circuit de la Sarthe (1)
  9. Monza (2)
  10. Spa (1)
  11. Silverstone (3)
  12. Bathurst (1)
  13. Red Bull Ring (1)
  14. Grand Valley (2)
  15. Tsukuba (1)
Really hard to decide where the cuts would be, however you do it you're losing some big popular tracks as well as the tracks that didn't seem like they'd need much work to get to PS4 standard. To get to 19 it was easy to cut away the old PS2 tracks but to get to 15, not so easy.

There is also no room for more new tracks unless you cull the old tracks even further. Could they skip Sarthe owing to its size, maybe Grand Valley if they're going to cut away all old fictional tracks?
Tokyo is probably 1 layout. Often wrong-way driving the highway will occur in Japan. Design reminiscent of them is not desirable.

Kaz has said that "about 15 locations and 27 layout".
I think that there is a possibility to change.

F1 coach, no known F1 cars... Offline pleasure, oh I am definitely buying this, seriously I will. There could be a slight delay while I add content to my bank account. No worries...

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. The competition is so though nowadays with every racing game developer having stepped up their game (T10, Codies, Kunos, SMS, Reiza, Sector 3..), that i wonder if the GT series is able to even get close to what they are offering in terms of realism and options.

I guess photomode (or scapes) and the physics will be good, but there's so much more that you need to provide nowadays in order to keep up with whats on offer in the racing game genre, that i can't see PD doing it.

And apart from that their netcode will have to be excellent too, as they are going all out for the online thing. A pretty daunting task overall, and even with greatly reduced content and 3 years in the bag i doubt they will pull it off.

Just my 2 cents of course but if it ends up like a half arsed game again, they should be ashamed seeing they have such a huge budget compared to the rest.

http://www.a9vg.com/201607/9939283131.html
Kaz was interviewed in Hong Kong several hours ago。I translated the most important answers into English。

”Sport Mode" is very friendly for new comers. the rookies of racing game need not to worry about the extreme
difficulty which often appears on other racing games, they can enjoy the game first. With the help of a delicated mechanism, the racing techinique level of new comers will be increased naturally and quickly.

PD plans to hire a professional F1 racing coach to work for the game. Once a gamer win the chance to enter the finals pf FIA-Gran Turismo Championships,he/she will be trained by the hired F1 coach before the finals begin。

PD have prepared a lot of offline gaming contents to make the old fans happy, the traditional pleasure of GT series is still there.

Kaz will appear in Shanghai this afternoon,maybe he can tell us more at that time。
I'm just hoping that Sport Mode will cater for the fast drivers who are not new to the series. Like me, who has been playing GT for almost 10 years (which is more than half my life!) and wants to have a challenge. PD saying that they have prepared content for the old fans is good to hear, but I will believe it when I see it, so I'm not taking it seriously right now.

Damn, I didn't realized about track reduction few hours ago. Seriously, SONY should DELAY this game at this point! :(
Losing 4 track locations is really fatal reduction, esspecially for GTS that already planned to have less content than previous GT and still charge us to pay $60.

Yet when Assetto Corsa comes along everyone will be happy to pay the price for its couple of tracks and a few cars (even after 5 DLC packs...), pointless and short career mode and IF it's like the PC version, terrible online setup. Why does GTS get grilled for things totally acceptable (and more extreme) in other games?

Anyway I am off to play the game today where I will judge it again based on what it is rather than what is said or written about it. Strange concept hey?

Last edited:
Yet when Assetto Corsa comes along everyone will be happy to pay the price for its couple of tracks and a few cars (even after 4 DLC packs...), pointless and short career mode and IF it's like the PC version, terrible online setup. Why does GTS get grilled for things totally acceptable (and more extreme) in other games?

Anyway I am off to play the game today where I will judge it again based on what it is rather than what is said or written about it. Strange concept hey?

Simple, PD is bigger than Kunos and some other dev, of course I expect more from PD. Also, my problem is they promised 19 locations but then they reduced the content to 15 locations because deadline.

Yet when Assetto Corsa comes along everyone will be happy to pay the price for its couple of tracks and a few cars (even after 4 DLC packs...), pointless and short career mode and IF it's like the PC version, terrible online setup. Why does GTS get grilled for things totally acceptable (and more extreme) in other games?

From a small studio with not even 1/10 of the budget that PD has, which delivers better physics, FFB, race day realism, sounds and a descent offline mode? Online racing works very good too on our PC's.

Well I'm pretty sure at least 90% of the budget went to Kaz's choreographer. How else do you think he can pull of these kind of moves!?

His moves were very smooth so those 30 million bucks surely payed off :D

Simple, PD is bigger than Kunos and some other dev, of course I expect more from PD. Also, my problem is they promised 19 locations but then they reduced the content to 15 locations because deadline.
But the games cost the same amount of money...

So?... You don't get bonus points for being a small team nor do you get a discount for buying off a small team. What is on the disc is on the disc, who cares how it got there?

Also you are getting more for the bigger team. Assetto Corsa simply can't do what GTS can. For example you cant have night racing, the engine only supports one light source. You cant have rain, engine doesn't support it. You cant have any animations on the track apart from a few flags because the engine doesn't support it... And the list goes on. You are already getting the benefits of a big team.

From a small studio with not even 1/10 of the budget that PD has, which delivers better physics, FFB, race day realism, sounds and a descent offline mode? Online racing works very good too on our PC's.

Oh so you have played the final version of GTS and know this? Have you even played it at all?

Also you are getting more for the bigger team. Assetto Corsa simply can't do what GTS can. For example you cant have night racing, the engine only supports one light source. You cant have rain, engine doesn't support it. You cant have any animations on the track apart from a few flags because the engine doesn't support it... And the list goes on. You are already getting the benefits of a big team.
Night racing means jack **** when the whole formula is outdated.

Oh so you have played the final version of GTS and know this? Have you even played it at all?
I'm sure the physics will be nice and you can take pretty pictures of the 100 or so cars in the game, but i'm willing to bet it will fall terribly short in every other aspect apart from that. They do have the bad track record already, so it won't be a surprise to most that they will fall short again.

You prefer a beer or a my little pony avatar? :sly:

My understanding is that AC is actually cheaper. GTS is expected to retail for $60US, and AC is up for $50US.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013XBAPFC/?tag=gtplanet-20
Interesting, over here GTS is $79 and AC is $85 on the PS Store, but for some reason AC includes the "Performance Pack DLC", which features three additional cars - Ferrari 488 GTB, the Audi R8 V10 Plus and Corvette C7 Stingray.

So over here they are pretty much the same I guess? For some reason I can't find anywhere with both standard editions of both games.

Don't mind if I give some reports so late here lol.

I was also there when Kaz gave an introduction of the game. One thing he mentioned regarding campaign mode was that it would even include more difficult missions like overtaking all cars within three laps. There will also be more in-depth tips on driving various tracks (which should be to help players learn faster).

Then on the 'Sportsmanship' part, Kaz described it like how the rules in GTA Online are. Drivers with poor manners (he was emphasizing this word the whole time) will be grouped together to play instead. The funny thing is that he actually said to fans that every player should've once been bumped in online races,admitting the prevalence of the problem. Supposingly to tackle so (although he stated the aim was to introduce new players to play like professional racers), motorsports regulations will be shown in game (maybe during Campaign mode?).

At last, photo mode seems to have evolved quite a bit. Other than having 1000 backgrounds estimated by Kaz, there is also a new function which will blur a certain part of an image to provide a sense of speed (almost all we fans gave a 'wow' when we witnessed how good it could convey that feeling).

One thing Kaz said during the Q&A part was that he felt like going back to the GT1 days when working on this game, and he hpoe that fans will anticipate the game as much as he does.

So?... You don't get bonus points for being a small team nor do you get a discount for buying off a small team. What is on the disc is on the disc, who cares how it got there?

Had your seen night racing in GTS yet? Had you seen wet racing in GTS yet? had you seen any animation from GTS's track yet? if no, why you sounded like you know GTS inside out already ?

Had you played Assetto Corsa to be complaining about its online feature? you should open your world and embrace other hardcore sim before you jump into the conclusion that everything else other than GT is sheaatt based on your perspective. fanboyism or not, you are sounding absurd.

Last edited:
Before the interview, I was also able to play the game having queued up for an hour and a half. There are some things that I got from that little five minutes play time with 458 GT3 and Nord.
First on sound part, engine sound still has a long way to go, yet it is no longer annoying (not so vaccum cleaner like ). Tire sceeching wasn't really heard other than the two times I spun out. Let's hope this will get improved in the following months (Kaz said that their schedule would be to finish the game before October).

Then to the physics aspect, I put ABS on 1 instead of 0 as I was unfamiliar with the game, and the T3PA-pro and T300RS were placed too near compared to the ones I used(other than my pedals being T3PA only). To me, the ffb sure has received an upgrade, yet the car seemed a bit understeery. For more than half of the corners I couldn't stay on tack without feathering the throttle (maybe that's because I was wearing shoes instead of playing with bare foot :P ). If the ffb is really comparable to Assetto Corsa like Inside Sim Racing mentioned, it should be really great, especially with a proper replica tune like Ridox provides (not advertising ;) ).

That's about all I got about GT Sport. I put other time queuing for FIFA 17, Deus Ex and some Japanese games...

Before the interview, I was also able to play the game having queued up for an hour and a half. There are some things that I got from that little five minutes play time with 458 GT3 and Nord.
First on sound part, engine sound still has a long way to go, yet it is no longer annoying (not so vaccum cleaner like ). Tire sceeching wasn't really heard other than the two times I spun out. Let's hope this will get improved in the following months (Kaz said that their schedule would be to finish the game before October).

Then to the physics aspect, I put ABS on 1 instead of 0 as I was unfamiliar with the game, and the T3PA-pro and T300RS were placed too near compared to the ones I used(other than my pedals being T3PA only). To me, the ffb sure has received an upgrade, yet the car seemed a bit understeery. For more than half of the corners I couldn't stay on tack without feathering the throttle (maybe that's because I was wearing shoes instead of playing with bare foot :P ). If the ffb is really comparable to Assetto Corsa like Inside Sim Racing mentioned, it should be really great, especially with a proper replica tune like Ridox provides (not advertising ;) ).

That's about all I got about GT Sport. I put other time queuing for FIFA 17, Deus Ex and some Japanese games...

Thanks for the write up. Its should be understeery i guess. After all it had tons of aerodynamic pushing down the car body and with Slick tyre. Actually do you turn off the ASM? because tat day one of the member here tried it in Indonesia with GT academy personnel doing all the setup for him, its appeared ASM is turned on.

Do you notice any chassis sound or the car bottom grinding the road kinds of sound? or just plain engine noise?

Last question, had you play AC before? is it really similar with GTS ffb?

Yet when Assetto Corsa comes along everyone will be happy to pay the price for its couple of tracks and a few cars (even after 5 DLC packs...), pointless and short career mode and IF it's like the PC version, terrible online setup. Why does GTS get grilled for things totally acceptable (and more extreme) in other games?

Posting outright falsehoods is against the AUP.

Thanks for the write up. Its should be understeery i guess. After all it had tons of aerodynamic pushing down the car body and with Slick tyre. Actually do you turn off the ASM? because tat day one of the member here tried it in Indonesia with GT academy personnel doing all the setup for him, its appeared ASM is turned on.
It shouldn't be understeery if it's tuned properly.

Do you notice any chassis sound or the car bottom grinding the road kinds of sound? or just plain engine noise?

Last question, had you play AC before? is it really similar with GTS ffb?

Well, for assists, I only looked through the settings once given the little play time. I don't know if I have them all off (didn't move down) but I tried :P . If I can go there again, I will make sure of it. For the chassis and grinding sound, it doesn't seem to be present, but that might be due to people chatting in the back. Would also check that again if I will go there.

At last, I never played Assetto Corsa myself, so I could only quote others who should be objective enough.

Well, for assists, I only looked through the settings once given the little play time. I don't know if I have them all off (didn't move down) but I tried :P . If I can go there again, I will make sure of it. For the chassis and grinding sound, it doesn't seem to be present, but that might be due to people chatting in the back. Would also check that again if I will go there.

At last, I never played Assetto Corsa myself, so I could only quote others who should be objective enough.

thanks for the reply. Its pretty crazy for queuing 1 and half hour thou. maybe if you go again you should try other road cars and see how it feel :P

Interesting, over here GTS is $79 and AC is $85 on the PS Store, but for some reason AC includes the "Performance Pack DLC", which features three additional cars - Ferrari 488 GTB, the Audi R8 V10 Plus and Corvette C7 Stingray.

So over here they are pretty much the same I guess? For some reason I can't find anywhere with both standard editions of both games.

Yeah, the closest I could find was these two:

$90 - https://ebgames.com.au/ps4-214122-Assetto-Corsa-PlayStation-4
$100 - https://ebgames.com.au/ps4-212775-Gran-Turismo-Sport-Bonus-Edition-PlayStation-4

Both have extra stuff though. I suspect AC is going to be slightly cheaper wherever you buy it, but the modern penchant for cramming pre-order bonuses onto everything makes it confusing.

Saw him in real person yesterday

Attachments

• 13652920_1337185439642850_8243116966758206482_o.jpg
    13652920_1337185439642850_8243116966758206482_o.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 13686739_1337185436309517_7870207965906954666_n.jpg
    13686739_1337185436309517_7870207965906954666_n.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 13735646_1337185552976172_2020851485093879068_o.jpg
    13735646_1337185552976172_2020851485093879068_o.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 13767167_1337185609642833_1615214077525233230_o.jpg