Gran Turismo Sport Players Will Help Develop the Toyota Supra

Love this!

I'd start off with adjusting 1st gear. It's useless during a standing start. I, personally, set off in 2nd gear, TCS 0.

The car lends itself to cosmetic changes. Wonder if GR AUTO(not a typo) makes a debut in GT Sport. :)

Love this!

I'd start off with adjusting 1st gear. It's useless during a standing start. I, personally, set off in 2nd gear, TCS 0.

The car lends itself to cosmetic changes. Wonder if GR AUTO(not a typo) makes a debut in GT Sport. :)

That has more to do with the game physics, that short first gear in an auto transmission would do very well in the real world with standing starts.

The only problematic thing I see is gearbox - automatic with too short gears. But I know that building a car like this (not electrified true sports car) with today's restrictions is a great achievement and the gearbox is necessary concession.

Here is my original comment in the "Gran Turismo: General Discussion" thread. Pay to play would help.

The other thing that needs to happen is a logical feedback structure so Toyota engineers and designers are receiving useful information, and GT Sport users aren't wasting time.

If this is hype to promote the car, it will generate a bunch of negativity through the community, as unfortunately some are already predicting. If, however, there is a feedback structure and updates suggested by the GT Sport community are in evidence on future iterations, it should assuage the doubters.

But it shouldn't be anyone's goal to be an unpaid consultant, that's why higher purses in the Supra Cup would help on gaining quality feedback. We're talking about in game credits. That shouldn't break the TRD bank.

Last edited:
#FakeNews - Toyota will never do that. I'm sure they'll use like 4 TRD (or Gazoo) nerds that like the game and that is all.

Also, the rather big problem they have with the car can't be solved just with "post-launch updates" or whatever. They messed from the very start and they topped it all off with a huge marketing failure. Either the consumers are getting dumber or the new "Supra" will sell worse than the Chevrolet SS (and that car was good!).

#FakeNews - Toyota will never do that. I'm sure they'll use like 4 TRD (or Gazoo) nerds that like the game and that is all.

Considering Tetsuya Tada, Gazoo Racing's chief engineer, ask Kazunori Yamauchi for GT Sport players help, I'm not sure how that's fake news. It's about as direct of a source as you can get. Plus @Famine doesn't really have a habit of making things up.

Oh, and nevermind that the GTP team was actually in Paris and participated in a number of the events.

Considering Tetsuya Tada, Gazoo Racing's chief engineer, ask Kazunori Yamauchi for GT Sport players help, I'm not sure how that's fake news. It's about as direct of a source as you can get. Plus @Famine doesn't really have a habit of making things up.

Oh, and nevermind that the GTP team was actually in Paris and participated in a number of the events.

Sorry but in which case should the GTS players help. The physics and bop in GTS are far away from the real world. :) Total joke;)

To have and give an opinion , we need to start on the same base and speak about the same things. I will never drive a Supra in my life for sure to be able to give my 2 cents about it.
On the other hand , i would love to see Fernando Alonso talking about how far those real car behaviors are still sticking to it in the game version.

@Famine @Joey_D --- I'm saying TOYOTA is releasing fake news, not you. This is just a marketing move to appeal to gamers, they might not change a thing and it's sure they won't use real GT Sport players.

Object: Toyota, gamers help.
To: Toyota, or M. Toyoda (or his brother Yoda, but I think he is in martial art business).

Dear Toyota Company,

Our requests are:
- We noticed the Supra don't have small flip-flops on the central mirror (useful to see if we are turning left, right or upside down). It is a safe system to drive during summer

- Could we have a Supra Vin Diesel Edition? with the 26 speeds gearbox?

- If our Supra windshield wipers are tired, could we replace its by a Swiffer dust broom (or a toilet broom)?

- Our huge gaming experience with the Supra reminded us the car smells a lot pizza and beer (no relation to the fact that I'm eating pizza and beer I think). Same feeling with other cars but only Toyota asks us...

Thanks

The SHGS.

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back