Gran Turismo Sport Update 1.62 Arrives, Adds Toyota GR Yaris

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Rangeraus, Nov 6, 2020.

1. 05XR8

05XR8

I wish(oh, that's right, I have wished).

A "Granny's" car, per the discussion.

AgentBlackDog and HaydenFan69 like this.
  2. fastone371

fastone371

Sport uodate probably means it will be awhile before GT7 is released, bummer.

3. HaydenFan69

HaydenFan69

Oh, it'd sell. But like many race specials, it'd never actually be used. But yeah, you'd have to treat it like an early supercar. The current set up leads to a high potential for tuning. And hopefully nobody really thinks this will be a collector item and throws a big turbo on it; an ECU tune.

And do rally cars run special fuel?

What I think people need to look at with this car is that it's a 3 cylinder. A big 3 cylinder (1.6 liter), but I cannot recall many cars with such a configuration, let alone any which are performance minded. That is awesome. Get's great mileage for the power, and maybe can show Toyota, the next 86 could be a full factory project. Or think about a return of the MR2? Maybe a bit of Toyota fandom, or because I spent today running the numbers to how I can buy one of these (will list my condo if need be), but unlike the Focus RS or a STi, it is a purpose built car. Like the Evo 1, the Quattro. And it's a Toyota, so unless you drive it like you think you're Ogier, it'll just keep chugging 'til infinity.

JEverettL likes this.
  4. 05XR8

05XR8

Over here, the first lot of GR Yaris were sold at $39k. The next lot will be sold at the normal price $45k-$49k. Sales slowed immediately. So, while it's rally bred, it doesn't have two extra doors like the GTI, Type-R and i30N, for similar prices.

It's way above the Polo GTI and Fiesta RS, but we'll see if sales, at least, stay steady.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    AgentBlackDog likes this.
  5. O604

O604

I love how generic the interior looks. Classic Toyota. I think there's a TCS, ABS button near the e-brake. And maybe the dial above the shift knob.

[​IMG]

6. 05XR8

05XR8

This just happened. I want one.
    IMG_20201112_151540.jpg IMG_20201112_151515.jpg

7. HaydenFan69

HaydenFan69

Look at the dials. Like they pulled them from a late 90s Camry. Like @05XR8 said, the 3 door does set it back, but this is ultimately what I think the consumer wants in a performance car. Simple and crazy.

AgentBlackDog and O604 like this.
  8. Quakebass

Quakebass

The only thing I’m not happy about with this car is that it won’t be sold in the US.

I may be acquiring one of its legal forefathers in the near future though...

9. 05XR8

05XR8

Anyone in NZ see an update to Add-Ons?

10. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

upload_2020-11-12_0-4-24.png

Didn't expect to see myself getting one of these ready again for a while, but here we are.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    ProjectF, Quakebass, Jordan and 8 others like this.
  11. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Thats even more simple than my 2015 Camry.

Ddkklop and AgentBlackDog like this.
  12. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

I like how the tried to make things a bit more upmarket with a colour dash screen and a piano black HVAC control and tablet but everything else looks like a $13,999 special.

Ddkklop and AgentBlackDog like this.
  13. raghza

raghza

Ughh. I'm sure it's a great car and hopefully it will be fun to drive in GT Sport too, but that interior... there is absolutely nothing nice there.
    Luckily I drive in bumper view and don't have to see it :D

14. DemioXDTourng

DemioXDTourng

But you could say you got an unrestricted engine!

15. Famine

Famine Administrator

You can with the GR Yaris already. It's not a restricted version of the WRC engine, it's a completely different engine.

The WRC engine is just not suitable for routine road use (nor viable for wider scale manufacture, or for Toyota to warranty).

VXR likes this.
  16. unit-one

unit-one

Yeah, there's a TCS\ABS button near the hand brake and the dial near the gear shifter is a 4WD\ drive mode mode select.
    I like the digital instrument cluster that is available for a normal Yaris better. The dials in this GR are really similar and even more simple than on my GR SPORT and the limited edition GRMN.

17. DemioXDTourng

DemioXDTourng

They could make it as some Track/Rally-only sort of thing with the WRC engine though.

18. HaydenFan69

HaydenFan69

Just contact Toyota about buying one of their rally cars then.

But like mentioned, while it would sell, it’d just be too much. Easily a $500k+ USD car then, but probably closer to a cool million. Then you’d have the typical cost of a race car. So add $2-3k every time you track/race it for tires, fuel, and the rest of the consumables. Then the cost of an overhaul every 500-1000 miles. So another $20k there.

I get what you are trying to say, but this isn’t about a simple crate engine. You are saying the word race. Race adds zeros to the end of the price tag to anything dealing with it. Which is simply not going to work from a business sense, or a common sense standpoint for one of the worlds largest companies.

19. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

The WRC car uses a turbo 1.6 four of an origin not specified... I would guess its a cousin of the 2.0 four in the JGTC/SF19 class.

This would be a $50k plus engine by itself and would not pass road emissions or longevity or cost on any level.

20. 05XR8

05XR8

Still nothing in the Add-Ons. 1.5 hours before the update, Thought there'd be a picture of the car at least.

21. meekrab

meekrab

They are almost certainly not very similar, WRC are power limited via an air intake restrictor whereas SF uses a fuel flow limiter, the two lead to very different engine design tradeoffs. Not to mention the SF engine is surely a stressed chassis member where the WRC engine is almost definitely not.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  22. dwolff

dwolff

Anyone want to speculate about refinements for ps5 use in this update ? Psvr enhancement patch ?

23. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

I quite like the look of it. Unfortunately in game I can't see it being of much use unless it gets the Supra Cup treatment

24. HaydenFan69

HaydenFan69

It would be fun in a Daily A race against the STi and Evo. Though, not sure what category the Yaris will fall under.

25. 05XR8

05XR8

It's N300. 100,000Cr. Real life top speed, is limited to about 150mph. It may be about as quick as the 22B. I feel that's its main rival in this game.

AgentBlackDog and HaydenFan69 like this.
  26. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Maintenance has began so its up.

sirjim73 and AgentBlackDog like this.
  27. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

btw. there are two quasi 'performance' mass market 3 cyl cars.

There used to be a Caterham Lotus 7 w/ a 3cyl but the only ones I heard of that are 'normal' is a Ford Focus ST w/ a 3cyl. 1.5 turbo - but they charge the same for a four...

And BMW made a 3cyl 1-series (the 115i???) and that at least is RWD.

HaydenFan69 likes this.
  28. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Update is out. 313.9 MBs. Took only 6 seconds to download so not much to find here.

29. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5 Premium

People with PS5 are LUCKY. With PS4 it's yet another 30 second download then 30 minute copy.

barak181, Victoria H and Ddkklop like this.
  30. Stephan

Stephan Premium

And now the PS Store shows the thumbnail for the car. Very late compared to the usual time.

[​IMG]