Gran Turismo Sport's Next Update Arrives June 4

I don't think anyone's real name vs. your PSN ID will stop the jackhole driving. Some people believe that they are "better" drivers based upon their DR & win count. The horrible penalty system simply encourages dirty driving (bullying). People who bully someone in chat by making comments that violate PSN terms deserve to be banned, permanently.

I don't think it'd change the driving of anyone. But the issue is more that people would go beyond PSN messaging and to their FB, IG, social media.

Like many things beyond video games, some people just find comfort in negatively effecting other people.

But past something we'd never see on a console game, I have a feeling this update has to do with the BOP update.

Let me fire up GT Sport, see what cars are on the leaderboard for Nations and do some laps before I go to bed, I can get my Daily Marathon in and unwind a bit and-

"Copying update file"

Oh.

Maintenence is underway so you won't be able to see anything in game or on the website until that is completed

They reduced bumper car physics!

Main Features Implemented
1. Sport Mode & Lobby
 - The amount of shock during contact between cars in a race has been reduced. There will now be less deflection off of another car after a contact. (The amount of shock during contact between cars in Lobby races remains unchanged.)

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Fixed an issue in the Livery Editor with the 'MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT' wherein the racing car number placed on the bonnet appeared distorted;
- Fixed an issue with the 'MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT' wherein applying the car settings or Balance of Performance (BOP) in Regulation Settings on an oval track incorrectly changed the engine sound.
- Various other issues have been addressed.

1. Sport Mode & Lobby
 - The amount of shock during contact between cars in a race has been reduced. There will now be less deflection off of another car after a contact. (The amount of shock during contact between cars in Lobby races remains unchanged.)
Aww, that was always my favourite thing racing against @sturk0167 :(

1. Sport Mode & Lobby

I'm afraid that invites ppl to ram/ be uncautious even more

I'm afraid that invites ppl to ram/ be uncautious even more

Dirty drivers will be dirty drivers regardless. The problem for a long time has been clean drivers, or drivers trying to race cleanly, accidentally giving a slight tap that results in the other car pinballing off the track. This often leads to an escalating situation as the driver perceives the tap to be a deliberate ram. I haven't seen the new physics yet but lessening the effect should be a good thing.

I'm pretty sure the copying files things is just Gt Sport although it's been a while since I updated another game on the PS4

When I played more often on the ps4 other games certainly never went through that process.

I'm pretty sure the copying files things is just Gt Sport although it's been a while since I updated another game on the PS4

When I played more often on the ps4 other games certainly never went through that process.

Many games do that. Seemingly the ones that are updated regularly.

The copying process is actually rewriting the entire game install.

With a game the size of GT Sport this can take while.

They reduced bumper car physics!

1. Sport Mode & Lobby

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Fixed an issue in the Livery Editor with the 'MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT' wherein the racing car number placed on the bonnet appeared distorted;
- Fixed an issue with the 'MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT' wherein applying the car settings or Balance of Performance (BOP) in Regulation Settings on an oval track incorrectly changed the engine sound.
- Various other issues have been addressed.
I like the idea of this if it works, seems a very experimental thing though if it's only for sport mode and not including lobbies. Now I have my pedals back (finally!), I'll have to take what is going to be my daily race account for a few spins to see if I get smashed off track or just nudged

If the update size is just over 340mb why has my update failed saying I have to delete 18.12GB out of space. I just got rid of Resident Evil Resistence which was 24gb and that's still not enough. What's going on?

If the update size is just over 340mb why has my update failed saying I have to delete 18.12GB out of space. I just got rid of Resident Evil Resistence which was 24gb and that's still not enough. What's going on?
The PS4 filesystem requires you to have enough free space to copy the entire game you're updating - because that is precisely what it does.

Is it not specific to GTS?
No. Mark Cerny even made specific mention of the fact that games on the PS4 (and PS3) do this, and that they won't on PS5, during his tech presentation.
I don't remember having that kind of issue with any other game...
GTS is very large, and updated often.

Back