• Thread starter mister dog
  • 62 comments

mister dog

(Banned)
Belgium
Spain
misterdog
misterdog7
Simple; post the wheel settings you use on here and don't forget to mention which wheel you are using.

(I'll contribute when my CSR returns from Germany after repairs
Crying_emoticon.gif
th_EmoticonWhineViolin.gif
)

So far I have only set my G27 up to feel right with the touring cars...

FFB: On
Vibration Strength: 50%
Wheel Strength: 100%
Wheel Weight: 100%

Multiturn: Off

The above feels good with endurance class cars too, may need some tweeking for open wheel or drifting.

Also, to calibrate your pedals properly, when the game loads up and you get to the 'press start button' screen, before pressing start fully push down on your accelerator and then brake pedal.

As you do this you will see the Grid AS logo move backwards and forwards with each pedal push to confirm that your pedals have been calibrated (full throw of each pedal recognised).

Advanced wheel settings are standard excerpt for cockpit wheel off.

Last edited:
Logitech G25
Deadzones: all 0%
Saturation: all 100%
Linearity: 4
Multiturn: ON
Set wheel rotation to 450 degree (racing) or 670 degree (drifting)**
Wheel vibration/strength/weight: 50%/50%/50% (old setting), 20%/100%/0% (NEW setting)

**See this thread how https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/

That's the closest I can get to 1:1 steering with similar feel to Gran Turismo. You can mess around with wheel rotation and linearity to suit your driving style. Smaller rotation (<450) will need lower linearity (0-2). Larger rotation (>450) will need more linearity (6-8). The open wheel cars are the most sensitive to steering changes, so use them when fine tuning your setup 👍

EDIT: Physics change v1.2 makes the driving feel more natural now. Back again to 100% saturation.

EDIT 2: Added alternative FFB settings for a more "pure" feeling. With these settings GAS feels better than GT6, no joke. It's a very close feeling to rFactor without RealFeel.

Last edited:
Has anybody had any luck getting the feeling right with t500rs on pc? I'm struggling to find good settings for autosport.
I'm currently on my usual Codies setting of 450 degrees, 30% vibration, 80% force, 0% weight, linearity sliders on 100, no dead zones. But I suspect I should try 360 degrees or trying altering linearity.

RD has a thread on the T500RS with various alternatives: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/grid-autosport-thrustmaster-t500-rs-settings.89509/

Where do I find the settings for the wheel. I go into the options and all I see is settings for the DS3. I'm lost. :dunce:

Where do I find the settings for the wheel. I go into the options and all I see is settings for the DS3. I'm lost. :dunce:
I don't have the PS3 version, but you should get an option to choose from present control settings and see G27 in the list. If not, try turning off the DS3 and just starting up the game with the G27 attached.

I don't have the PS3 version, but you should get an option to choose from present control settings and see G27 in the list. If not, try turning off the DS3 and just starting up the game with the G27 attached.

Alright, thanks. :cheers:

You guys having problem with the AI being tools? I mean, they pick a line hold it, and not car if you're already their. It could be just the ps3.

You guys having problem with the AI being tools? I mean, they pick a line hold it, and not car if you're already their. It could be just the ps3.
Some are worse than others (Ravenwest or whoever your rival is
smiley-angry018.gif
) but if you get fully alongside they generally give you room. It's when you stick your nose 3 feet in front of their rear bumper they'll just turn into you. Race them like you'd race in real life and keep an eye out for your rivals and Ravenwest and they generally act like real drivers.

Finally got to play the game this weekend and this morning... I played with the wheel settings a bit and for PS3 and DFGT this is what I liked best with my DFGT on default 900deg - only tried touring and street cars so far.

Force Feedback = On
Vibration strength = 60%
Wheel strength = 100%
Wheel weight = 70%

Steering deadzone = 0%
Steering saturation = 65%
Steering Linearity = +4
Throttle Deadzone = 0%
Throttle saturation = 100%
Brake Deadzone = 0%
Brake Saturation = 100%
Interior wheel = off
Multi-Turn = On

I first had multi-turn off and it seemed a bit too touchy then i turned it on and it was not nearly sensitive enough.. so I keep updating it..

Edit - I keep updating my settings - increasing the saturation and adjusting sensitivity by increasing the linearity gives a better feel.

Also, I was trying to use the actual in wheel settings with pressing start+select then square triangle X or O but it did nothing on my DFGT - maybe I have the wrong firmware.

Last edited:
I'm currently on my usual Codies setting of 450 degrees, 30% vibration, 80% force, 0% weight, linearity sliders on 100, no dead zones. But I suspect I should try 360 degrees or trying altering linearity.

RD has a thread on the T500RS with various alternatives: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/grid-autosport-thrustmaster-t500-rs-settings.89509/

I tried your settings with 360 degrees and it felt better. Maybe it just takes time to get used to the feel of this game. Been mainly playing project cars and assetto corsa and maybe the ffb effects in gas are just that much different?
Don´t know how to explain it, but something in the feel of the ffb isn´t accurate enough or something like that.

I tried your settings with 360 degrees and it felt better. Maybe it just takes time to get used to the feel of this game. Been mainly playing project cars and assetto corsa and maybe the ffb effects in gas are just that much different?
Don´t know how to explain it, but something in the feel of the ffb isn´t accurate enough or something like that.
Switching from AC is a big change, definitely. I find GAS takes me a number of laps before I'm really steering properly. I think actually a lot of the problem is with ABS disabled the car will lock up the fronts very easily and yet gives poor feedback on that, making it guesswork how much brake to use, and that in turn makes the steering confusing.

I tried 360 degrees myself but as usual I prefer a little more lock, 360 is too twitchy for me. I might even try 900 with some linearity changes, see if I can figure out a good setting there.

Switching from AC is a big change, definitely. I find GAS takes me a number of laps before I'm really steering properly. I think actually a lot of the problem is with ABS disabled the car will lock up the fronts very easily and yet gives poor feedback on that, making it guesswork how much brake to use, and that in turn makes the steering confusing.
Drive with ABS on i would say. Won't be the same challenge of course, but IRL you would at least feel the brake pressure properly which it seems you don't in GAS. I have it on (driving with a DS3 at the moment), and it doesn't take nothing away from the pleasure as you can still overshoot corners and head straight on by braking too late.

I'm looking for some preferred/recommended wheel settings for PS3 and G27. Looking for something that feels relatively close to GT6. Also, what exactly is this MULTI-TURN function....should it be on or off. Thanks.

I'm looking for some preferred/recommended wheel settings for PS3 and G27. Looking for something that feels relatively close to GT6. Also, what exactly is this MULTI-TURN function....should it be on or off. Thanks.

Multi-Turn means the wheel will go around say more than 180deg... when I turned it off, my DFGT would only go from 6 o'clock to 9 o'clock (180deg) was very sensitive.

For the G27 - I would follow the instructions for setting the wheel to 450deg rotation by pressing the buttons on the shifter. And leave Multi-Turn on. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/

Also I really don't think it will feel anything like GT6 - people have tried on different wheel types and just offer up the advice that the FF on Grid does not feel the same. I like Vibration at 60-70%, Wheel Strenth = 100%, and wheel weight 60-70% as of my last session this morning.

Finally got to play the game this weekend and this morning... I played with the wheel settings a bit and for PS3 and DFGT this is what I liked best with my DFGT on default 900deg - only tried touring and street cars so far.

Force Feedback = On
Vibration strength = 60%
Wheel strength = 100%
Wheel weight = 70%

Steering deadzone = 0%
Steering saturation = 45%
Steering Linearity = +1
Throttle Deadzone = 0%
Brake Deadzone = 0%
Brake Saturation = 100%
Interior wheel = off
Multi-Turn = On

I first had multi-turn off and it seemed a bit too touchy then i turned it on and it was not nearly sensitive enough.. so I figured that a saturation of 50% of 900 deg would be 450 deg .. then fine tuned with +2 steering linearity. -

Edit - I have updated my settings a little and it feels better.. with 45% saturation and +1 linearity. Only problem with running 45-50% saturation with Multi-Turn=ON is the wheel will keep turning even though you have reached the end point on the car which can be a pain while trying to recover from a slide and prevent a spin.
Also, I was trying to use the actual in wheel settings with pressing start+select then square triangle X or O but it did nothing on my DFGT - maybe I have the wrong firmware.
On the Dfgt, its unfortunately locked to 900 degrees. We cannot alter it like one can on the G27 and the G25.

If you have a Logitech G25/G27, look up my settings a few posts up. The feedback is pretty dull compared to GT (game related, can't do anything about that), but the steering responsiveness is as close to 1:1 as you can get 👍

I tried using 900 deg and saturation at 50% but it feels like the FFB detail has been reduced somewhat. So I'll stick to locking wheel rotation from the hardware if you can.

On the Dfgt, its unfortunately locked to 900 degrees. We cannot alter it like one can on the G27 and the G25.

Select + R3 + Right Paddle Shift: 900° to 200° (and vice versa)
Select + R3 + Left Paddle Shift: FFB from 60% to 100% (and vice versa)

At least those are the keys to switch modes on a DFP, I don't know if that works for a DFGT also.

Select + R3 + Right Paddle Shift: 900° to 200° (and vice versa)
Select + R3 + Left Paddle Shift: FFB from 60% to 100% (and vice versa)

At least those are the keys to switch modes on a DFP, I don't know if that works for a DFGT also.
Tried as you said on the DFGT. Unfortunately it does not work. Stuck with 900 degrees. I've tried a while back from the gt5 days to decrease the rotation on my dfgt.

I tried using 900 deg and saturation at 50% but it feels like the FFB detail has been reduced somewhat. So I'll stick to locking wheel rotation from the hardware if you can.

I also am finding that I keep opening up the saturation and increasing the linearity - it gives a better feel - I wish my DFGT would allow the hardware lock.. oh well. I think I am also getting used to the different FFB in GAS vs GT6.

How is the feeling and FFB in general in those wheels?

They did a pretty good job in the vibration department for a DS3 so i wonder what the wheels give.

Force Feedback = On
Vibration strength = 60%
Wheel strength = 100%
Wheel weight = 70%

Steering deadzone = 0%
Steering saturation = 65%
Steering Linearity = +4
Throttle Deadzone = 0%
Brake Deadzone = 0%
Brake Saturation = 100%
Interior wheel = off
Multi-Turn = On

I first had multi-turn off and it seemed a bit too touchy then i turned it on and it was not nearly sensitive enough.. so I keep updating it..

Edit - I keep updating my settings - increasing the saturation and adjusting sensitivity by increasing the linearity gives a better feel.

Just like to say these setting's are perfect:tup: I couldn't get it quite nailed but these are spot on thanks.:bowdown:

g25.png

I have a G25.
I set the rotation lock to 675 degree manually according to the pic;
60% steering saturation;
Steering linearity 2.

How is the feeling and FFB in general in those wheels?

They did a pretty good job in the vibration department for a DS3 so i wonder what the wheels give.

For the DFGT it is different than I am used to.. but with enough playing around and just getting enough time in, it feels rather good. The touring cars are the most fun to drive I think and feel the best.

Last edited:
The more I play the more I like it and the more I get used to the feel. I am now playing with 100% wheel saturation and +5 linearity. The force feedback feels better with higher saturation, to me anyway. It is rewarding and feels good man. Sadly though, I struggle to keep up with the lead packs when racing online. I am just not that good.

Force Feedback = On
Vibration strength = 60%
Wheel strength = 100%
Wheel weight = 70%

Steering deadzone = 0%
Steering saturation =100%
Steering Linearity = +5
Throttle Deadzone = 0%
Brake Deadzone = 0%
Brake Saturation = 100%
Interior wheel = off