Group C cars in Gr.1 (POLL)

Should Group C cars have their own group?

• Total voters
Gr1 is an absolute joke category in my opinion. I hate it as it is right now.

The mixture of LMPs, VGTs and now GRC cars is terrible.

I would in fact at least take the Group C cars into their own group now and would also take the VGT cars out of GR1 and put them on GRX afterwards.

I'm not happy with having Gr. C and LMP in one group, yet the VGT Gr. 1 cars are still annoying me more.

I guess one problem for PD could be the fact that there are only three daily races and they don't want extend that in order to keep player numbers high enough for each. If they now introduced a lot of groups, you would see each individual group only very rarely in the rotation.

Otherwise, the natural separation of Gr. 1 would be Gr. 1 C, Gr. 1 VGT, Gr. 1 LMP and Gr. 1 LMP Hy.

One solution could be multiclass racing. I'd certainly be happy about that.

I get the feeling when a car gets classified, then its staying there...........
FOREVER!!!

On the surface I'm fine with as many cars being grouped together as possible but others have made great points about how badly developers have been at properly balancing cars and how this problem exponentially increases when you try to funnel as many different cars as possible into one class. I also can't help but wonder how badly the car characteristics are altered to accommodate this balance. Essentially, it seems like it would create the worst of both worlds. The balanced car will lack the character of its real world counterpart while the whole class will never truly be balanced narrowing the functional car selection to just a few cars, defeating the desire to have as many cars as possible into one class.

It just feels like that they are trying to have one car from each manufacturer in Grp1. I still hate it when people pick the BS vision cars that don't exist. Id like to see Group C separate with GTP, then also adding GT1 cars from the 90's which would be a problem because they aren't fast enough for Grp1, they would probably be between Grp 2/3 in today's racing. It would be great if you could select cars that are NOT allowed into your lobby room so people didn't enter with a BS vision car.

They have created many problems that they won't bother to solve now. Also, I'd still love to see DTM cars in Grp 2 (and yes i know they aren't as fast in real life as Super GT, it would help show the interests in Class-1 racing on a global scale).

Some say that the insertion of Group C in class Gr.1 would be for each brand to have a car in Gr.1.
Okay. But this way?

I would prefer that the PD assigned each Brand to create a fictional car LMP1, just as the PD itself did with some cars Gr. 4 and Gr. 3.

Like this

6d8e4a9ddecd69c32d92c97591794150.jpg

I do not like the VGT Cyberpunk look.

Last edited:
Maybe with the changes to BOP they could make it work. For now it doesn’t look good at all.

No. They're just way too different, not the same driving style at all. The only advantage Gr.C cars have is top speed, the rest is way under what LMP1 hybrids does. Even if you manage to get them to have similar lap times - which will be possible only on one track at a time anyway with those differences - it would be like racing a shifter kart against a dragster : Gr.C cars overtaking everyone in the straights, but then slowing down in corners where others can go flat out. Remember how everyone was annoyed by the Megane Gr.4 when it had 105% power ? It would be even worse there. This is not the kind of things that works well in racing.

VGTs aren't that much of an issue themselves, since they can basically spec them how they want to match the class. It's just weird PoDi didn't threw working hybrid systems on them.

After spending some time reflecting on it, even though i would still rather have them in their own class, it does make sense that they would be Group 1. If you come to think of Group 1 as a collection of automobiles that hit certain performance goals, unlike Groups 2, 3, B and sort of 4 which are much more organized with stricter guidelines, it might actually end up benefitting the group as a whole that there are many different types of cars occupying it.

I would also say that the successful integration of decades-old prototypes would allow PD to consider bringing back other GT classics like the GT1 cars, LMP900 cars and maybe even the Suzuki Pikes Peak cars since they don't have to necessarily fend for themselves in Group X or have their own tiny obscure class.

My opinion:

Gr. 1: LMP1s and private teams (Rebellion, Manor, ByKolles)
Gr. 2: Super GT; DTM, DPis, LMP2 and GT1 (BOP)
Gr. 3: GT3, LMGTE-Pro, FIA GT (Macau)
Gr. 4: GT4 cars, Megane Trophy (BOP), WRX TT Challenge (BOP).

Gr. A: Hill Climb Cars (Suzuki Escudo, Pegeout 208 T16 etc.)
Gr. B: Rally Cars
Gr. C: Old Group C Prototypes
Gr. D: Nascar and Stock cars
Gr. E: Karts
Gr. F: Formulas
Gr. N: Street Cars
Gr. X: VGTs e others.

Last edited:
I would prefer that the PD assigned each Brand to create a fictional car LMP1, just as the PD itself did with some cars Gr. 4 and Gr. 3.

Isn't that what Vision GT Gr.1s are supposed to? I get you don't like the "steampunk"ness of it, but...

Isn't that what Vision GT Gr.1s are supposed to? I get you don't like the "steampunk"ness of it, but...
They are not. For a serious game, the VGT cars are out of the way. They look exaggerated, somewhat childish.

In addition to that the majority of the VGTs are technologically impossible to exist, with that performance and aerodynamic force. At least for the current technology.

So if it's to make fictional cars, I'd rather have PD do the same as it did with Mustang Gr. 4 or Pegeout Gr. 3. Two cars plausible to exist. Right?

Therefore, it is more elegant to create fictional cars P1, within the rules of the WEC. Even to make the game elegant and immersive. No mess!

As I said, most VGTs are impossible to maintain the same performance as LMP1. Physically. Besides having a futuristic movie look. It's a little silly.

As is the Bugatti VGT itself. Although it is a car that exists in real life, everyone knows that their performance in the game is purely fiction and ridiculous.

It is impossible for the Bugatti VGT with its physical structure to be competitive against an LMP1.

For example. It was better to do something serious and mature, like this:

mazda-team-joest_3.jpg

Than to make a "wow-so-cool-dude" and batmobile new generation, like this:
hqdefault.jpg

Others examples:
Realistic (Nissan like):
42410250236089.58cad7fae389c.jpg

Silly (Star Wars movies):
maxresdefault.jpg
It's unnecessary! The game loses its tasting!

I have nothing against the VGT program. Actually, I do not like to insert the VGT cars in the Gr.1 competition.

VGT cars should be Gr. X. If they were to play, its compete in the lobby or "single brand".

I believe it would cost nothing to PD to create LMP1 fictitious. She could pick up the Porsche 919 as a base, change some performance attributes. Ask for some Mazda designer, Mercedes, Ferrari, to imagine your LMP1 (rules WEC). That simple. It would cost nothing! It would even be easier to make a car like that than scanning a real car.

PS: I quoted the Mazda to be honest. Well along with Hyundai, are the most "normal" cars in the cast of fiction-science cars (VGT).

Last edited:
I believe it would cost nothing to PD to create LMP1 fictitious. She could pick up the Porsche 919 as a base, change some performance attributes. Ask for some Mazda designer, Mercedes, Ferrari, to imagine your LMP1 (rules WEC). That simple. It would cost nothing! It would even be easier to make a car like that than scanning a real car.

The original Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.B cars are possible because they are based on a base model road car. PD can't just make a Gr.1 car out of nothing, that's where the LMP-style VGTs kicks in (i.e. manufacturers input). You can't also take another LMP and "change some performance attributes", every Gr.1 car has to be unique.

The original Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.B cars are possible because they are based on a base model road car. PD can't just make a Gr.1 car out of nothing, that's where the LMP-style VGTs kicks in (i.e. manufacturers input). You can't also take another LMP and "change some performance attributes", every Gr.1 car has to be unique.
Even though PD always tweak cars to suit, they could make one from scratch. I'm sure with their modellers and data, an in house design is possible.

I'd certainly rather divide these cars up into their own categories rather than have the cluster:censored: we have now. VGTs and race cars that are 20+ years apart in age is just a mess.

I'd certainly rather divide these cars up into their own categories rather than have the cluster:censored: we have now. VGTs and race cars that are 20+ years apart in age is just a mess.
For sure. Having the One Make option is a tease. The past games had 80s, 90s car races. Wouldn't be hard to group cars appropriately.

If they can sort what cars are allowed to race in GT League, surely they can do that to Sport mode as well.

I don't mind all grouped but it's just weird seeing the group c with the others. Gr.2 only has 3 cars come on lol.

If they can sort what cars are allowed to race in GT League, surely they can do that to Sport mode as well.

I don't mind all grouped but it's just weird seeing the group c with the others. Gr.2 only has 3 cars come on lol.

It only has 3 cars in real life...

Also, for the sake of trying to get the Megane in, when there's already a designated Gr. 4 Renault, PD could have kept it strictly One Make. After all, they do give us One Make Sport Mode races. :dunce:

There is no such rule. This logic goes against the very insertion of VGTs in Gr. 1. After all, they are cars invented from nothing.

The Road Car model only fits the basic silhouette. It adapts to power and weight, and that's it. And it invents the aerodynamic pieces.

The creation of cars Gr. 4 is based on the rules of the GTS modality, having as guideline the GT4 and the performance of other cars of the category.

Although Pegeout and Mustang are real cars, their specs are all fictitious, but possible. Because they are based on real cars, like the cars of other brands.

Hence, it is much more COHERENT and EASY to create fictional LMP1, based on the dimensions in real cars such as Toyota and Porsche, than to create a random vgt with designs and specs invented and removed from the topper hat; without physical and technological criteria, but based only on cool and stylish looks.

Last edited:
There is no such rule. This logic goes against the very insertion of VGTs in Gr. 1. After all, they are cars invented from nothing.

The Road Car model only fits the basic silhouette. It adapts to power and weight, and that's it. And it invents the aerodynamic pieces.

The creation of cars Gr. 4 is based on the rules of the GTS modality, having as guideline the GT4 and the performance of other cars of the category.

Although Pegeout and Mustang are real cars, their specs are all fictitious, but possible. Because they are based on real cars, like the cars of other brands.

Hence, it is much more COHERENT and EASY to create fictional LMP1, based on the dimensions in real cars such as Toyota and Porsche, than to create a random vgt with designs and specs invented and removed from the topper hat; without physical and technological criteria, but based only on cool and stylish looks.

You don't understand. What I am saying is that each Gr.4, Gr.3, or Gr.B car have their road going equivalent (I'm not talking about the mileage exchange road cars), even if they're not in the game yet (see: the Beetle or the Scirocco (and don't get me started with the complication that is FT-1); the rule doesn't apply to Gr.1 cars.

You don't understand. What I am saying is that each Gr.4, Gr.3, or Gr.B car have their road going equivalent (I'm not talking about the mileage exchange road cars), even if they're not in the game yet (see: the Beetle or the Scirocco (and don't get me started with the complication that is FT-1); the rule doesn't apply to Gr.1 cars.
No. It's you who does not want to understand. You're grudge to understand. Come on!

Look! VGT are IMPOSSIBLE cars. PHYSICALLY and TECHNOLOGICALLY impossible to run against LMP1.

Mustang Gr. 4. It's fictional too. BUT it is a POSSIBLE car to be built.

This is difference.

The proof is that no one opposes the fictitious cars of category Gr. 4; but some oppose the insertion of VGTs in Gr.1.

Pay attention:

I'm basing myself on the factual possibility. In the physical and technological coherence of the existence of the car.

VGT are IMPOSSIBLE cars to exist and compete with true LMP1. The Mustang Gr. 4, yes, is a plausible car to exist.

Use logic, my friend.

Fictitious Mustang Gr. 4 = Fictitious Ford LMP1 Ford Gr. 1

Fictitious Mustang Gr. 4 # Ford VGT (futuristic cars).

Answer me:

Which car is the easiest to build and possible to run in WEC?

This one:
7535255992198771d94ff4581bdc9d67.jpg

Or This:

Chevrolet-Chaparral-2X-Vision-35.jpg

Back