GT F1 Car's Photo Thread

• Thread starter Rac3rX
  • 172 comments
MJW
Indycars drive on ovals (and this year for the first time on street tracks :crazy: ).They don`t really need to get off the pedal on a oval.These cars are fully made for oval racing (better aerodynamics).This gives them a higher speed.
Formula 1 races don`t have ovals,so the speed is lower.They need to brake,and need more downforce for cornering.This brings down the speed.
What I want to say is that Indycars are only faster on ovals,because they go flat out with less downforce and better airflow than a F1 car.That`s why these F1 cars can`t go that fast.

Thanks. ;) Yes, it was with Indy cars, "Indy Racing League", man those cars were fast and loud. Before the race, just outside the stadium under a tent they had a car out there to look at and sit in and stuff. On the sign sitting next to it, it said the car had about 635hp, can't remember how much torque.

MJW
Indycars drive on ovals (and this year for the first time on street tracks :crazy: ).They don`t really need to get off the pedal on a oval.These cars are fully made for oval racing (better aerodynamics).This gives them a higher speed.
Formula 1 races don`t have ovals,so the speed is lower.They need to brake,and need more downforce for cornering.This brings down the speed.
What I want to say is that Indycars are only faster on ovals,because they go flat out with less downforce and better airflow than a F1 car.That`s why these F1 cars can`t go that fast.

thanks 👍 didn`t know so much, until now ;)
I like the Formula 1 better though, but I don`t like the thing that Formula 1 has become. Like in Indy, you can really get to know the pits, the cars and perhaps the drivers. In Formula 1 you gotta pay a whole lot of money for that. And you know that in past F1 drivers were playboys, they were preparing therselves for the race by having sex with groupies, drinking hectoliters of champagne and screwing around. Today we have got machines, not humans. There is no spirit in F1. Maybe the things will get better with the new rules in 2005 season. I see that they finally have managed to produce the rules that can slow down the Ferrari team. :) it`s not fair, why couldn`t they allow him one more title? :sly:

Some of the F1 drivers say that some corners are better than sex when you go flat out trough it,but they say that because they don`t have that much experience beside racing............

Ok,seriously,F1 is the best racing series there is,they say..
I think F1 kind of sucks.It costs to much,it has banned some really nice things (ground effects,CVT,more than 4 wheels,turbo engines),the rules are sick (if you have all the F1 cars painted white you would need a few seconds to see wich car is owned by wich team,because they all look the same for the biggest part).
And than we got Bernie Eclestone..........That son of a *not nice lady* is paying all the top teams more than the lower teams.Especialy Ferrari,they get the most,just to keep them in F1.

Take Indycars and other open wheel racing series.There is much more fun in other series.Most of the time all the cars are the same.Only difference would be the driver and his setup.There are 1000 times more actions on the circuit because of this.

The GT4 cars just rule!They are all the same.All the things depend on the driver (a-spec or b-spec).I had a hard time at some circuits in that championship,but at Tokyo I just went to fast.This is what makes it fun.Fighting for championship points.The only thing I don`t think is realistic is when you get of the gas pedal.It holds it`s speed!!!!!!A real F1 would slow down a lot when you go of the gas.
The top speeds are realistic.A F1 of 2004 could reach 370 km/h or 230mph.
It`s all about drag from the aerodynamic elements that keep them from going faster.I am shure that a F1 without wings would go 100km/h or 60mph faster at top speed.

formulagt9kc.jpg

inferno
Hey guys, their is an easy way to get a number of f1 cars. I hope this works, since i'm most of the way through it. But go to formula GT and do all but the last race. then save and restart the ps2. Using the PS2's browser, copy that game save onto as many other cards as you have, then load up one card, start and exit out of the last race and restart the consul until you get one of the corlors you want. save, load up the next card and repeat. once you have one all the colors you want buy them onto your main card.

[EDIT]

EXTREME HALL:
Formula GT World : Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89

DANGIT!!!

Well it still works for those of you with the japanese version of the game right?

I think your thinking of GT3, the only race you can win is a 24 hour race, Its a single race, you dont win a F1 from the GT4 Formula 1 race seiries in GT 4 you win the Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9 Race Car 89.

Do you win a F1 in the Formula 1 seiries in the Japan Game?

Keep the Pic comming guys, But please Stop Replying to the Black Car pics, The pics reapear in your post and its becoming redundant, if you like them the most quote them without the pics in the quote, Thanks

Rac3rX
Keep the Pic comming guys, But please Stop Replying to the Black Car pics, The pics reapear in your post and its becoming redundant, if you like them the most quote them without the pics in the quote, Thanks

yep I love the shots of the F1 cars and keep them coming, but please don't quote 9 full-sized pics, I only need to see them once in each thread. :)

There's enough variation in the colours that you can at least pretend you have a Ferrari or a McLaren or an Arrows. Even the green and yellow car is reminicent of the old Lotus cars - or do i have them confused with something else in that livery?

Brock5000
yep I love the shots of the F1 cars and keep them coming, but please don't quote 9 full-sized pics, I only need to see them once in each thread. :)

There's enough variation in the colours that you can at least pretend you have a Ferrari or a McLaren or an Arrows. Even the green and yellow car is reminicent of the old Lotus cars - or do i have them confused with something else in that livery?

Thats What Im Saying, people, just reply and delete the photo from the quote please,

Thanks Yall, keep them comming.

Does anybody know how many diferent couleur F1 cars there are in total?

Man! I love the white Mobil car! I guess cause my favorite color is white. And is that a silver one I spy? Now that's hot.

f1angle.jpg

f1upon1.jpg

f1nice.jpg

I just won mine this morning. I wanted the orange one....but I guess this will do. Its better than that purple one I suppose :yuck:

3rd? Is that all, time to go and do cutting and get all my F1's in the 1 pic. And while I'm doing that I'll start it for the 5th time, trying to figure out if I can geet a lower fuel consumption due to alteration to the settings, I want my Pitwork to do 5 laps instead of 4. I hope my F1's look good together.

Here are 3 nice ones from me.These are not photoshoped ore something like that.These are straight from the game. :)

Attachments

• IMG0023.jpg
    IMG0023.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG0024.jpg
    IMG0024.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG0021.jpg
    IMG0021.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 18
Back