GT for PS Vita?

• Thread starter TCE
  • 96 comments

TCE

biohazardzombie
Are they going to change anything in it for the Vita? Is the 2nd joystick going to do anything?

If they do release they will probably revamp the whole gane with much better graphics and a career mode also probably detailed cockpits on some cars and a NEW and USED dealership not just 3 manufacturers a day..... because the Vita is a VERY powerful device and should handle all of this (Thats if they release on Vita)

they definitely should. I'm thrilled about Vita so far, and I'll probably be one of the people in line to be first to get it.

I'm definitely looking forward to GT on the PSVita. Somehow GTPSP is more immersing to me than the console versions. Even if they only port GT4 (With a physics tweak, of course) or GT5 I'd deeply satisfied.

Well, I'm looking forward to the launch of the PS Vita (sounds like a ladies deoderant), and I hope that there will be a next generation GT portable game to go with it, even if it was a mini version of GT5 I'm not fussed

I really hope so too that a Vita GT will be there some day. It makes sense to not mention it too early like they dit wit GTpsp.

They will probably make a GT for Vita since Sony owns PD and it'll be a opportunity for Sony and PD to profit. If they make it, I hope it sells well so they can use that money to make awesome. If they release it and it doesn't profit much then I'll consider it a waste or time and resources on PD. If they do make it for Vita it should only contain premium cars, every premium that they've model up until it's release. Also they should tweak GT5's physics engine for it. (there were premium cars scraped for GT5 :( )

"If they do make it for Vita it should only contain premium cars,"

I disagree. I love how GT5 has hundreds and hundreds of interesting cars to play with. GT3 had only 180 and I don't want to get back to that era.

They should model all the premiums they can, but still provide the standards too as a bonus for the people who love all kinds of different cars.

Remember, you aren't getting less this way. you're getting more. You can stick to premiums when you play if you like.

MM1000
"If they do make it for Vita it should only contain premium cars,"

I disagree. I love how GT5 has hundreds and hundreds of interesting cars to play with. GT3 had only 180 and I don't want to get back to that era.

They should model all the premiums they can, but still provide the standards too as a bonus for the people who love all kinds of different cars.

Remember, you aren't getting less this way. you're getting more. You can stick to premiums when you play if you like.
The Vita doesn't have the processing power of the PS3 so I think scraping the standards would make the game load faster and in GT PSP the standards looked horrible with blacked out cockpits. I think that there was over 100 cars that were meant to be in GT5 but were scraped for certain reasons, so even if they only put premium cars there wouldn't be a lack of cars in the game. I respect your opinion though, but I think if the Vita version of the game only has premium cars then the game will feel as awesome as GT5 Prolouge!

"The Vita doesn't have the processing power of the PS3 so I think scraping the standards would make the game load faster "

I don't think standards would make the game load slowly.

I agree they don't look great on the GT PSP, but that's not an apples to apples comparison. If we're talking the standard models in the GT5 game (a more realistic prediction for what the standards would look like on Vita), I'm not sure it's a big deal. Many of the standards in GT5 look excellent.

"but I think if the Vita version of the game only has premium cars then the game will feel as awesome as GT5 Prolouge"

I think that's a valid reference point. But like I said, you could have your smaller number of premiums and just ignore the standards.

"I respect your opinion though"

Thanks. Same to you.

MM1000
"The Vita doesn't have the processing power of the PS3 so I think scraping the standards would make the game load faster "

I don't think standards would make the game load slowly.

I agree they don't look great on the GT PSP, but that's not an apples to apples comparison. If we're talking the standard models in the GT5 game (a more realistic prediction for what the standards would look like on Vita), I'm not sure it's a big deal. Many of the standards in GT5 look excellent.

"but I think if the Vita version of the game only has premium cars then the game will feel as awesome as GT5 Prolouge"

I think that's a valid reference point. But like I said, you could have your smaller number of premiums and just ignore the standards.

"I respect your opinion though"

Thanks. Same to you.

Now that I think about it, since the Vita is running at a lower resolution, the standards would look good, but if they implicated a generic cockpit then I would love to drive all the standards. If they added all the classic tracks they've created and have had in the previous GT's I would definitely buy a Playstation Vita just for GT.

Totally agree. I don't understand why GT5 doesn't have some kind of cockpit for standard cars. It's so much more fun to drive that way.

They could just take a cockpit from a premium car of the same manufacturer. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would be OK.

The gamescom is in August, and if my memory serves me right, some insider told that PD are going to unveil something there...

I saw a thread that talked about this in the GT PSP section and it made me think, are there any plans for a Vita version of GT?

I think it would be amazing to "transfar" my save from GT5 on PS3 to the Vita and do mobile seasonal events and whatnot. Any other ideas from fellow GTP members? Thoughts?

Well....the Vita has been delayed......well done Sony. I guess there is a strong chance that GT will end up on the platform if the thing ever sees the light of day within the next 2 years.
Mobile seasonals would be a great feature.

Using the back touch pad for paddles would be cool :)

I hope it comes, but Im not holding my breath. The format of GT PSP really annoyed me after a while...

Well, it wouldn't and shouldn't be a remake of GTPSP. The back touch could be used to look around the cockpit while driving and the front touch screen is a god-send for navigating the horrible menus.

Well, it wouldn't and shouldn't be a remake of GTPSP. The back touch could be used to look around the cockpit while driving and the front touch screen is a god-send for navigating the horrible menus.
Back touch better be shifting, you ever see a real race driver looking at his beautiful interior at high speeds?

Well....the Vita has been delayed......well done Sony. I guess there is a strong chance that GT will end up on the platform if the thing ever sees the light of day within the next 2 years.

How can a device which had no release date be delayed, 2011 was purely fan speculation.

Yeah they come up with tons of cool features with what they have at their disposal with the PSVITA
Stuff like paddle shifting
Or maybe shifting with the actual shifter in the cockpit
All sorts of other cool stuff

noisiaturismo
Back touch better be shifting, you ever see a real race driver looking at his beautiful interior at high speeds?

No, but you ever see a real race driver keep his head perfectly straight? :dunce: Seriously, it'd be nice to see to the left or right in an easy manner and that'd could be done with the back touch pad.

Personally, I'd rather use the shoulder buttons to shift than just tapping the back of the console.

Any kind of career mode would be a great feature...

Why was this moved to GTPSP section? This has more to do with GT5 because if there is a GT Vita, it will tie in with GT5 and have nothing to do with GTPSP. I wish I was a mod so I could throw threads wherever I felt like. I had a reason for it being in the GT5 section, the focus being what features could be shared between the PS3 and Vita.

Edit: and why was my thread fused with another? It may be the same topic, but come on. Maybe there should be a GT Vita section :lol:

Last edited:
GT Vita as far as we know, doesn't exist. So, it's in the section which is closest on topic to it. And you see, throwing threads wherever you fee like is not how moderators work, which is why you aren't one ;)

Indeed gt portable is really good game,good enough physic,high quality of graph in amazing good 60fps,nice feel of controll if you can manage it well.In addition,it make the cockpit view for every cars,It's fun in that view though it's dark inside.

Back