GT for PS Vita?

• Thread starter TCE
  • 96 comments
well i'm thrilled because there will second stick so my playing style from ds2/3 can be played on vita. left stick steer right brake /gas with mirrors :) and in L and R manual transmision.

Problem is, this has not been confirmed by any Vita owner or web site yet. Everyone just keeps showing Uncharted. :dunce:

One thing I've always wanted on the PSP is pressure sensitive bumpers/triggers. I'm kinda bummed it's not gonna be on the Vita, at least as far as I know. Even though I'm a huge Sony and PSP fan, I don't think I'll get the Vita. It's just too big. I'd be carrying it everywhere, and I wouldn't be comfortable longboarding with a Vita, in case I fell. I think I'll just get another PSP Go, as mine was stolen like 1.5 years ago.

Bundle deal sounds nice enough. Still no news if GTPSP works on Vita however.
On the fence about the PlayStation Vita? The 3G version's $300 sticker tag does seem rather steep. However, Sony's making it a bit more enticing by offering a "launch day bundle" for early adopters. Included for free with the 3G system is a bonus "worth $55": an 8GB Vita memory card (a $30 value), one month of 3G access (a $15 value), and a free PlayStation Network game.

*I am curious about PSP games on the Vita.* Would a game, such as GT5 PSP be able to take advantage of Vita's Dual Analog controls?* Thanks. (cbrown119)*
Yes, any PSP game can be set to use the Right Stick, but I dont think that GT PSP would need it. (KChow21)

I was on ign.com and posted this question regarding the vita and gt5 psp. I was curious about how having dual analog controls would affect the PSP version. I read the answer, but I dont really understand what he means by Gt5 not needing it. Can someone explain?
thank you.

*I am curious about PSP games on the Vita.* Would a game, such as GT5 PSP be able to take advantage of Vita's Dual Analog controls?* Thanks. (cbrown119)*
Yes, any PSP game can be set to use the Right Stick, but I dont think that GT PSP would need it. (KChow21)

I was on ign.com and posted this question regarding the vita and gt5 psp. I was curious about how having dual analog controls would affect the PSP version. I read the answer, but I dont really understand what he means by Gt5 not needing it. Can someone explain?
thank you.

Since there is no GT5 on PSP, I assume they are referring to Remote Play of GT5 on the Vita.

No gt5 on psp??? I have it or maybe its just called gt psp. Either way, I think I understand what ign meant. On gt5, the right stick is not used....the left analog stick steers. Same with the psp. The nub or the directional controls does the steering. So maybe thats what they meant by not needing the dual controls...

I got a Go! I paired it up with my DS3, and I couldn't use the right stick for anything. Also, I switched to accel/brake to the triggers, but alas, no pressure sensitive input. It's only on/off. What a shame.

yeeees!!! monster hunter freedom unite! i never played that game enough, even after 300+ hours! the only reason i stopped is because of the analog stick failing, but im certain to spend another good portion of my time on this one!

that is a really bad thing. But I remember from a post earlier in this thread that there will be an option to "convert" your UMD version for a little cost to the Vita.

But indeed. This worries me.

pl-destroy
Well that would be the smart thing to do but how long do we have to wait for it this time, 3 years from now?

Considering how much PD is putting effort into releasing DLC cars for GT5...I wouldn't be surprised. But by that time, I'm sure prices for the Vita will have already dropped. :sly:

MarcoM
that is a really bad thing. But I remember from a post earlier in this thread that there will be an option to "convert" your UMD version for a little cost to the Vita.

For those who are getting the Vita soon, I really do hope that conversion option is true.

This list of games is very poorly presented by Sony.
There should be no need to worry that GTPSP won't transfer to the VITA, as this list apparantly shows which titles can be downloaded directly to a VITA-system from PSN at launch-day with more to come down the line, and not which can be played all-in-all.
This means that you can still transfer a stored PSP game from your PS3 to your VITA, and it should be playable. At least there are no reports, that I'm aware of, of PSP games not working yet, and it has been out for some time in Japan now, so GTPSP should work. 👍

Antares26
Maybe it's because they're really planning on making a Vita-specific GT....

Thats what I'm hoping, it seems like a lot of the games that aren't available for download are Sony published and already have a Vita version announced. Either way I want GT on my PS Vita and soon!

Last edited:
I'm not going to make the same mistake I did with the PSP. I'm going to wait till AFTER Gran Turismo comes out before I buy a Vita.

I bought my PSP in September of 2005, just to wait almost 4 years for Gran Turismo to finally be released.

I'm willing to bet my left nut (ok, maybe not :P) there will be a GT game for Vita.

What happend to the right one? Did it go when GTpsp was NOT a launch title after all? ;)

I do not expect anything for PD. The fact the Vita will be here next week with some cool games. I just hope that GTpsp will be playable on it.

With how SCE runs thing, GTVita will probably just copy-pasta all GT5 content and add some unnecessary functions just so they can advertise how much the world needs the Vitas rear touch panel and motionsensor.

For the sake of humanity, I hope they don't force users to only be able to use the touchscreen for menu navigation; as they currently have for the Vita menu.
Sony needs to look around and notice that touchscreens have become so much the norm that buttons are making a comeback!

I'm having fun with GTPSP on my PS VITA. I play with T500RS on GT5 and never was comfortable with controllers on GT before. But I think I'm starting to get the hang of using controller.

Back