GT for PS Vita?

• Thread starter TCE
  • 96 comments
Down the road, I wouldn't be surprised if there are at least alphas and betas of a possible Gran Turismo for the PS Vita. My guess is that there may be six or ten cars to a track and a handful of courses from GT5 (and probably some returning courses). I wouldn't be surprised if a GT is at least considered for the PS Vita. My logic is just going on the E3 2011 demo of that PSVita Uncharted title that looks as brilliant as a PS3 game. So I think it's very likely we COULD see something for the Vita in the GT realm.

I'll just leave this here:

Gwerg.png

Either photoshopped real well or legit. I might take a look.

EDIT:

Photoshopped. The whole image is.

Let's not forget playing this game on the Vita will be a pretty great experience in any case. We'll have a REAL analog stick for steering plus a bigger OLED (!!!) screen.
If they are cool, they update the PSN download so the second analog can be used for accel/brakes like on the home consoles. That would be freaking awesome.

As for a genuine GT Vita, just remember how it went with GT PSP... even if they showed a finished boxart, screens and screen icons it will probably be YEARS before we can play it.

Last edited:
Well they can at least make GTPSP $10 if they aren't going to make a portable version any time soon.

I'd like to see a near feature that allows you to set lap times in different locations. And Tag your ghost their until someone beats it.

F12011 looks really good. GT Vita should be developed by another team. Resistance , Killzone, God of War have all had good portable versions not done by the original developer.

Well they can at least make GTPSP $10 if they aren't going to make a portable version any time soon.

I'd like to see a near feature that allows you to set lap times in different locations. And Tag your ghost their until someone beats it.

F12011 looks really good. GT Vita should be developed by another team. Resistance , Killzone, God of War have all had good portable versions not done by the original developer.

You have a point there..... They where not as good as the console ones, but thats expected. 👍

a wonderful day to all GTP members..i love my PSP and PS3 because it got GT game...all other games are my rest games after racing...one of the top reason ill get PS VITA is if they would release a GT game for VITA. in my humble opinion PSPGT has got most of the best tracks you could race on...make the GTPSP graphics better, add more cars for each race, add a couple more options to tweak the cars, it would be nice if PD could add a career, make the AI just a bit better (im fine with PSPGT though), throw in trophy and a little multiplayer and it would be so nice!!! You could also port the GT5 to VITA or do "transfarring". That would be even better...we love the game, most GTP member would agree...

I really have no idea if this will happen or not but i think that PD should discontinue with the whole portable idea. They should stop wasting time on these side projects and focus on finishing up some proper new content for GT5 or just bring us GT6 as soon as possible. But PD, if you do make a GT for the PS Vita, please make a carear mode, OK? 👍

Well, I personally would love a Gran Turismo game for the Vita, since I'm in the Navy and it'd be easier to play the Vita onboard a ship than a PS3.

But on the other hand, Polyphony's got a lot of work to do if they want Gran Turismo to keep up with Forza. I think they should start work on GT6 ASAP and not worry too much about doing patches or DLC for GT5.

Well, I personally would love a Gran Turismo game for the Vita, since I'm in the Navy and it'd be easier to play the Vita onboard a ship than a PS3.

But on the other hand, Polyphony's got a lot of work to do if they want Gran Turismo to keep up with Forza. I think they should start work on GT6 ASAP and not worry too much about doing patches or DLC for GT5.

👍

I love the Gran Turismo series, and GT5 is a great game, but it could have been far better. IMO it was bad prioritising by PD witch has let many to be dissapointed by the outcome of GT5. I hope that PD releases some kind of update quick to keep things interesting because as much as i hate to say it, Forza 4 looks very tempting at the moment... :scared:

Would love to see GT of some sort on Vita.

UMDs can be transferred to Vita for a fee so I assume GTPSP can also.

UMD's can be transferred to a Memory stick by hacking into a PSP, so I assume it would be possible to play GT PSP on the Vita, only without the use of the touchscreen and the second analog stick.

I think it will be possible to either use your digital copy or a converted UMD version of GT psp on the PS Vita.

I wonder about the savegame. A copied GTpsp savefile is useless on another psp. Will this be the same if I want to play GTpsp with my savefile on the PS Vita?

If anybody sees a youtube of GTpsp played on the Vita, just let me know.

I am now really Really REALLY hoping for GT on the Vita since my wife pre-ordered a Vita for me as a birthday gift. I might have to expand my gaming beyond GT if there is no GT for Vita. I have the UMD version and don't want to hack my PSP to make an "illegal" copy of the GTpsp... I knew I should have downloaded the digital version instead, but something about having an actual box and disk appealed to the collector in me.

I am now really Really REALLY hoping for GT on the Vita since my wife pre-ordered a Vita for me as a birthday gift. I might have to expand my gaming beyond GT if there is no GT for Vita.

You make that sound like its a bad thing :dunce:

Really, some of the games on the Vita look like they will be awesome. I hardly see why anyone would complain about having to play them :)

I am now really Really REALLY hoping for GT on the Vita since my wife pre-ordered a Vita for me as a birthday gift. I might have to expand my gaming beyond GT if there is no GT for Vita. I have the UMD version and don't want to hack my PSP to make an "illegal" copy of the GTpsp... I knew I should have downloaded the digital version instead, but something about having an actual box and disk appealed to the collector in me.

There will be (or is in Japan) a service that allows you to transform your umd version to a downloadable Vita version of the game. Only a set number of games will support this. I remember reading somwhere GTpsp is one of them. Sony will charge a small amount of money from you for that.

A copied GTpsp savefile is useless on another psp. Will this be the same if I want to play GTpsp with my savefile on the PS Vita?

Then again around 630 cars in GT PSP can be shared.

There will be (or is in Japan) a service that allows you to transform your umd version to a downloadable Vita version of the game. Only a set number of games will support this. I remember reading somwhere GTpsp is one of them. Sony will charge a small amount of money from you for that.

Here's the list:

http://search.jp.playstation.com/se...tf-8&umdpass=1&detail=1&count=100&sort_date=1

I Couldn't find GT PSP on that list :grumpy:

well i'm thrilled because there will second stick so my playing style from ds2/3 can be played on vita. left stick steer right brake /gas with mirrors :) and in L and R manual transmision.

One thing i hated about GT PSP was horrible steering. Super janky Stick or d-pad ...

I love proffesionsal physic in GT PSP i just couldn't enjoy driving with DPAD

Back