GT Prologue: First Impressions

• Thread starter Rue
  • 84 comments
Not so right, finally. It should be wider than that. Bah, i'm overly critical, i guess.

Wider!?

gt4p-bmwmcclaren-03.jpg

gt4p-bmwmcclaren-04.jpg

gt4p-bmwmcclaren-05.jpg

lsfia056.jpg
lsfia132.jpg

I'd say its nearly perfect.

Originally posted by chaser_fan
There are now three camera views; 1st person, behind close and behind above far

I actually prefer the "above far" option. In GT3, the "behind close" is sometimes TOO close on some models, and the bumper cam does nothing for me.

Chaser (or anyone else who knows Mandarin or Japanese), can you post a translation FAQ with a quick translation of each of the menus and options dialog?

More questions for Chaser... =D

how were you able to unlock the GT4 video with the HK stuff? I'm dying to check it out, but I'm only half way through my licenses... do I have to complete all the licenses to get the video? also do you have to get golds on all of them to unlock the special stuff?

Originally posted by sinner
More questions for Chaser... =D

how were you able to unlock the GT4 video with the HK stuff? I'm dying to check it out, but I'm only half way through my licenses... do I have to complete all the licenses to get the video? also do you have to get golds on all of them to unlock the special stuff?

You need to complete the first lot of 'school' tests, then you get the video. This unlocks the second set of tests, where you get the McLaren F1 :)

You need to complete the first lot of 'school' tests, then you get the video. This unlocks the second set of tests, where you get the McLaren F1 :)

Really!? but I've already done that... I think... when you say the 'first' and 'second' lot do you mean the Green and Orange color-coded tests? I'm already at the Blue tests... but still no F1 or video... =I

Really!? but I've already done that... I think... when you say the 'first' and 'second' lot do you mean the Green and Orange color-coded tests? I'm already at the Blue tests... but still no F1 or video... =I

Ah-ha, I see what you're saying. I mean you have to finish all four colours, then you get the video and then another screen opens up with 25 new challenges!

The biggest question is still unasked: Is the AI improved in anyway from GT3?

I really didn't get much of a chance to race the other cars in arcade mode because I was passing the tests. The AI of the other cars in the tests is the same every time you play though, I think.

Ah-ha, I see what you're saying. I mean you have to finish all four colours, then you get the video and then another screen opens up with 25 new challenges!

oh I see... thanks chaser, you've been most helpful...

do you know if there are any bonuses for getting a lot of gold cups or in terms of the points accumulated? its taking me so long to pass the licenses cuz I keep on trying to go for the gold...or do you think I should just get all the bronze cups and get the licenses over with?

oh I see... thanks chaser, you've been most helpful...

do you know if there are any bonuses for getting a lot of gold cups or in terms of the points accumulated? its taking me so long to pass the licenses cuz I keep on trying to go for the gold...or do you think I should just get all the bronze cups and get the licenses over with?

I don't know if bonuses are awarded for all golds. I'm just banging through them getting whatever I can, just to get all the cars for arcade mode. Do it however you want to, dude ;)

After the finishing all the licences, there's no award.

There are no new game modes either, but intresting thing is that I'm not dissapointed at all. So far.

Maybe there's something for getting all the silver/gold licences. Gold junkie time is coming.

This prologued Prologue rocks. Everything is stunning and I just can't wait to lay my hands on the game again tonight. The fuel consuption test rocks. McLaren test rocks. This game kicks ass and treats in video just made me to drool and imagine what are the beauties that are waiting for us in just few months.

I just finished all my licenses but I noticed that after the lancia in the car menu, there are four empty spots... which cars am I missing???

The Toyota Triathalon race car, McLaren F1 long tail? Anyone know any other prize cars?

if you guys wanna see the other ALL GOLD prize cars check out my other thread, 'GT4 Prize Cars'. So far i've finished all the green and oranges.

i'll work on the blues tomorrow... but no promises the tests are getting harder.

-syn

Originally posted by synth61
if you guys wanna see the other ALL GOLD prize cars check out my other thread, 'GT4 Prize Cars'. So far i've finished all the green and oranges.

i'll work on the blues tomorrow... but no promises the tests are getting harder.

-syn

Ok, I get it... the four extra spots are the special cars for getting all gold for each of the licensing sections... so i guess the first two are the toyota and mazda concept cars... some of them just seem to be impossible to get gold, especially the purple licenses... best of luck synth61

Anyone notice any differences between the "street" version and "race" version of the cars in the menu after you choose your car? I did one flying lap with an Evo VIII for each version on the same circuit, but my times were identical (100ths of a second off)...

4 da Sinner: It is not car setting, those are tyres settings - streeet, race, etc.

Now this:

I'm amazed with this game. Despite the stunng graphic and sound, most important is the handling model. Now I'm into Gold Junking and with every next test I'm getting more and more amased with the job PD has done.

Taking full advantage of brake locking and steering model will be a challenge for the online time that is coming. Just imagine what the brake-locking will do for the tyre wear:).

IMPORTANT: Has anyone noticed the codes for records? After you make a time on licence, you can check the times on a records section, and when you click on a certain time, the 4-lines-code is given. Where those codes can be entered?

I hope that final game will also give codes. That will be the end of the stupid and irrelevant times of circuitt records that are spreading over the internet like a disease.

so far i've got all golds, in green, orange and tonight... blue!
the prize car for blue wasn't that cool, i think. check the other thread (GT4 Prize Cars) for a small pic of it.

is advertising other threads like this ok? if not i'm sorry. -syn

EDIT: i just finished the red tests, ALL GOLD!! pics are posted as well.

Originally posted by synth61
so far i've got all golds, in green, orange and tonight... blue!
the prize car for blue wasn't that cool, i think. check the other thread (GT4 Prize Cars) for a small pic of it.

is advertising other threads like this ok? if not i'm sorry. -syn

Yes, it's OK. You can even post a link to it, if you want to.

Can someone with prologue clear this up for me please, has anyone asked about the pit crews yet? Are there any? The Guy waving the chequered flag? Reverse Lights? What are the replay controls like? How do the time penalities work? I think thats enough for now, ill be back later with some more. oh, one more important one, whats the AI like? Do they still shunt in to you and collide with the walls and stuff?

Back