GT Sport Beta - Update 1.08

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 240 comments
It's usually just me vs Asia with the odd Aussie here and there and i think i have only raced against 1 from NZ,my pings are anything from 135 to over 200 but usually hovers between 140 to 150 + and have been disconnected a few times as well.Hopefully when land line gets here it will improve slightly,i just try and cruise around and hope not get in way if i know it's going to be like that.Nothing worse than getting slammed by a car that pops out of no where and you get 10 sec penalty.Onwards i will go and i am having fun. Also thanx for the reply.
I thought so, thats so high. Ping should be always lower than 100 to play well without lag, if possible lower than 50

Sorry about the abrupt turn in Turn 1 on lap 1 that last race at Brands, Screen temporarily froze for an instant, then resumed (lag I'm assuming). Don't want you to think it was me trying to run you off the road.

The fuel consumption races were interesting (someone should've told me that not all of them were that :lol: ). The leader ended up running out of fuel during the last lap and I had a decent race from 7th to 2nd. That alongside the tire wear adds a new dynamic to the races. Neat addition.

The fuel consumption races were interesting (someone should've told me that not all of them were that :lol: ). The leader ended up running out of fuel during the last lap and I had a decent race from 7th to 2nd. That alongside the tire wear adds a new dynamic to the races. Neat addition.

I'm currently editing a video of a 2-lap Nurburgring Gr.4 race. I injected it with a dose of Eurobeat. It was epic for me. :lol:

EDIT: Didn't go through with the Eurobeat... for copyright reasons.

Last edited:
How many laps are we talking?

Wow, so the fuel use must be accelerated quite significantly? That must be difficult to work out. Hopefully the races will be longer come release.

Of course it is. I calculate it that by a quarter distance if I have consumed less than a quarter of a tank then I'm on track. There is a lot of strategy with the tire wear as well. I've been running leaner in the sections of track with a lot of corners and/or in traffic. Seems to be working.

Wow, so the fuel use must be accelerated quite significantly? That must be difficult to work out.

Well if my night was anything to go by, you just need some steady Gas and steering input (and some damn good luck) and you'll be fine..barely :lol:

Joking aside, it has added a very interesting strategic element to the races. No longer is it just a flat sprint to the finish, its also now a game of being very mindful of your equipment and what you have left (something that thankfully, has punished the rammers from before).

Oh wow, the gr.4 brands hatch consumes a lot of fuel. Ran out during the last lap :lol:

Found out the very quickly that fuel map 3 does not work for a GR.4 car at Brands :lol: Ran out right before I crossed the line and barely finished 10th.

Found out the very quickly that fuel map 3 does not work for a GR.4 car at Brands :lol: Ran out right before I crossed the line and barely finished 10th.

:lol: 4 barely works for the Rocco. I actually set it to 1 during the start so that I overtake 3-4 cars during the first few corners. I pay the price for that at the end.

This is so much fun though.

The fuel economy races are really great yeah, it's not just driving fast that matters, sometimes you actually have to be slow to win. ;) It's quite fun as well seeing some others going full power the whole race and then running out of fuel in the end. :P I like some strategy in races and with these fuel maps it's definately awesome.

I see the next fuel economy race (here in EU) is at Blue Moon Bay, not sure how that's going to turn out. Usually don't do ovals but I'll give these a go. And indeed Tokyo Expressway finally! :) Really nice to give that track a go, don't have to care about SR that much anyway since it's the last day, good thinking from PD. :lol:

Tokyo expressway!!!! here on the last day. The outer loop. :bowdown:(Uk)
Thx that triggered me to start the beta again just before closing time. Fun to slide through the long corners. Promising track.
But still the combination of lifeless mid section of steering and the clipping at both left/right when you reach the limits with the T300 :guilty:
This was the beta for me. Enjoyed it especially in the first weeks and the period towards the beta 👍

After some races on the Tokyo Expressway I must say, the track has a nice flow with some tricky high speed corners. I wish we had early access to it. I think it would have been a blast to hammer through the tunnels with a GR.3 car.
The track is fun in the N300 group, but the track screams for faster cars with more grip. Can't wait for the full game to test this combo.:)

Edit: The Evora is great for the track. Had 3 races today and came out 3rd place in each.

Last edited:
Back