GT Sport Is Not GT7.

• Thread starter Rob-F1-Fan
  • 363 comments
I disagree with this, people will never be pleased with PD. People will always find something to complain and gripe about. PD could give everyone on GTP a new car and $400 with the purchase of their game and some people will STILL find a way to complain about it.
If that's the case, then complaining about it and asking people to stop, as people often do on here, is rather pointless isn't it?

lol. when can gtplanet move away from gt. Cause at this point it is embarrassing.
Capitalize letters that need to be capitalized, please.

Personally, I think this whole GT Sport will be too much like a full game and we will be disappointed when GT7 is released. :(

Personally, I think this whole GT Sport will be too much like a full game and we will be disappointed when GT7 is released. :(
I can't see them making that mistake. I think GTS will be a much smaller game than the full GT7, with features missing and a very limited car and track list, perhaps 200 cars or less and 10-15 tracks. As a result any career or arcade mode will be much smaller as well. I speculate it'll be more than enough to tide over the fans of the series until the full game arrives.

I can't see them making that mistake. I think GTS will be a much smaller game than the full GT7, with features missing and a very limited car and track list, perhaps 200 cars or less and 10-15 tracks. As a result any career or arcade mode will be much smaller as well. I speculate it'll be more than enough to tide over the fans of the series until the full game arrives.
After all we've been through waiting for GT6 piece meal features. . . they certainly wont make that mistake. Im confident GT7 will arrive with all the stuff GT5,6 has and more.
GT Sport however, Im having doubts it will even support the track editor app when it arrives.
GT Sport . . . im prepared to wait and see what it is . . .but, at the moment, its entire existence it seems is a beta test in disguise for GT7.
Im expecting GT Sport to have 8-10 tracks and have 12-15 cars.
I expect the campaign mode to be single player races like GT5 Prologue, because by the wording in the PS Blog, the offline experience is present, but the online experience is the main aspect.
I hope Im wrong though.. I hope we get a decent slice of a next gen GT in GT Sport.

Last edited:
It's an odd thing to say it's not GT7 when no-one knows what GT7 is (or will be). All we've really been told if you think about it is that it won't be called GT7 which we already knew ( and the implication is that there will be something else called GT7). The point being that statement doesn't really tell you anything about what it will or won't be. GT Sport will have the physics engine, sound engine and graphics engine that PD have been working on since the PS4 was developed so it doesn't really matter what you call it, it's the next iteration of Gran Turismo, simple as that.

As to what features it will have they've already announced the three game modes which sounds very similar to what we have in GT6 so it is just going to come down to cars and tracks. As has been hinted what is in the initial version isn't as important as ten or even five years ago where it was all on a DVD or Blu-Ray, because now you can download updates every few weeks which add new stuff as you develop it.

Saying there will be a Beta definitely implies a full release to follow (i.e for purchase), so you have to wonder what GT7 will be if it is going to be sold alongside this. It may end up being little more than a full roundup of GT Sport plus all the updates/DLC released up to that point.

I guess they meant GTS or something. Let me guess, it was a miss translation... Such a tiring excuse. :sly: :lol:

Don't exactly see any "Excuses" being made for that comment, unless its you being Cynical as usual.

Also, wonder if there's the possibility that perhaps the Beta for GTS being dual purpose? Maybe we aren't just beta testing for the full GTS game, but also getting a taste of GT7.

So it would appear the GT Sport will be basically what FM5 was, a cut down version of the game to fill the gap as they make the transition to next gen, but without the mistake that T10 made of labelling it as a full numbered release.

I'm not sure how I feel about a FM5 equivalent that will be released nearly three years after the PS4.

So it would appear the GT Sport will be basically what FM5 was, a cut down version of the game to fill the gap as they make the transition to next gen, but without the mistake that T10 made of labelling it as a full numbered release.

I'm not sure how I feel about a FM5 equivalent that will be released nearly three years after the PS4.

GT6 was released a month after PS4. It would be unfair for them to ditch PS3 users to buy a new console. So IMO they did the right thing.

GTS not being GT7 make sense. As it is focused on online competition and FIA championship. Not sure Forza has pitstop but GTS will definitely have it, including variable time of day and weather for race weekend with qualifying if they want to simulate GP weekend

Personally I am happy and surprised about it. GTS seems to be less like a GT, Forza game and little bit like Pcars instead

GT6 was released a month after PS4. It would be unfair for them to ditch PS3 users to buy a new console. So IMO they did the right thing.

It's not about fair or unfair. They chose to make a game for the older console.

GTS not being GT7 make sense. As it is focused on online competition and FIA championship. Not sure Forza has pitstop but GTS will definitely have it, including variable time of day and weather for race weekend with qualifying if they want to simulate GP weekend

Great.

I seem to recall people being somewhat vocal about how tiny GT5P was at the time. And FM5. If we get another game on that scale, then that's going to be...interesting. Especially after they just spent the entire PS3 generation artificially inflating their games.

As far as pitstops, time and weather, and qualifying, they're probably reasonable assumptions but we just don't know. You should probably be careful about what you say GTS will definitely have, because even things that have been announced by Polyphony to be in their games have sometimes not turned up in the past.

GTS sounds like a motorsport game than a proper GT game. So I do not get GT5P and Forza5 comparison. Only similarity is that GTS is going to have less content as one would expect from GT7.

Source please.

It is a pretty safe guess as variable weather and time of day, pitstop are there is some tracks in GT6 already.

Makes me wonder if Gran Turismo Sport is actually a reboot to the series and the devs are not admitting it yet. Ok, it's not Gran Turismo 7, but maybe it could be more than that. Even though they said "we're not announcing Gran Turismo 7 yet", are they actually saying that GT7 as a concept may not exist for the foreseeable future?

Gran Turismo Sport seems like the ideal platform for Polyphony to continuously update for the rest of the PS4's life cycle. They've nailed the hardware. All that's needed now is to expand the game with more features as time goes on. It would be an all in one platform for GT enthusiasts on PS4.

Chances are, I'm overthinking this and its something else entirely. The thing is, if they do it right, GT Sport has the potential to be the 'ultimate' Gran Turismo experience. If that is the case, they are clearly waiting for the right time to make it clear to everyone, which is why I'm curious about PlayStation Experience.

Gran Turismo Sport has been chosen with a reason. To launch a new name for the Gran Turismo series is quite something. I don't see how Gran Turismo Sport could turn into Gran Turismo 7. Why launch a new logo a new name and later refer back to it simply as Gran Turismo 7. Doesn't make sense in my opinion.

Gran Turismo Sport could be the ever expanding Gran Turismo Motorsport Platform which will be a service driven game while Gran Turismo 7 will be that classic edition of a car packed game for the enjoyment of cars in general.

Last edited:
...A rather interesting idea popped up in my head just now:

What if... this is an attempt to soft-reboot the franchise? To test the water?

And if the beta/eventual release of GTS (CM Punk might sue someone) is successful, then they can turn around and say, "this was GT7, in disguise!!"

But if it bombs, then they can say, "Oh that game? It was nothing more than an experiment. We're visionaries, see. Oh looky here, there comes GT7 proper!!"

...Don't worry, it's just my thoughts. Probably I'll forget about this post in a week...

GTS sounds like a motorsport game than a proper GT game. So I do not get GT5P and Forza5 comparison. Only similarity is that GTS is going to have less content as one would expect from GT7.

It is a pretty safe guess as variable weather and time of day, pitstop are there is some tracks in GT6 already.

Don't write guesses in a matter of fact manner then.

"GTS will definitely have pitstops, variable time of day and weather for race weekend with qualifying"

and

"I'm sure/I think GTS will have pitstops, variable time of day and weather for race weekend with qualifying"

are very different.

Makes me wonder if Gran Turismo Sport is actually a reboot to the series and the devs are not admitting it yet. Ok, it's not Gran Turismo 7, but maybe it could be more than that. Even though they said "we're not announcing Gran Turismo 7 yet", are they actually saying that GT7 as a concept may not exist for the foreseeable future?

Gran Turismo Sport seems like the ideal platform for Polyphony to continuously update for the rest of the PS4's life cycle. They've nailed the hardware. All that's needed now is to expand the game with more features as time goes on. It would be an all in one platform for GT enthusiasts on PS4.

Chances are, I'm overthinking this and its something else entirely. The thing is, if they do it right, GT Sport has the potential to be the 'ultimate' Gran Turismo experience. If that is the case, they are clearly waiting for the right time to make it clear to everyone, which is why I'm curious about PlayStation Experience.
I hoped this would be the case, but that seems unlikely now.

I never expected something clever by Polyphony Digital and Sony marketing department at all and never will when it comes to the Gran Turismo series.

I mean announcing Gran Turismo 7 for the next year as every fan in the world was expecting, NO that sure can't happen at all.

I'm tired, really tired of this "vision" that they have for the series, that thing about "making us real pilots/drivers" through the game (don't care that much if they keep it apart from what the game actually is, like in GT Academy), but is this kind of things that Kaz has in his mind that are probably going to "make the game less of a game".

I don't know about you guys but I just want to play a good racing game, with a lovely list of cars and tracks, just plain and simple.
I just want to race with those cars that I would never be able to have in real life, enjoy the sounds of them and feel them with a very good FFB in my hands and physics combo. Also all that with my current and not broken or suddenly now outdated wheel. (hope you catch that...:rolleyes:)

Is too early to say anything about the game (the "not prologue") but sure all this vagueness info from PD is pi**ing me off real bad.

How hard could it be to give proper info on their web site, or to show what they have just now...a trailer with gameplay at least to let us see what we are going to get (or what we are not going to get).

Just teasing teasing teasing and teasing,...I'm tired and getting old, GT got old to me as well.

They better bring back what made it great back in the day because as of now I have no idea what I am going to get. I'm simply lost.

FM5 was as much a part of its series as GT3 was. Moving to a more powerful console is hard work and necessitates trimming some content. PD handled the transition poorly with GT5 in my opinion, and now is the time to make good on it.

I'd welcome this. Take a page from Destiny (or, a better comparison would be Driveclub) and treat GT as a service to be constantly updated over many years. As consoles have become essentially gaming-focused PCs, developers are already hitting the limits of what can be accomplished on PS4 and Xbox One hardware, so I doubt we'll see massive improvements to graphics, framerate, and physics between GT Sport and 7 (just like the performance differences between GT5 and 6 were minor). This means you could make a game now with the idea of it being supported for the rest of the lifespan of the console and not really sacrifice anything.

I was remembering something about the whole transition between PS3 and PS4 for PT, and I see that some of you seemed to had the same thought than me.
When Kazunori announced GT6, the idea was to make everything faster. More responsive. And to bring human drama to the equation, ok....
The game was actually quite fast to load. If GT5 would've had that it would've been a completely different story for 6, but even with that, 6 felt really good but only for a couple of months...
The human drama thing, I have no idea...
But anyway, I remember that Kaz wanted to program 6 with PS4 in mind, so, apparently, they rebuild the whole code to make it upgradable in the future to PS4. That was, in theory, in order to make GT a platform in this current gen, not a numbered game, so, that way, they can just update the game with content.
I see the comments from Ryan making more sense when I think about this previous idea of making GT a whole new thing instead of a "simple game".
Oh, and by the way, it was the American producer the one who "promised" monthly dlcs.

I seriously doubt GT sport will have even 50% of the content (and modes) FM5 had

It was U.S. Gran Turismo producer Taku Imasaki who originally said "monthly track DLC", but it was Sony Computer Entertainment Europe’s President and CEO, Jim Ryan, who followed up with and doubled down on a "quantum leap in DLC"

Didn't know the Ryan part. Thanks.

On the other hand, can we expect to see, or rather hear, a first glimpse of the new sounds? I mean, I'm thinking about the whole beta thing and that makes me think about a work in progress, like, a huge one considering it's PD, so...
That being said, am I the only one who wants something similar to Raceroom or Driveclub?
I'm just remembering the sounds in Forza and those are like very gooooooooood versions of the ones in GT. They're too digital. I don't know, I feel them that way. There are good ones, but nothing sounds close to real like Raceroom or Driveclub... The first time I played DC my home theater was having an orgasm haha

• 250 cars
  • 15 tracks
  • Full Livery Editor
  • Top Gear Content
  • Full Online mode
I expect GT sport to have 75 cars and 6-8 tracks. A simplified GT5P type offline mode, and a simplified online mode as well as the FIA stuff

I expect GT5P but supercharged, which imo is still not anywhere near FM5

So "Top Gear Content" means what exactly?
A "Full livery editor" in comparison to what? (NFS?)
"Full online mode" ,,, What does that even mean? Did GT6 not have a "full online mode"?

So 250 cars, and 15 tracks?
(15 tracks? ... well I guess even FM5 could probably manage that, I guess)
So if GT Sports has beyond that we can expect your return to eat humble pie?
Or will you simply hide in the shadows, and forget your prediction?

That would be the case if the game released. I'm disappointed too with GT6 and how PD has been treating their audience, but people saying they're disappointed, or not impressed by a game that hasn't even been released? I don't understand that.. We haven't even seen really anything from GT Sport BUT that trailer. There was so little revealed I'm as puzzled to what people are so "Disappointed" about. That there weren't enough cars in the trailer? That the trailer wasn't glitter and gold with amazing "jump out your seat" graphics like PD usually makes them?

I completely agree; there has been very little concrete info released. Which is why, just as I do with the people already automatically writing off, I find those that are immediately in the "this game will be amazing" camp just as odd.

I'm not disappointed or impressed. I'm simply just anticipating the release of the game and seeing what it has to offer. Bottom line, people are trying to do a book report on a book that has no pages inside the cover and I just don't understand why. (Sorry for the lackluster analogy)

Not a bad one at all, really. 👍

I'm in the same boat. From what we know, I'm curious to hear more, but I am in no way writing the game off, nor am I rushing out to buy a PS4.

I disagree with this, people will never be pleased with PD. People will always find something to complain and gripe about. PD could give everyone on GTP a new car and $400 with the purchase of their game and some people will STILL find a way to complain about it.

I'd definitely complain about that: funny things happen with car giveaways.

:P

A "Full livery editor" in comparison to what? (NFS?)

In comparison to the complete lack of one in GT, I imagine.

Latest Posts

Back