GT Sport- Pre order thread

• Thread starter torque99
  • 374 comments
I still have it on pre order, however it's main use will be for photomode and video creation, as from a physics and racing point of view it's a way behind the rest of the field.

For real. In GTS, you can just race full-throttle over curbs as if they were part of a perfectly flat road. IRL, cars would spin and lose control, and damage their suspension components.

However, I still had more fun with GTS racing other people online than with PCars2, because PCars2 doesn't have match-making. In PCars2, the player skill levels vary greatly in most player-created lobbies, so you end up having huge gaps between drivers in the race, which makes it a bit boring. In GTS, the 22nd driver usually finishes only 30 seconds after the 1st driver; in PCars2, half the people leave the race before the end, and the last person is over a lap behind.

If SMS were to add a good match-making system with daily, fixed-setup races like GTS has, it could be the best console online racing game. But I doubt SMS will bother doing that. Besides, they still have so many bugs to fix.

I preorder it too from Amazon but it still that it shipping soon. Originally it said oct 13 it will ship. Anyone else have this problem.

They are great about getting stuff out in a day for Prime members. If UPS delivers it to my USPS, I’ll have it around noon. If UPS delivers, I’ll have it at either 10am or around 3pm.

I have ordered things that left Amazon around 5pm and was on my porch by 10am the next day.

You can use the Avatars. I see only one theme so far (grey/black one) but still says locked for 2 days

I took a screen shot of all the ones I had available 👍

20171015191544.jpg
20171015191552.jpg
20171015191557.jpg
20171015191827.jpg
20171015192041.jpg

I also use this picture as my screen Saver on tablet if anyone else wants it, it is the Official GT Sport one and also these are the Official PC Screen Savers I posted on the other thread to Share :cheers:

Last edited:
So I just saw my Pre-order was set to my old address since I ordered it a year ago. However I updated my address right after moving, but I never saw that the order was still set to the old address until now. I told Amazon about it and they said they'll just forward a note to USPS to change delivery address to my current one and told me I will get it on the 17th, but I'm having my doubts.

Has this happened to anyone else before, and if so, did your order arrive with no issue?

So I just saw my Pre-order was set to my old address since I ordered it a year ago. However I updated my address right after moving, but I never saw that the order was still set to the old address until now. I told Amazon about it and they said they'll just forward a note to USPS to change delivery address to my current one and told me I will get it on the 17th, but I'm having my doubts.

Has this happened to anyone else before, and if so, did your order arrive with no issue?
u should be fine

Anyone else seeing 2 dynamic themes? A red one and a black one (unable to download this yet). I applied the black one, but the upper menu has a weird holograph effect/bug so I went back to my particles.

I came on just to see what was up with that. Mine is doing it as well.

It leaves me slightly disappointed at what could have been and what opportunity has been missed.

I still have it on pre order, however it's main use will be for photomode and video creation, as from a physics and racing point of view it's a way behind the rest of the field.

Absolutely agree with you there Scaff. Initially I had no plans whatsoever to get the game, I totally love the likes of AC and PCARS and seeing the GT:S feature list was really uninteresting (lack of tracks, lack of dynamic time/weather, lack of vintage cars, so many content cut from GT6, ...).

I only gave the GT:S demo a try because I recently switched to unlimited broadband (had a 150GB/month limit broadband before) but it grew on me over those 4 days to the point I pre-ordered it and now look forward to it. The handling model still felt simple and unrealistic to me after 4 days of demo playing and like you said it's way behind on the other games. But there is something magic about the racing in game that makes it fun, I don't really understand what it is. Also for example that Northern Isle speedway track, I had a good laugh when I saw that track when the first GT:S media content was revealed, wondering what an oval was doing in a GT game without any Indycar / NASCAR. But it appears to be quite a fun track, it grows on you.

Also I absolutely liked the flow of Lake Maggiore. After the disappointment of the very dull Dubai track in FM7 it's quite fun to see fictional tracks done proper again, I have yet got to see any other studio come remotely close to the quality of PD's fictional tracks.

Back