GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.19)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 146 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are disgusted here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

*Post subject to change once official patch notes are released. Any Undocumented changes found on that list will be officially counted as Documented and subsequently removed as a result.

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented
1. New Cars
 - The following cars have been added:
  ・Fiat 500 F '68
  ・Jaguar XJR-9 '88
  ・Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67
  ・Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 '89
  ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96
  ・Nissan R92CP '92
  ・Renault Sport Megane Trophy '11
  ・Renault Sport Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy '16
  ・Subaru BRZ S '15

2. Tracks
 - Two different layouts of the "Circuit de la Sarthe" has been added:
  ・Circuit de la Sarthe
  ・Circuit de la Sarthe (No Chicane)

3. Campaign Mode
 - The following events have been added to the “GT League”:
  ・Beginner League "Group 4 Cup"
  ・Amateur League "World Hatchback Championship"
  ・Professional League "Lamborghini Cup"
  ・"Clio Cup" Rounds 4 and 5
  ・"FR Challenge+" Rounds 4 and 5
  ・"F1500 Championship" Rounds 4 and 5
  ・"Gr.1 Prototype Endurance Series" Round 2

- "Dragon Trail Gardens" has been added to the "Circuit Experience".

4. Scapes
 - Additional Scenes have been added to the special featured ‘Le Mans’ section.

5. Brand Central
 - Museum has been added to Dodge;
 - Additional Scapes Scenes have been added to Porsche.

6. Sport Mode
 - Player's Registration Details are now required when playing in "Sport" mode. Please fill in the registration form displayed on screen when selecting "Sport" mode. The content of the registration form is as follows:
  ・Contact email address (1)
  ・First Locale: Your State/prefecture of residence
  ・Second Locale: Your city/town/village of residence (2)

(1) Please enter a valid email address that we can use to contact you.
  (2) Towns/villages are included in "County." Also, depending on your region it may not be possible to select the second locale.
  (The first locale information is displayed in the rankings. The rankings based on the second locale and age groups are only visible to yourself, and are not revealed to other players.)

- Local Rankings, based on your place of residence, are now displayed:
  ・Local Ranking (First Locale): The registered state/prefecture.
  ・Local Ranking (Second Locale): The registered city/town/village (towns/villages are included in "County").
  ・Local Ranking (Second Locale/by Age Group): By age group in the registered city/town/village.

(Rankings by Age Group is based on the birthday registered to your PlayStation™Network account.)

- The former "World Rankings" category has been renamed "Region Rankings".

7. Lobby
 - The maximum multiplier of "Tire Wear" and "Fuel Consumption" in the [Event Settings] screen has been increased from "10x" to "30x".

8. Arcade Mode
 - In "Time Trial," the default value for the "Shortcut Penalty" option in the [Penalty Settings] screen has been changed from "Weak" to "None".

9. GT Menu
 - The "Sport Mode Registration Information" option has been added to the [Options] menu under the "General" tab. It is possible to change your contact email address and locale information registered in Sport Mode here. (The age displayed will be based on the birthday registered on the PlayStation™Network account in use.)

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- An issue wherein after Update 1.18 the neutral position on the Thrustmaster®TH8A shifter was not being applied properly has been fixed.
- A maximum number of 2000 cars can now be placed in the "Garage."
- An issue wherein the volume adjustment for items such as ‘Player Engine Sound’ in [Sound Volume] was not being reflected properly has been fixed;
- Various other issues have been addressed.
Undocumented Changes

- Sound Change to the Falken Tire/Turn 14 Distribution BRZ
- Arcade mode AI are now randomized in both Single and Custom race. Cars are no longer in the exact same order every time you race them, though this will either mean a complete randomization or a mostly partial one.
- A bug in online lobbies where the starting order listed did not match the actual starting order has been fixed.
-The cockpit position settings will now stay as you left them every you go into cockpit view.
- Penalties are now stricter. If you incur one and don't begin slowing down, the penalty will grow until you do regardless of how much of it you have.

Last edited:
can someone with ps4 pro and 4k tv test 911 rsr or other race cars in chase cam and see if exhaust flames are back?

The tires do feel different, more linear grip in corners?...but I have no conclusive evidence yet and this may just be placebo. But I did beat every time trial record of mine I tried.

Also, I was driving Alsace at the dawn TOD and noticed the arrow signs on corners were reflective. Was this always the case?

Seems to be a change to the garage thumbnails as there is a message saying Garage Thumnbails updated when I loaded up
and now it's having to reload all the car picture thumbnails in my garage, anyone idea's about this?

I also think I may have lost 3 cars but that could be the three corrupt DLC cars which have exclamation marks over
them (Corvette, Nismo GT-R and Toyota FT-1) due to licences not being recognised.

I believe track limits have changed. Getting penalties for cutting rumble strips. Still learning them as i go. It seems you need 2 wheels in line with the tarmac on the track at all times. When my inner wheels are on the rumble strips, I get a penalty.

Was this at le mans by any chance? I was just doing laps and noticed that I was getting shortcut penalties where I felt I shouldn't, but I was qualifying for race b at Interlagos before that and it didn't seem to be a problem there...

Was this at le mans by any chance? I was just doing laps and noticed that I was getting shortcut penalties where I felt I shouldn't, but I was qualifying for race b at Interlagos before that and it didn't seem to be a problem there...
Yup, just seems to be le mans so far, only been doing sport mode qually. Don't think I can cut corners on an oval to be fast so haven't tried NI

From the update notice on the website but it seems this was added not that I am anywhere close to reaching the limit
but I guess some have gone OTT on car buying?

A maximum number of 2000 cars can now be placed in the "Garage"

Do you mean accelerating from a stand still without TC?
Precisely. As you probably know, the issue with the GTS tire model is that it had 2 "modes". One at very low speed which is very weird and behaves strangely, and one after passing 40-60km/h, where it finally begins behaving like a real tire. One of the oddities with the low-speed mode tire is that for instance standstill starts (with no TC) were very hard to achieve as the tires glitched and behave wholly unnatural. This behavior however was NOT present in the GTS World Tour championship, where a bunch of races were grid-start type (with no TC) and the cars behaved very natural, just as you'd see in something like Assetto Corsa. So there DEFINITELY was a different tire model in that championship.

Precisely. As you probably know, the issue with the GTS tire model is that it had 2 "modes". One at very low speed which is very weird and behaves strangely, and one after passing 40-60km/h, where it finally begins behaving like a real tire. One of the oddities with the low-speed mode tire is that for instance standstill starts (with no TC) were very hard to achieve as the tires glitched and behave wholly unnatural. This behavior however was NOT present in the GTS World Tour championship, where a bunch of races were grid-start type (with no TC) and the cars behaved very natural, just as you'd see in something like Assetto Corsa. So there DEFINITELY was a different tire model in that championship.
Well I tried the mk3 supra with sm, still the same crappy tire model

Well I tried the mk3 supra with sm, still the same crappy tire model

Crap. Definitely no new tire model (yet). From what I understood, the tire model also changed the way the slip behaved globally, to a more smooth grip-loss, also more in line with Assetto Corsa (for lack of a better realistic sim example). In the World Tour they also showcased a few new replay cameras. I assume these are missing as well?

Big change , one that I have been bitching about since day 1
I'm proud to say
car grids are now completely random in custom / arcade race .
Tested it with five tracks .
Previously car grids were hand picked by polyphony .
That meant every #1-2 car in GT 3 was a BMW and the third car was always a GTR etc.

The best proof is Rally .
If you picked starting #2 you always got the Audi Quatro as an opponent . If you picked #1 you got a mustang Gr.b

P
Big change , one that I have been bitching about since day 1
I'm proud to say
car grids are now completely random in custom / arcade race .
Tested it with five tracks .
Previously car grids were hand picked by polyphony .
That meant every #1-2 car in GT 3 was a BMW and the third car was always a GTR etc.

The best proof is Rally .
If you picked starting #2 you always got the Audi Quatro as an opponent . If you picked #1 you got a mustang Gr.b
Cool will try shortly - always annoyed me those two BMWs

CJ

Have they tidied up the replays? Before some decals etc would look grainy or faded but now the car really pops it looks amazing. Not sure it’s not just me though?

Seems to be a change to the garage thumbnails as there is a message saying Garage Thumnbails updated when I loaded up
and now it's having to reload all the car picture thumbnails in my garage, anyone idea's about this?

I also think I may have lost 3 cars but that could be the three corrupt DLC cars which have exclamation marks over
them (Corvette, Nismo GT-R and Toyota FT-1) due to licences not being recognised.

I’m having the same problem.

When registering for sport mode, after choosing primary locale, the offered secondary locales are ridiculously limited to around six or so in the whole state of New South Wales.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just went to make a livery for my Fiat 500 & it seems that if you upload it & then you go to add more decals it takes way less time to upload it again! Seems like now it just adds the changes to the already uploaded livery & it doesn't upload it from the start! It saves a lot of time :)

Last edited:
Back