GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.32/1.33)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by RACECAR, Jan 17, 2019.

1. PerformLAB1

PerformLAB1

And even worse that they tease us by updating them!!! Oh, I know, let's use our time to update them tires that no one has a reason to use instead of giving them a reason to use them.

phil_75 and Beezer215 like this.
  2. PettyWingman

PettyWingman

Use them in Scapes.

AgentBlackDog and J24681357 like this.
  3. Beezer215

Beezer215

This might be the most cringe-worthy thing I've read and I've been making Michael J Fox jokes all day.

4. Quakebass

Quakebass

Did you ever happen to snap any shots of the snow tires in earlier versions? It'd be interesting if those got updates too.

I was able to install them from the "dirt" tab of the tuning menu in my garage (but I don't think that much is new):

20190128155221.jpg

It’s really interesting that PD have updated models/textures for assets that aren’t usable with in game content...

...Yet...?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    usmaan, Carffeine, girabyt3 and 12 others like this.
  5. PettyWingman

PettyWingman

When they had updated the wet track effect, adding the splash sound, I wondered if it was a sign that the development of wet condition is in progress... but it's slow in coming.

6. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

PD be trollin', or a preview of future update, or it's just pure laziness of not removing the code from previous games.

I find it mind boggling that even the Mission Challenges at Northern Isle infield where the road is wet, doesn't use wet tyres.

7. Castrol96

Castrol96

Probably difficult for them to have rain running in 60fps on the vanilla PS4.

What If rain arrived with Spa?

Deadheadbill and phil_75 like this.
  8. Quakebass

Quakebass

It's clearly not just leftover code, the tires themselves are modeled in full detail, and not only that, they were updated in the most recent patch. It leads me to believe that at minimum, PD had planned to use them, but weren't able to get rain/wet surfaces to run smoothly, and/or didn't have a snow track ready at launch.

The fact that there's new updated models for the rain tires makes me very curious about PD's internal developments. I don't actually recall their statements around rain, but I wonder if static weather options are on the way. It'd seem like they'd most easily be able to cram in some rain particles and altered surface textures on the existing "overcast" conditions on many of the tracks. I'd bet the holdup (if it is in fact a thing thats in the works) is making the PS4 hardware deal with added particle effects that would naturally come with wet weather.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  9. Islaygaz

Islaygaz

What if Spa doesn't arrive!

[​IMG]

usmaan, DaGiBUS, blissR8 and 13 others like this.
  10. Castrol96

Castrol96

My concern for Snow is that the rally physics were controversial and what would people say about snow?

Unless PD updates the physics? Snow is like wet but more slippery.

Also I can imagine people screaming if they gave a Snow track instead of Tarmac.

usmaan, Quakebass and AgentBlackDog like this.
  11. Aceofsquares

Aceofsquares

I feel like ABS off has improved slightly. I am not sure though, you guys can test it yourself.

12. Rizla

Rizla Premium

I say, steady on old chap. Could cause a stampede round these parts with that kind of talk.

13. Haitauer

Haitauer

Have you tried gt sport rally lately? Very different physics vs launch. Just did the testing of latest update.

Snow is like wet?! What? No.. :dunce:

Actually snow is very different. Its more like light dry soft gravel. The way tire digs in to snow or gravel seems to be one of the hardest physics to simulate. Let alone that one could lean in to deep snow as in real life..:nervous: snow or ice+snow are some of the most dynamic surfaces

Sander 001 likes this.
  14. Haitauer

Haitauer

Just today i wondered how snow would be with current gts physics.. :cheers::lol:

I think its one of the things affected by the new grip/tiremodel/physics or what ever it is they changed. :D

15. queleuleu

queleuleu

We know at 99% that weather conditions will never come to GTSport. Maybe, Poly is updating its engine and these tyres are future assets for the next game.

16. Beezer215

Beezer215

What was said is "dynamic conditions", meaning changing of weather conditions over time, will not come to GTS. They are working on having rain though. Whether rain makes it to GTS is a toss up but I wouldn't rule it out.

http://www.4players.de/4players.php...ien_und_die_Zukunft_der_Serie_gesprochen.html

(In German, google will translate)

17. OnyxMoneytron

OnyxMoneytron Premium

They’ve finally fixed the rear view onboard the Nissan 2020 VGT. You can actually see what’s behind you instead of a still shot.

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  18. Auditore

Auditore

I see the change to the wet tire models as normal procedure,they changed all the tires models Confort,Sport and Race Tires they might as well update the snow/wet tires.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    silverman_GT and AgentBlackDog like this.
  19. ajmiles

ajmiles Premium

Unfortunately I can confirm that my hopes of the pre-race disconnection bug being fixed were misplaced. In fact, not only did I have several pre-race kickings from the loading screen before warmup but for the first time I had the game crash *between* warm-up and race. When the game crashes between warm-up and race you are classified last and I lost 1400 DR. At least when you get kicked pre-warmup you don't lose DR.

If you look at the difference in number of players between the grid screen before warmup and how many actually make it into the race I'd estimate we probably lose 10-15% of the players on average (~2 out of 20, 1-2 out of 15). This tallies roughly with how often I get pre-race disconnected, about 1 in 10 to 1 in 8. The fact that this issue has been kicking around since at least September is pitiful. The 'repro' is straightforward and plain for anyone to see from just a few hours of watching a Youtuber try and do daily races on repeat.

Qyn likes this.
  20. nuu1212

nuu1212

Snow IS EVEN DIFFERENT from SNOW ! Som many different types/conditions.
    No way this will ever satisfy everyone. Some variants might behave somewhat like gravel, but not in general...

I am not an Inuit, but there is at least
    1. Wet/melting snow aka slush
    2. Loose snow on an icy road
    3. Hard, frozen snow, but rough surface
    4. Deep, fresh snow

Wet conditions should be pretty straightforward though as far as the physics is concerned. Just reduced grip level.
    The problem is making the graphics look good/realistic.

Sander 001 and Fosterions like this.
  21. Fosterions

Fosterions

This may have already been noted, or isn't even new, but the AI opponent cars seem to have a lot more branding/livery variety than I remember. No?

usmaan likes this.
  22. Beezer215

Beezer215

They are just the same. They really need to update the campaign events with the last 4 updates of cars. It's like the whole thing is frozen in time to when they made that campaign mode and nothing new has been added as far as cars go.

usmaan likes this.
  23. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Just a quick heads up: Thread name will be changed to reflect the new incoming update as it contains no new content, only fixes so there will be some undocumented changes in it as well.

24. Fosterions

Fosterions

No new content confirmed?

25. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

This comes without those distinct Silhouettes so I'm positive its not a content update.

26. PettyWingman

PettyWingman

27. aceboy127

aceboy127 Premium

This seems to be a bit odd and I don't think it existed before, but all of my thumbnails for my cars which were gone are now reappearing one by one automatically.

28. RedlineRacer

RedlineRacer Premium

That happens occasionally.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  29. Fosterions

Fosterions

“ Various other issues have been addressed.”

Uhhhhhhhh. Ok.

30. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Time for you folks to start scavenging for some changes not presented in the patch notes ;)

And I say "You folks" because its been an hour and my PS4 is still "copying" :lol: