GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.32/1.33)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 224 comments
Who remember this my old post? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...and-screenshots.331389/page-483#post-12096048

Let's compare build 1.06 vs 1.32

Comfort tyres 1.06
00u2j9u.jpg

Comfort tyres 1.32
01e0jqw.jpg

Sport tyres 1.06
02w8j96.jpg

Sport tyres 1.32
03bvkqa.jpg

Racing tyres 1.06
04f4jzy.jpg

Racing tyres 1.32
05efkfc.jpg

Wet tyres 1.06
061aju9.jpg

Wet tyres 1.32
0798j4p.jpg

Did you ever happen to snap any shots of the snow tires in earlier versions? It'd be interesting if those got updates too.

I was able to install them from the "dirt" tab of the tuning menu in my garage (but I don't think that much is new):

20190128155221.jpg

It’s really interesting that PD have updated models/textures for assets that aren’t usable with in game content...

...Yet...?

Last edited:
Soo annoying that there are Wet Tyres and Snow Tyres from day 1 with no purpose. :banghead:

PD be trollin', or a preview of future update, or it's just pure laziness of not removing the code from previous games.

I find it mind boggling that even the Mission Challenges at Northern Isle infield where the road is wet, doesn't use wet tyres.

PD be trollin', or a preview of future update, or it's just pure laziness of not removing the code from previous games.

I find it mind boggling that even the Mission Challenges at Northern Isle infield where the road is wet, doesn't use wet tyres.

Probably difficult for them to have rain running in 60fps on the vanilla PS4.

What If rain arrived with Spa?

It's clearly not just leftover code, the tires themselves are modeled in full detail, and not only that, they were updated in the most recent patch. It leads me to believe that at minimum, PD had planned to use them, but weren't able to get rain/wet surfaces to run smoothly, and/or didn't have a snow track ready at launch.

The fact that there's new updated models for the rain tires makes me very curious about PD's internal developments. I don't actually recall their statements around rain, but I wonder if static weather options are on the way. It'd seem like they'd most easily be able to cram in some rain particles and altered surface textures on the existing "overcast" conditions on many of the tracks. I'd bet the holdup (if it is in fact a thing thats in the works) is making the PS4 hardware deal with added particle effects that would naturally come with wet weather.

Last edited:
It's clearly not just leftover code, the tires themselves are modeled in full detail, and not only that, they were updated in the most recent patch. It leads me to believe that at minimum, PD had planned to use them, but weren't able to get rain/wet surfaces to run smoothly, and/or didn't have a snow track ready at launch.

The fact that there's now models for the rain tires makes me very curious about PD's internal developments. I don't actually recall their statements around rain, but I wonder if static weather options are on the way. It'd seem like they'd most easily be able to cram in some rain particles and altered surface textures on the existing "overcast" conditions on many of the tracks. I'd bet the holdup (if it is in fact a thing thats in the works) is making the PS4 hardware deal with added particle effects that would naturally come with wet weather.

My concern for Snow is that the rally physics were controversial and what would people say about snow?

Unless PD updates the physics? Snow is like wet but more slippery.

Also I can imagine people screaming if they gave a Snow track instead of Tarmac.

Unless PD updates the physics? Snow is like wet but more slippery.

Have you tried gt sport rally lately? Very different physics vs launch. Just did the testing of latest update.

Snow is like wet?! What? No.. :dunce:

Actually snow is very different. Its more like light dry soft gravel. The way tire digs in to snow or gravel seems to be one of the hardest physics to simulate. Let alone that one could lean in to deep snow as in real life..:nervous: snow or ice+snow are some of the most dynamic surfaces

Also I can imagine people screaming if they gave a Snow track instead of Tarmac

Just today i wondered how snow would be with current gts physics.. :cheers::lol:

I feel like ABS off has improved slightly. I am not sure though, you guys can test it yourself.

I think its one of the things affected by the new grip/tiremodel/physics or what ever it is they changed. :D

We know at 99% that weather conditions will never come to GTSport. Maybe, Poly is updating its engine and these tyres are future assets for the next game.

We know at 99% that weather conditions will never come to GTSport. Maybe, Poly is updating its engine and these tyres are future assets for the next game.

What was said is "dynamic conditions", meaning changing of weather conditions over time, will not come to GTS. They are working on having rain though. Whether rain makes it to GTS is a toss up but I wouldn't rule it out.

http://www.4players.de/4players.php...ien_und_die_Zukunft_der_Serie_gesprochen.html

(In German, google will translate)

Qyn
Please, please, please can anyone else verify this since I won't be able to get on for another couple of hours. This one fix would be better than the new content

Unfortunately I can confirm that my hopes of the pre-race disconnection bug being fixed were misplaced. In fact, not only did I have several pre-race kickings from the loading screen before warmup but for the first time I had the game crash *between* warm-up and race. When the game crashes between warm-up and race you are classified last and I lost 1400 DR. At least when you get kicked pre-warmup you don't lose DR.

If you look at the difference in number of players between the grid screen before warmup and how many actually make it into the race I'd estimate we probably lose 10-15% of the players on average (~2 out of 20, 1-2 out of 15). This tallies roughly with how often I get pre-race disconnected, about 1 in 10 to 1 in 8. The fact that this issue has been kicking around since at least September is pitiful. The 'repro' is straightforward and plain for anyone to see from just a few hours of watching a Youtuber try and do daily races on repeat.

Snow is like wet?! What? No.. :dunce:

Actually snow is very different. Its more like light dry soft gravel. The way tire digs in to snow or gravel seems to be one of the hardest physics to simulate. Let alone that one could lean in to deep snow as in real life..:nervous: snow or ice+snow are some of the most dynamic surfaces

Snow IS EVEN DIFFERENT from SNOW ! Som many different types/conditions.
No way this will ever satisfy everyone. Some variants might behave somewhat like gravel, but not in general...

I am not an Inuit, but there is at least
1. Wet/melting snow aka slush
2. Loose snow on an icy road
3. Hard, frozen snow, but rough surface
4. Deep, fresh snow

Wet conditions should be pretty straightforward though as far as the physics is concerned. Just reduced grip level.
The problem is making the graphics look good/realistic.

This may have already been noted, or isn't even new, but the AI opponent cars seem to have a lot more branding/livery variety than I remember. No?
They are just the same. They really need to update the campaign events with the last 4 updates of cars. It's like the whole thing is frozen in time to when they made that campaign mode and nothing new has been added as far as cars go.

Just a quick heads up: Thread name will be changed to reflect the new incoming update as it contains no new content, only fixes so there will be some undocumented changes in it as well.

This seems to be a bit odd and I don't think it existed before, but all of my thumbnails for my cars which were gone are now reappearing one by one automatically.

Back