GT Sport Update 1.63 Arrives, Brings Sport Mode Changes

Out of curiosity, how does a PS5 DualSense user go faster than a DS4 user?
Better triggers making it possible to modulate brake and throttle input better.

It's not rocket science, if your chosen input device allows finer and smoother inputs it's going to be better for a game where smoothness and precision are greatly rewarded.

Servers have gone down for maintenance as per usual for an update.

This thread is quickly heading down the route of expecting content when it should not be expected.
I wouldn't be expecting any GT Sport content for the remainder of its life. Delaying GT7 could suggest they are struggling to keep up to date with the content as it is. I'd really doubt they would want to be working on two games at once at this stage.

The servers should be about to reopen yet my update is only 93% copied. I miss the good old days when the only requirements for an update were to download and install it.

Be interesting to see how the updated penalty system works then in reality. Interesting to see the Mazda get a few tweaks. Wonder why they felt the need to single that one out? Think even less power is going to hamper it even more when coming out of the slower corners.

@Mistah_MCA you run the the affected logitech pedals yeah?
Do you like/notice the change? Was it warranted?

I think the changes to the RX-V should make it more accessible to more drivers, (myself included), i found it just a little too tail happy, to fully commit to using very often. I would love for that to change, I may have to reduce my engine volume in settings tho

Last edited:
I was just starting to really enjoy the RX-V, now it sounds like it's going to be slower, which is sad times... Better handling and better on tyres though, that's a bonus!

EDIT: Just checked and there's actually marginally more power/weight now with the new settings, so maybe will be a little quicker for the handling tracks now.

Any reports on the effectiveness of the amended penalty settings yet?

Last edited:
Well, yeah must admit I’ve shaved off 3 tenths off of a second at dragon trail gardens an get into the 29’s finally this morning with the RX-V, though that could equally be because I’ve perfected my lines after using my usual DBR9. Still find the RXV a pig through the chicane mind on getting the power down!

I think the changes to the RX-V should make it more accessible to more drivers, (myself included), i found it just a little too tail happy, to fully commit to using very often. I would love for that to change, I may have to reduce my engine volume in settings tho
I am absolutely hating on the brake pedal changes. I have to press it all the way now, and it's messed with my braking :(

It’d be nice to know what the pit stop time changes were!
It's much longer; it takes a lot longer for the car to enter the pit box now.

Examples (how long it takes for the car to enter pit box):
Gr. 4 at Laguna Seca: 18 sec (before) >> 30 sec (custom race)
Gr. 4 at Yamagiwa: ~3 sec? >> ~12-13 sec (custom race)
Super Formula at Suzuka: ~2 sec >> 12 sec (custom race)
Gr. 2 at Red Bull Ring: 5 sec >> 18 sec (Current Daily Race)

Pit losses are significantly greater now.

Did a quick test on the Mazda RX and they've made the car much easier to drive.

It is a little slower in a straight line but it now doesn't try to kill you on the exit of every slow corner or every kerb. So less oversteer, slightly more understeer and a wee bit slower in a straight line. All makes it a decent choice for manufacturers in my eyes as pace is still decent, tyre wear should be better and the car is less likely to kill you.

Funny how they tweaked the setup on this car, but never bothered with making the Ferrari and Lamborghini a little bit easier to drive.

Yep. Turned all the way up! ;)

The pit stop time changes... I did always wonder why GT Sport's pit stops were so weird, teleporting the car straight to the box and then straight to the exit. I always hated the...the uh...unrealism?...of it all. It gave you very little time to even see what tires you were picking, let alone letting you think about which to go for in longer races!

Out of curiosity, how does a PS5 DualSense user go faster than a DS4 user?
Has better braking capabilities, 100% sure of it. I play with a wheel, and with PS4 controller you simply can't brake as good and as late as with using a wheel. But with PS5, you can.
He may have better/smoother FPS too (or no FPS drops) which may also help get some extra tenths aswell.

Source: Me playing all the time against a guy who used to play on PS4 controller, now he does on PS5. Since that he undoubtedly goes quite a bit faster and definitely brakes better.

Last edited:
Back