GT Sport's New Tokyo Track: One Lap With European Champion Mikail Hizal

I was hoping we were done with track variations of the same tracks we already have. I was hoping for new original tracks, classic original’s, or real world circuits. But it’s cool I’ll take it.

Hopefully the update comes early December now. So all updates come early in the month and not so late.

When i was driving it i really enjoyed it despite of having so many straight line.

But as you guys could see on this lap i did a mistake hitting the wall there as well as some other really little mistakes. At the end i was able to drive a flat 2:10 with a 2:09 optimum. This was all during our practise session we did there (with tyre wear and fuel consumption).

I hope there will be some other small layouts in this location. That would be great maybe a track with 10 turns, 90 degrees each one among port containers ! Night included like it's already done in this location.

When i was driving it i really enjoyed it despite of having so many straight line.

But as you guys could see on this lap i did a mistake hitting the wall there as well as some other really little mistakes. At the end i was able to drive a flat 2:10 with a 2:09 optimum. This was all during our practise session we did there (with tyre wear and fuel consumption).
Right now I know what lap times to aim for with my DS4 :lol: yeah maybe 220’s (:

The frustration when he botched the corner lol i know that feel

This track has to be the one with the weirdest pit entry in history,i love the that it's inside a parking lot great detail but it's not close to the finish line.I wonder why PD choose to do that,they could put the pit close to the start/finish line if they wanted to

Oh well, nothing in terms of tracks for me in the next update then. I hated SS route 5 and 11 in GT1, and never got to like them in later versions.

With regards to imaginary circuits then my only wish is that PD would concentrate on bringing back Grand Valley Speedway rather than messing around with Mickey Mouse street circuits - street circuits, even in real life, are just wrong on every level.

The frustration when he botched the corner lol i know that feel

This track has to be the one with the weirdest pit entry in history,i love the that it's inside a parking lot great detail but it's not close to the finish line.I wonder why PD choose to do that,they could put the pit close to the start/finish line if they wanted to
Considering laughable pitstop system in game, PD can make pit lane on the Moon (they even have some resources from GT6 for that) and this wouldn't make a lot of difference.

That pit lane proved especially problematic in the chaotic media race. Considering the outright divebombing other outlets resorted to, I was convinced none had actually played the game before. During the second half of the race, I was punted so far that I nearly ended up in the pit, and had to spend ten seconds reversing and fixing my trajectory.

That said, I actually like the track, though much like the other Tokyos, it’s best for hotlapping. Races are going to be a crap shoot with anybody that isn’t intimately familiar with the layout. In particular, the brake indicator flashes on that slight kink on the back straight when there’s really no need, at least in Gr.4.

That pit lane proved especially problematic in the chaotic media race. Considering the outright divebombing other outlets resorted to, I was convinced none had actually played the game before. During the second half of the race, I was punted so far that I nearly ended up in the pit, and had to spend ten seconds reversing and fixing my trajectory.

That said, I actually like the track, though much like the other Tokyos, it’s best for hotlapping. Races are going to be a crap shoot with anybody that isn’t intimately familiar with the layout. In particular, the brake indicator flashes on that slight kink on the back straight when there’s really no need, at least in Gr.4.

Talking about the media race, will we watch it? I'd love to. :D

Those brake/gear tips were always innacurate,game tells you to put it in second in a third gear corner,tells you to brake where you can go flat out it's kind of a GT tradition to not trust those game tips.

About the media race,most videogame casuals(and i don't mean the term "casual" as something offensive) play racing games punting people like it's Mario Kart.I'm not surprised that happened in the media race.Hell,that's probably how most people played single player in previous GT games.

I only drove the track for 3 or 4 laps in the Audi Gr1 hybrid, but I think the layout used in the nations races easily the best tokyo track. It also has plenty of overtaking spots and a couple of corners where you can use different line to setup a move

:lol:

Did Albuquerque divebomb someone from GTP? :P Because he said they won (he and Duarte).
The commentator race was separate, and a day earlier, and on the stream.

@SlipZtrEm is underplaying how poor the media race was. The standard, given that the media there were essentially all gaming and motoring, and at by invitation, was abysmal. Strong boost and no penalties - the guy on pole was 2s faster than the finalists and 3.5s faster than us... because he was wallriding the whole way. Come the race you were basically dodging bullets - the no-marks driving most of the cars were just piling into every corner at max chat, and then the strong boost meant they were right back on you at the next corner.

It would have been terrible if it was a griefer lobby in GTA5. Media representatives at a GT Sport event? Nah.

Latest Posts

Back