GT1 Oddities and bugs! Post here if you notice one.

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 142 comments
That is, if you purchase WR1, WR2 and WR3 and then RM in [size=+1]GT1[/size] you sort of wasted your money on the WR--final resultant weight is the same, and the game lets you do RM without WR. It sort of makes real life sense in a way; when you go to get RM, the fact you've done or not done WR3 might not change the expense needed for full RM. (Argument gets a bit tenuous when some of the WR modifications involve removing interior seating, etc.)

[size=+1]GT1[/size] can be played in such a way that money is scarce. so it might make sense to WR a car, and race it a bit to get cash before later doing RM. See also how you can share [removable] parts between different cars, however. If the car is cheap enough, a fully-fitted RM alternative to the WR car can be obtained for just the basic price of the car (you'd need to do RM anyway; well there is the minor polish and balancing too. but you can usually get away without them).

In [size=+1]GT2[/size]. however, they did change it to require you to do WR1, WR2 and WR3 before RM. And also eliminated the parts sharing.

Actually, I've noticed the Japanese GT1 is the same as GT2 with regard to needing Weight Reduction 1, 2 and 3 before you can race-modify your car.

Last edited:
And also, there's a strange bug with the AI in the Japanese GT1 when you're racing on High Speed Ring reverse. When you're driving next to them or trying to pass them, they will attempt to stop you from doing that by barging into you and "fighting" with you. They also do that with each other, not just the player. So I don't know if this was actually intended so as to make the track more competitive and difficult or if this is just a glitch. I also don't know if this is universal in all copies of the Japanese GT1.

Bump'd

Comparing starter cars for the US version and the Honda Civic 3door hatch (EG6) is unbeatable in times. It's odd on Grand Valley Speedway.

Hello, i bought an debug PS3 and while i was trying as it could play any region discs i swapped my US GT1 with Japanese GT1 version and this came out of it:

Edit:
I swapped an american version with european when i was in post arcade race menu - hit exit and intro has started playing (NO SOUND). Now the game behaves like american version, but the CD in the mechanic is PAL from europe. Still no sound.​

Last edited:
I swapped an american version with european when i was in post arcade race menu - hit exit and intro has started playing (NO SOUND). Now the game behaves like american version, but the CD in the mechanic is PAL from europe. Still no sound.​
What happens if you try doing License Tests? I know that if you swap a demo disc with a retail one, you always get gold prizes.

It did nothing like that (i tried just Demio B1 test and the Demio was still a Demio and i didnt get a gold prize) i might test it more tomorrow, but it seems that only the text before the test is ''translated'' into english.

note: by demo disc you mean Test Drive Disc or the normal demo came with PlayStation magazine?

I will do more once i connect the PS3 debug to my capture device. And because its a fat one, only when temperature is low, because even today the fan was really loud :D

I think any demo disc should do the trick. I tried it with one of the Interactive CD Sampler Pack's and with the PSU Jampack, both worked flawlessly. Here's a video demonstrating it (music plays at the soundless part):

Just finished the last race of the FR cup and this happened - all the brake lights appear to be on. Strange.

Attachments

• CAM00518.jpg
    CAM00518.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 96
If you dig through the japanese's version files, using the GT car model viewer in the arcade mode car list there seems to be 3 DB7 Vagato clones in a row and no Stingray in it.

If you dig through the japanese's version files, using the GT car model viewer in the arcade mode car list there seems to be 3 DB7 Vagato clones in a row and no Stingray in it.

Neither the Stingray or NB MX-5 is in the Japanese version of GT1 ;)

view setting:

sosmir.jpg

no matter what I select, ''loose'' is tighter than normal and ''tight'' is even more, tried with Japanese version and US 1.0 :\

24ce6j5.jpg

In Pal GT1 , when you select Italian language and press start during any event, the game text will show "Usicita" instead of the correct word "Uscita" , like "Eixit" instead of "Exit" .
Basically there's an "I" error :D
1f7d0cfc5d.jpg

SCES_009_84_09092016_014107_0053.jpg

Last edited:
I... don't see what's wrong? Also, if you had run against the lower specced JTCC cars, you'd have been very surprised by the end result ;)

That also happens on the other versions as well with the R32. However, the physics are different on JP GT1.

Look, this was my own result a few weeks ago when I completed it.
Sans_titre.jpg

View attachment 672696
View attachment 672697
Well, I didn't expect that... that's Grand Valley 300 km race.
Well, it is not that surprising - the Impreza is a special model, but it lacks quite a bit of power compared to all the other cars (it has only 500 hp) and it's gear ratios are very short, so not really suitable for Grand Valley. Also, that GT-R is very, very fast when RM-ed, same goes for the GTO, they're almost on par with special models.

And also, there's a strange bug with the AI in the Japanese GT1 when you're racing on High Speed Ring reverse. When you're driving next to them or trying to pass them, they will attempt to stop you from doing that by barging into you and "fighting" with you. They also do that with each other, not just the player. So I don't know if this was actually intended so as to make the track more competitive and difficult or if this is just a glitch. I also don't know if this is universal in all copies of the Japanese GT1.
It happens to me too, especially while competing in Hard Tuned series - and not only on High Speed ring.

575hp/596ps and 980kg to be exact. That gives it a 1.64 power to weight ratio. Compared to the Castrol Supra GT's 1.72, and the GTO's 1.77 that makes it overall better (beaten by the R32 though, as it's at 1.56). However, it's highly limited in speed, because it tops out at 265 kmh. (The R32 tops at 275kmh by the way, and the GTO barely reaches 300 on GV because of turbo lag)

What's different is that in this version, the lower spec cars (JTCC) Lantis, Primera, Accord etc. are able to go full speed unlike in other releaes of the game, because of either how they're set up differently, or because of how different the physics are (they don't shake around going 150kmh in the straights etc.)
They have a lot more grip in the turns, brake later than the "big" LM Editions, and have a faster cornering speed, which makes them better in the long run.

On my screenshot above, I have lapped the Primera only once the entire race, twice the Exiv and NSX, 3 times the Lantis, and 4 times the Impreza.

FWD cars are a lot better overall on GT1 JP than on US/PAL. And I actually like that, because FF cars are really good at cornering IRL

Why does the Camaro 30th anniversary only have 4 long-a** gears instead of six? I mean, there was a 4-speed auto option available for the 4th generation Camaro, but why did they use this on the anniversary model too?

They fixed this on GT2, and they probably didn't know about it for GT1. Don't forget the game was made in '97 by a company from Japan, in Japan, with Japanese employees, and that probably never even left Japan to make GT1 as they most likely didn't have the budget at the time.

Back