GT1 Oddities and bugs! Post here if you notice one.

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 142 comments
He had some...uh....'tea'. :cool: And then he got fascinated after driving his car into a dip in the road, parking it, and finally watching it roll backwards and forwards. :lol::lol::lol::lol::cool::crazy::):):drool:

My Toyota Levin, when applying either the weight modification 3, or race mod, it's so light, going around corners, it goes up on two wheels.

Actually the 2 wheels thing is very easy to achieve, not quite a bug. A few things that i have noticed was, lets say i have a oh idk 903hp skyline r32 GTR that ive won ( so that purple/redish color) correct? well, for example on my HP ratings in the menu or so, itll say i have 903hp for example (didnt look off the game not certain but) and itll say that..and i want to go adjust my boost level or gears. Under the boost level though, itll say that i have 926HP for example ( some crazy 10-15hp more then it says on the home screen) and on a few cars, the 500,000$ subaru impreza...when i go do the boost guage, itll say a different HP then its supposed to, and along with that, when i decrease the boost the HP ratings will stay the same, but the chart that shows torque and HP will just decrease a bit. Also, one thing thats puzzling to me (i have the US version of GT1) is the Mazda Miata RS in the arcade mode, its a 128hp 98+ model, thats only avaliable in my Arcade mode..and all the other Eunos Roadsters have 128hp too and their brand new in my simulation? wheres that 98 newer body style miata at? simular thing to the 63' vette but no one mentioned it like that? and another thing..on the Mega Speed contest, high speed, test course, reverse high speed etc that one, theres a Cosmo (the mazda version of a Lexus SC300/the Soarer 2.5GT) anyways..the 13B one that u can buy in the simulation mode is the 225HP one, then under the info section it talks about the 276hp turboed one..kind of like a 3.0L 225hp mitsubishi 3000GT engine'd cosmo mazda..but its a 13B..and the one that has the 276hp that u can see it being raced in the Mega speed is the 20B (aka the 276hp one)...its no where to be found to buy new or to buy used in the section..i have never owned one. i even lookd on the prize list of GT1..maybe u win one? but i have never had it...i found this out cuz i was curious to drive different vehicles fulled loaded n spec'd...Also what i have noticed, maybe in a different topic or something like that, someone was talking about weight reductions n how u can just buy the Racing thing for 85k and have the equvalent weight as if u did all of the stages 1-2-3 to reduce the weight..well i found that not true, and an example would be my 95 EVO3...which i had fully tuned with all 3 weight reductions n fully loaded power and suspesnion brakes etc, and i looked at the weight..and i raced it on mega speed, and it kinda sucked no offense to it, but i then spent 86k on buying the racing modifcation, and it made the world of difference, it was lighter by like 200kg, it was quicker in acceleration, it handled better, and i could floor the gas threw all pedals. Another glitch (maybe purposful) but ive noticed in my decked out R33's,3000GT's etc the AWD ones, they almost self slide through corners, and they help u get through them faster by auto-sliding through, which is kind of neat, but who knows if its supposed to help you that much. Sorry for the write up and if u had to read it :P

Gran Turismo ™;3838355
Actually the 2 wheels thing is very easy to achieve, not quite a bug. A few things that i have noticed was, lets say i have a oh idk 903hp skyline r32 GTR that ive won ( so that purple/redish color) correct? well, for example on my HP ratings in the menu or so, itll say i have 903hp for example (didnt look off the game not certain but) and itll say that..and i want to go adjust my boost level or gears. Under the boost level though, itll say that i have 926HP for example ( some crazy 10-15hp more then it says on the home screen)

This has been a PD trademark in GT and all the games following--power is never exact when you go from the garage to the track to the tuning menus. This is possibly done to simulate different dyno results from different machines.

Also, sometimes when the dealer says a car has a certain amount of horsepower, occasionally he's either blatantly lying, or merely stating what the factory says he should state. Then you when you get the car you've just bought to the garage, its power will be way off!

None of this stuff is glitches or bugs in my opinion. Some computer programmer had to have sat there physically typing in each horsepower number as it's shown in the game. It's more of a human error than a computer error, but it's really not an error at all. All those different hp numbers (dealer, garage, track, graph) are meant to be there for whatever reason. We can only speculate what that reason is. 💡

and on a few cars, the 500,000$ subaru impreza...when i go do the boost guage, itll say a different HP then its supposed to, and along with that, when i decrease the boost the HP ratings will stay the same, but the chart that shows torque and HP will just decrease a bit. Also, one thing thats puzzling to me (i have the US version of GT1) is the Mazda Miata RS in the arcade mode, its a 128hp 98+ model, thats only avaliable in my Arcade mode..and all the other Eunos Roadsters have 128hp too and their brand new in my simulation? wheres that 98 newer body style miata at? simular thing to the 63' vette but no one mentioned it like that? and another thing..on the Mega Speed contest, high speed, test course, reverse high speed etc that one, theres a Cosmo (the mazda version of a Lexus SC300/the Soarer 2.5GT) anyways..the 13B one that u can buy in the simulation mode is the 225HP one, then under the info section it talks about the 276hp turboed one..kind of like a 3.0L 225hp mitsubishi 3000GT engine'd cosmo mazda..but its a 13B..and the one that has the 276hp that u can see it being raced in the Mega speed is the 20B (aka the 276hp one)...its no where to be found to buy new or to buy used in the section..i have never owned one. i even lookd on the prize list of GT1..maybe u win one? but i have never had it...i found this out cuz i was curious to drive different vehicles fulled loaded n spec'd...Also what i have noticed, maybe in a different topic or something like that, someone was talking about weight reductions n how u can just buy the Racing thing for 85k and have the equvalent weight as if u did all of the stages 1-2-3 to reduce the weight..well i found that not true, and an example would be my 95 EVO3...which i had fully tuned with all 3 weight reductions n fully loaded power and suspesnion brakes etc, and i looked at the weight..and i raced it on mega speed, and it kinda sucked no offense to it, but i then spent 86k on buying the racing modifcation, and it made the world of difference, it was lighter by like 200kg, it was quicker in acceleration, it handled better, and i could floor the gas threw all pedals.

Of course it handles better, it's now a full-fledged race car!

Another glitch (maybe purposful) but ive noticed in my decked out R33's,3000GT's etc the AWD ones, they almost self slide through corners, and they help u get through them faster by auto-sliding through, which is kind of neat, but who knows if its supposed to help you that much. Sorry for the write up and if u had to read it :P

No apology necessary, you might want to create paragraphs though by pressing your ENTER button.

Like this.

Makes stuff easier to find after it's been read.

Gran Turismo ™;3838462
what about the cosmo 20B..any one drive that car? i can imagine id be identical to the Soarer 2.5GT..but any one have it?

I think I drove both of them a long time ago. But I don't remember much.

How would a Mazda be identical to a Toyota?

I won the GT World Cup with a race-mod Cosmo 20B once. And the Hard-Tuned series with an appropriate version.

I even chose it for use in the game I completed (except for gold licenses) in 24 hours. (Although in that game I only used it for FR and MegaSpeed Cups; I used a GTO'92twinturbo for the Tuned Series, and a Cerbera LM for the World Cup).

It's a lot better than the Cosmo 13B which can even have problems in the UXvsJP series. Though I did win the Hard-Tuned series with a 13B on the basis of a single win at SSR11. (29 to 27).

From my records it's hard to tell which of the Soarer or Cosmo 20B is the better car.

They're considerably different cars but you'd be surprised how closely matched they are on a track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyJSKzhMBU4

That being said the Soarer tested there is an automatic with an open differential and the limited pack (2.5GT-TL). A base (2.5 GT-T) Soarer equipped with the factory 5-speed manual and Torsen LSD would have fared better on the track.

These attached images are evidence of bugs.
Rainbow coloured Nismo GTR LM (without racing modification) (appears transparent in garage), and door for exiting rx7 info. The door is supposed to appear only on the PAL version, not the disc with the NTSC U/C Designation. The word "exit" is supposed to appear in the circle. A minor thing, but one I noticed nonetheless.

Other than a few minor things, not much is wrong with this game. Gran Turismo 2 is a whole different story however.

Attachments

• Bugs.zip
    281.4 KB · Views: 119
Last edited by a moderator:
I remember playing this many years ago when one of the AI cars nearly flipped over backwards after driving over a curb on Special Route 5.

I was just driving Trial Mountain II before and I noticed that basically all PD did was make you drive the other way; they even didn't switch the corner direction the other-way!

:lol: Ahh well. PD can't get everything right! That would be like the sky falling

Just like making 200 premium and 800 standard cars in GT5. :mad: They have enough time for all of their projects, but they sure don't spend it quite well.

I broke through once since I got the game again.

It was on the last license test. On Grand Valley Speedway (reverse) there's the blue bridge which is followed by a left turn into a tunnel. It was my first attempt so, I thought I'd try to drift as late as possible. So, I swung the rear out quick... real quick. And, the back of the Viper just fell through the wall on the outside (right side) and the rest of the car followed. It seemed to drop off the map completely. But, instead of falling forever or eventually hitting the bottom I just got a FAIL.

I broke through once since I got the game again.

It was on the last license test. On Grand Valley Speedway (reverse) there's the blue bridge which is followed by a left turn into a tunnel. It was my first attempt so, I thought I'd try to drift as late as possible. So, I swung the rear out quick... real quick. And, the back of the Viper just fell through the wall on the outside (right side) and the rest of the car followed. It seemed to drop off the map completely. But, instead of falling forever or eventually hitting the bottom I just got a FAIL.

I've seen something like this happen once, it happened in Deep Forest. You could somehow fall out of the map on the last corner, not sure how it happened though.

I've seen something like this happen once, it happened in Deep Forest. You could somehow fall out of the map on the last corner, not sure how it happened though.

Well, I opened this thread about oddities in GT1. Post one if you noticed.

My first oddities/bug noticed is many cars uses their Japanese car names.
For instance:
View attachment 69858

Re-read the first few pages and I don't think this was totally cleared up. The Mazda MX-5 has 3 different names in the major global markets; the Roadster (J), Miata (NA) and the MX-5 (EU).

As for the Eunos thing, Eunos was one of Mazda's other brands, much like Ford's Lincoln/Mercury and the former British Leyland's many brands such as Austin, Rover, Leyland, Triumph, MG, Morris and so on. There are/were Mazda itself, Efini (Sports), Eunos (Luxury) and Autozam (K-Cars, of which the AZ-1 wasn't featured until GT2).

So the 'Mazda Eunos Roadster' was really badged a 'Eunos Roadster' and the 'Mazda Eunos Cosmo' was really badged as a 'Eunos Cosmo' and the 'Madza Efini RX-7' was badged as an 'Efini RX-7' but for obvious reasons it was simpler to group these cars under Mazda instead of giving them their own token dealerships. It's basically badge engineering. The Efini RX-7 is as much a Mazda RX-7 as a Mercury Cougar was really a Ford Cougar.

I know this pretty much common knowledge but, I haven't seen it mentioned here, yet.

You can't flip any car (or can you?). I think somewhere around 35° - 45° angle (on either axis) the car will stop rotating. If you've ever played around on Trial Mountain you most likely already knew that. Again, its just for the sake of thread wholeness.

Also, I wanna learn more about breaking through walls and such. Is there a known technique for frequent encounters of the ghost walls? Is it just random? Does the car need to be hit by an AI or be mid drift or something, anything? Does the game version make any difference?

Also, I wanna learn more about breaking through walls and such. Is there a known technique for frequent encounters of the ghost walls? Is it just random? Does the car need to be hit by an AI or be mid drift or something, anything? Does the game version make any difference?

Couldn't tell you the specifics of whether you need to be struck by the AI or not for sure, but I broke out by myself on Route 11 Reverse by grinding along the first hairpin after the chicane. Basically, I couldn't be bothered turning because I was lazy and I stuck the car along the right hand edge down the straight so I could sweep round (the hairpin's a left hander) but I just ploughed straight on and could drive a reasonable amount in the middle of nothing before being able to simply drive back on track like nothing had happened.

If you have European version of the game - don't even try to buy any muffler (except of racing muffler) or tires (any of them), or your game freezes.
This bug is as old as hell. I had two discs, both had this bug.

I had a glitch on my first GT1 game disc.
In 2 player mode on Grand Valley Player 2 could not pit in to change tyres. When they entered the pits the car slowed down but just continued right through without changing the tyres.
I had to buy a new disc a couple of years ago and the same problem existed but on Autumn Ring instead of Grand Valley.

On the test track look closely at the things with the distance markers (100m 200M 300m and so on) they are glitched, this is in both gt1 and gt2

Back