GT3 Trivia

• Thread starter ZZII
  • 106 comments
When you say "split time" do you mean the time to that sector marker for that lap or do you mean the time difference between you and the ghost car? Also, you're talking about a ghost car that is running your previous lap right?

I'm guessing you haven't gone completely around the track and come up behind the ghost car in one lap.

It means that your last lap wasn't your fastest lap.

Originally posted by ZZII
When you say "split time" do you mean the time to that sector marker for that lap or do you mean the time difference between you and the ghost car? Also, you're talking about a ghost car that is running your previous lap right?

I'm guessing you haven't gone completely around the track and come up behind the ghost car in one lap.

When I say "split time", I'm talking about the numerical reading that shows how long it took you to get to the sector marker (the white hash marks on the track) from the start/finish line. To make it clearer, I'll give an example:

You've completed one lap in the Free Run and are on your second lap. When you get to the T2 sector marker, your time reads

0'54.762

You get this reading, but yet the ghost car is in front of you.

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
It means that your last lap wasn't your fastest lap.

True, but why would the ghost car be in front of you if you are currently running faster than your last lap?

speaking of ghost cars, check this out. running the 400m I get ahead of the ghost car, yet I still run a slower time on it. Something is wrong here don't you think. As for the ghost car getting ahead of you and beating the time you previously ran, it sounds like a tweaking issue on the game. What version are you running?

Originally posted by Hyperion
you're lapping your ghost?
Actually, thats one possible answer to the question that I didn't even think about

But the one I was talking about is this: You have to have previously run a best lap in the Free Run, save the replay, then exit and re-enter the Free Run. Load up the replay and complete one lap. On the second lap, you will notice that your split times are compared to the lap you just ran, not the best lap replay that you have loaded up as your ghost car. So basically, the best lap replay ghost is used to help you out with your lines and braking points, it doesn't actually recognize split times. Could actually be a glitch, but not sure.

That's actually what I was thinking. I posted a question about whether it was running your previous lap or you best lap a few posts up. Anyway, good question.

Here's an easy one one: Which company is the main sponser of Laguna Seca Raceway (in real life and in the game). Anyone with the guide will know this one in a second.

Which arcade track FMV (you know when you are in arcade mode and a rolling video plays of the track you are going to select) can you catch a glimpse of the Diablo?

Ha! and!

Which track can you see the moon?

I believe, but I am not positive, that you can see the moon on SS11. I have the NTSC version so I have no idea about the Diablo.

Nope, but your along the right lines with the SS but it's not R11.

Also the diablo is viewed for about a second and it is far into the distance. Just watch those FMV's and you might just see it for a second, away in the distance.

I have the PAL version which has even more stuff removed than the NTSC version.

Which version of SSR5?
Normal?
Reverse?
Normal wet?
Reverse wet?

It could be more than one of these.

How many courses in the game actually exist in real life? I don't know the answer to this but I want to know. I know Laguna Seca is real and I also heard cote d'azur or how ever you spell it is a real F1 course.

Tokyo R246 is based on real roads outside the Polyphony headquarters but as far as I know these roads are not used for racing in real life.

There have been rumors that Super Speedway is based on Twin Ring Motegi but I do not know if this is true.

There have also been rumors that Midfield is loosely based on Suzuka. I have looked at the 2 tracks and I emphasise the word loosely if at all.

Some of the features from Suzuka may have influenced whoever designed Midfield and Apricot Hill but I would not suggest any more than slightly influenced.

Seattle is based loosely on a part of Seattle
Laguna Seca
Cote D'Azur
Tokyo R246 is loosely based on Tokyo

Tokyo is a real road, down to the exact same scale. Same with Rome and Seattle.

Super Speedway IS part of the Twin Ring Motegi.

Of course Laguna Seca and Cote (Monaco) are real.

The is no evidence that the rest dont exist.

There are countless private and public race tracks all over the world, so there is absolutely no way of proving that courses like Apricot Hill and Midfield dont exist.

My gut feeling is that they do.

Race Idiot. Please tell me which Free Run Track preview video has the Diablo in it?

I saw it on the DEMO 1 video....first few frames.....but that aint the question.....

Originally posted by Race Idiot
Which arcade track FMV (you know when you are in arcade mode and a rolling video plays of the track you are going to select) can you catch a glimpse of the Diablo?

Maybe someone should e-mail Polyphony Digital and ask where the tracks like midfield are based on?

Originally posted by 12sec. Civic

Race Idiot. Please tell me which Free Run Track preview video has the Diablo in it?

Apricot hill, just watch for the car in first position and bam it's there.

I think they split Suzuka and they got apricot hill and midfield.

This will be reversed if you are going in the opposite direction, but:

3 hairpins in the first set
2 hairpins in the second set
4 hairpins in the third set

which makes 9 in total

Back