GT4 Hybrids - GameShark Codes ->Updated Post#1 Oct 30, 2011

• Thread starter GrumpEone
  • 196 comments
Well I tried out the b-spec codes by ur example and using them in the Ntsc since i have that version and nope no good :grumpy: It just gave me 24 skill points and didnt even change any of the other skills. I bet its some lil something we're missing. Thanks for ur help. Maybe between us and some more ppl we can get it going. Thanks again.

EDIT:
Hey GrumpEone........I have one for you:
Do you have the codes to unlock these cars in the NTSC GT4 game, they are from the PAL version.......

Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car `00
Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car `94
Vauxhall Corsa Comfort 1.4 `01
Vauxhall Tigra 1.6i `99
Vauxhall Vectra 3.2 V6 `03
Vauxhall VX220 `00
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo `00

I unlocked cars that were blocked from the NTSC game for GT2 and GT3, so I believe it should be possible in GT4 as well
Geez, when did I become the code repository...lol
I guess when I started this thread...lol

Anyway I don't think it is possible, unless of course there are hidden cars, but I haven't found any yet.
Yeah I had a 600,000HP Diablo in GT3 too.

But I would like to play with a Toyota ESSO Ultraflo Supra (JGTC) `01 (you missed one, lol)
I would say trying all the missing 'Body ID' & 'Car ID' codes, see if you can find something. Some US DATA values here including body and car ids: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=64295&d=1201869895

/EDIT

Hey grump! How r ya man? I got ya reply. I just noticed too ur post on here. U just might be onto something man! Yea..I'm going by speed's table. How r u getting those sequential memory addresses? It looks like ya just adding 4 to them? Does that hold true all the way through them? Oh yea and too...where there's no values would u just not use that address? Thanks again man!

It is just how memory addresses go, in HEX!
00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 1A 1B 1C 1D 1E 1F

Since you can't enter a a 16-byte byte stream (or according to Speed Drifter's Table a 387-byte stream), you would have to break it down into area that you can do; which is 4-bytes (XX XX XX XX). The whole code would have to be made of 98 codes for best reliability (that is 96 4-byte modifiers, 1 2-byte modifiers, and 1 1-byte modifier)

FYI- The first 2 digits (before the memory address) defines how much area is modified.
In the Examples below, X's are the modified data, -'s are unused data, ?'s is the memory address

00 will modify only 1-byte (the last two digits in the GS code)
Example: 00?????? ------XX

10 will modify only 2-bytes (the last four digits)
Example: 10?????? ----XXXX

20 will modify all 4-bytes (the last eight digits)
Example: 20?????? XXXXXXXX

as for the 00 values I'm not too familliar with the WHOLE memory structure to say if they can be ignored or not. If another value can be stored at the '00 locations', let's say one that lowers b-spec stats, then it would negatively impact the code by ignoring them. If those '00 locations' are unused, where nothing is stored there, it wouldn't matter and could be ignored. The super safe bet, would be the undertaking of a 98 code string, which would do little more than max your stats (but then again you did get a GS for a reason, lol).

whew, enough info for ya??

Bad news, everyone.

It seems like my Gameshark is now out of order.

Hopefully you didn't scratch the top of the disc, or worse shattered it against a wall after a HYBRID locked-up the PS2 one too many times...

If not, try to clean it or re-surface it with a disc-doctor.

Last edited:
hey Grump
How ya doing man? Wow that was like what 3 responses all in 1 post....lol. Sadly I'm still lost though..sniff sniff. As far as ur modifier examples, I got how those work. I already stumbled across that on google somewhere...lol. Got a question though...ya talking about just 96 and then 1 of each of the other modifiers...where at?....lol. I did it all as 4 bytes since I could divide them all up into 8 numbers each. On that 1st code...the one that had just empty spaces for the 1st 8 numbers...I did it with 0s and by skipping it too...the result was the same either way. But yea if u or heck anyone can figure out those 1st two codes itd be awesome! Thanks for ur help! Ya really know ya stuff...lol. :)

hey Grump
How ya doing man? Wow that was like what 3 responses all in 1 post....lol. Sadly I'm still lost though..sniff sniff. As far as ur modifier examples, I got how those work. I already stumbled across that on google somewhere...lol. Got a question though...ya talking about just 96 and then 1 of each of the other modifiers...where at?....lol. I did it all as 4 bytes since I could divide them all up into 8 numbers each. On that 1st code...the one that had just empty spaces for the 1st 8 numbers...I did it with 0s and by skipping it too...the result was the same either way. But yea if u or heck anyone can figure out those 1st two codes itd be awesome! Thanks for ur help! Ya really know ya stuff...lol. :)

Actually I counted the byte string for the original posting of the table, the updated table had 1 extra byte of '00' at the beginning. So it is a 388-Byte string to modify, so you should be able to do it with 97 4-byte modifiers. The empty spaces in the Table, should just be ignored and not modified, as those memory addresses at the beginning 4-bytes (A17070 thru A17073) are not part of the B-spec data in the table, the same for the ending 8-bytes (A171F8 thru A171FF).

What was your result in the game with the code?? Did it not work, worked, or partially work?? Let me know, I have to run a few errands then I'll try and work with the code. Do you know if Speed Drifters Table is NTSC, NTSC2, or PAL memory addresses because it makes a big difference to what data is being modified.

EDIT: The table is PAL
EDIT2: I have created a converted table a little easier to read.
B-spec.jpg

For max B-Spec stats replace all 388-bytes in the above chart to 'FF'.

Last edited:
Wow that is a nicely looking better table! Heck I'm glad I converted it right from pal to ntsc...lol. I would think just the memory addresses themselves r the only difference not the actual values...hoping anyways. I remember reading on speed's table that certain values mean certain things like on certain races and what not. But yea I've tried using the codes like ya said with each address going by ur example....20A0C270, 20A0C274, etc. I did do that right...just adding 4 to get the other addresses? I came up with just Bspec skill changing to 24. I'm trying to think of ways Ive tried it before this. Ive repeated the same memory address just over and over using the 8 #s til i have them all but nope no good. I did get higher bspec changes though...lol. Ive even have tried using a memory changer like artmonkey with pscx2 and directly change all those #s exactly like in the table but still a no go (: Ive tried doing that too with a code I know actually works but I dunno..its probably some lil something I'm doing wrong. Maybe we'll get it figured out. I think that's about the only code that's left. I appreciate it man! I know these things rnt easy.

hmmm...just thought of something...I'm just guessing though...lol.

Do u think this would mean anything.......take a memory address like 20A0C270 and just 1 block at a time for example the 1st example would be block 4 with value 00 and make it like 00A0C274 00000000. Then the next one would be like 00AOC275 00000004...just modifying 1 byte at a time (last 2 gs #s). Just a thought.

Last edited:
Hmm, I just took a new GT4 save, entered all of the codes from the table, and got a b-spec skill of 25, and nothing else changed not mileage, machine skill, course skill, or battle skill.

Last edited:
Yea..that's how I'm trying out the bspec thing with a new gamesave to be safe. Looks like we in the same boat on trying to get it to work. The memory address for the Bspec mileage is 20A0C250 for NTSC. Ive used it to get mine back down to 0 and it does add the mileage back correctly once ya turn it off and restart of course. However getting specific miles is hard to do b/c it takes the mileage u want and multiplies it by 1,600 and then put it in hex however the way it does it the rounding makes the number off.

For example. if ya try 1,500 miles: 1,500 x 1, 600 = 2400000
so that'd be 20A0C250 00249F00. However b/c of rounding it might only come out to be like 1,455 miles or something. I think the higher too that number ya trying to get the more it'll be off due to the rounding. I know speedrifter had a maxed bspec save with like -1 million miles...which I could back to 0 now but leave it to me to lose the thing..lol.

Yea..that's how I'm trying out the bspec thing with a new gamesave to be safe. Looks like we in the same boat on trying to get it to work. The memory address for the Bspec mileage is 20A0C250 for NTSC. Ive used it to get mine back down to 0 and it does add the mileage back correctly once ya turn it off and restart of course. However getting specific miles is hard to do b/c it takes the mileage u want and multiplies it by 1,600 and then put it in hex however the way it does it the rounding makes the number off.

For example. if ya try 1,500 miles: 1,500 x 1, 600 = 2400000
so that'd be 20A0C250 00249F00. However b/c of rounding it might only come out to be like 1,455 miles or something. I think the higher too that number ya trying to get the more it'll be off due to the rounding. I know speedrifter had a maxed bspec save with like -1 million miles...which I could back to 0 now but leave it to me to lose the thing..lol.

B-spec Mileage inaccuracy is not due to rounding, it is due to an incomplete testing. You multiply the mileage you want by 1,609.297 and drop the decimal, then convert it to HEX.

Example 1: 1,500 miles x 1,609.297 = 2,413,945.5 (convert 2,413,945 to HEX to get 24-D5-79)

Example 2: 1,000,000 miles x 1,609.297 = 1,609,297,000 (5F-EB-EC-68 HEX)

I could be slightly off, but within less than 1/1,000,000th, accurate enough I think.

Now onto the B-spec solution, it wasn't the most scientific solution but it worked.
B-Spec Skill -10,000
Machine Skill - 100
Course Skill - 100
Battle Skill - 100

Those are the max stats right?¿
You know all those values you entered, just change every byte to FF, yes that is setting all 388-bytes to FF.

Who 'da man?¿

Last edited:
Ah....wow however u figured that out on the mileage...ya go man...lol. OMG!! U got it?! yep those r the stats! I thought something earlier about FF since ive seen it do other things like remove parts and such. As far as the code itself though how do u put in the FF?

20A0C270 FFFFFFFF (would ya just skip this one since its blank?)
20A0C274 FFFFFFFF
etc.

Like that?

U r the man!!!!!!!!!! Id pay ya if I was rich...lol. :) This is so gonna end up as a post...lol. THanks mean! I appreciate it!

Ah....wow however u figured that out on the mileage...ya go man...lol. OMG!! U got it?! yep those r the stats! I thought something earlier about FF since ive seen it do other things like remove parts and such. As far as the code itself though how do u put in the FF?

20A0C270 FFFFFFFF (would ya just skip this one since its blank?)
20A0C274 FFFFFFFF
etc.

Like that?

U r the man!!!!!!!!!! Id pay ya if I was rich...lol. :) This is so gonna end up as a post...lol. THanks mean! I appreciate it!

The mileage was trial and error, and math, with big numbers, I started with 100k and kept adding 100k, by time I was at 1 mil I had it narrowed down perfectly. And to double check I used your example 1,500, to confirm.

Yeah you got it, the 20A0C270 address would be skipped, and any other address in my table that is blank. Just like you did with the 20A0C274 FFFFFFFF, only do it 96 more times and you should have it. (as long as you didn't mis-enter a memory address you should be golden.)

If your going to post all the codes, enjoy a lot of typing. (copy and paste is your friend)

Anyway for future reference FF is the largest number in HEX (FF = 255) (FFFF = 65,535) (FFFFFF = 16,777,215) (FFFFFFFF = 4,294,967,295)

Last edited:
OMG I did it but its not quite right lol

B-Spec Skill -10,000
Machine Skill - 100
Course Skill - 100
Battle Skill - 97 yea i'm checking all these addresses!

uh oh! I'm not seeing anything wrong (: but still getting the 97 on the battle skill ya would think it wouldnt go to 10,000 w/o that being 100...i dunno...any ideas? did it work for u?

uh oh! yea again...i'm finding probs since i'm playing the game right now. I used the code as is to have the 100,000 with the except of the 97 for battle skill. Well, I did a bspec race the #s dropped....lol. I guess ya have to just use the code to keep the max and dont race bspec. There's some lil something im' missing..it has to be. This way I was better with my actual stats i did racing...lol. 9998 100 100 98 couldnt find those last 2 for nothing (: Those last 3 is in that code somewhere..I dunno...yea i'm done for the night..getting tired

^^
You had to have a typo in one or more memory addresses.

Yeah it worked fine for me, not sure if it stays there after racing b-spec (without codes active). I usually don't race b-spec, really you got me curious, I guess I'll race b-spec without codes, after I get my Nike 2022 over 900mph. (850 mph currently)

EDIT:

I did a b-spec race with a 'Vette, lapped 2 cars on a 3 lap race, and my stats are still 10,000/100/100/100. You just got to find that typo.

BTW-my Nike did quadruple digit mph!!

Last edited:
Well do ya want the good or the bad news....lol. Good news is that I got it to working with all the stats being maxed!!!!!!!!!! Bad news is if ya turn the code off and ya like lose and not do too well bspecing the #s do go down (: Grrrr! lol. Thanks for all ur help man! Ur a kool guy! Dang that's a fast Nike!

B-spec Max
GS code list (97 codes)
Attached below in Text format (.txt)

Attachments

• B-spec GS Code.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 67
I think I figured out how to make that bspec code stay! Notice I said I think so dont quote me on it....lol. Once ya have the code loaded from gameshark save the game and then restart the game and then save it once again. Ive done that and I havent lost any bspec points from losing or winning. Thanks again for all ur help. I bet everyone gonna love ya...thats a rare code..lol

Hey everyone here r some codes to change the color of ur car in game using gameshark. These r for the NTSC version of the game. Sadly its not quite perfect but almost...lol. The glitch: The color bar next to the car name in the garage doesnt change. So yea I wouldnt recommend saving the game that way. Anyways here's the code.

D064C794 0000FF7E (select + left) note: these button codes r from the disable ai cheat.
00A1F7E8 00000000 (color 1)

D064C794 0000FFDE (selct +right)
00A1F7E8 00000001 (color 2)

If ya want more color choice ya should be able to use other button codes + color code for w/e color u want.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97399

These particular codes r in raw format.

Last edited:
Hey everyone here r some codes to change the color of ur car in game using gameshark. These r for the NTSC version of the game. Sadly its not quite perfect but almost...lol. The glitch: The color bar next to the car name in the garage doesnt change. So yea I wouldnt recommend saving the game that way. Anyways here's the code.

D064C794 0000FF7E (select + left) note: these button codes r from the disable ai cheat.
00A1F7E8 00000000 (color 1)

D064C794 0000FFDE (selct +right)
00A1F7E8 00000001 (color 2)

If ya want more color choice ya should be able to use other button codes + color code for w/e color u want.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97399

These particular codes r in raw format.

Good find, I have 12 similar codes, changing from Color 0 to 11, although I don't really use it much. FYI that code can lockup the game, and you have to change the color back to a valid color to continue using that car. (unless you change the color when your at the race menu)

note: My Nike One 2022, did a top speed of 1,131.14 mph, Should I post how to do it?? FYI the Nike One 2022 doesn't use fuel.

Oh yea! The color changing is great for just messing around racing! I'm definately not saving though. Dang! Talk about speeding with ya Nike One! Cops aint getting ya!...lol. Sure post it. Shoot I wish I found this site when GT4 1st came out. Definately gonna behere for GT5! :)

Nike One 2022 (Insane Version)
133,408HP / 7,250rpm (with 180.7 miles driven)
Torque 108,301.24 ft.lb / 5,750rpm
570kg
Top Speed: 1,201.90 MPH

norec.jpg

Master Power Multiplier (6,553.5%)
10A1F92E 0000FFFF

Secondary Power Multiplier (255%)
00A1F933 000000FF

Weight Multiplier (75%)
00A1D932 0000004B

Engine (TVR Speed 12)
10A1F808 00000691

Downforce FT (200)
00A1F901 000000C8

Downforce RR (255)
00A1F902 000000FF

Spring Rate FT (0.1)
00A1F912 00000001

Spring Rate RR (15.0)
00A1F913 00000096

Final Drive (.550)
10A1F8F8 00000226

Could be improved with some more tinkering with the suspension, weight, downforce, and final drive.

Special Note: The Sound Barrier is around 768 mph

Last edited:
That is awesome!!!!!! Here I was thinking just certain settings to do stuff like that. I totally forgot about the multiplier codes...lol. I'm hoping to have 3 setups per car done one day using setups from gtvault. Yea..that might be a year or two job...lol. Heck probably wont be done even whenever GT5 gets here! Can't wait!

That is awesome!!!!!! Here I was thinking just certain settings to do stuff like that. I totally forgot about the multiplier codes...lol. I'm hoping to have 3 setups per car done one day using setups from gtvault. Yea..that might be a year or two job...lol. Heck probably wont be done even whenever GT5 gets here! Can't wait!

The multiplier codes must be used within reason (101%-800%) on most cars, the nike doesn't use fuel so it's doable far beyond that. As for any other car, the higher the HP the higher the fuel consumption. If you use huge multipliers on regular cars, have Infinite Fuel code ON, even though Inf. Fuel, and inf. tire wear can mess up the replay; the car will get stuck against a wall along the way, during the reply

Good news everyone! You're now reading this in Dr. Farnsworth's voice!

Also, got my Gameshark working. Looks to be a combination of scratches and a well used laser.

Well, now I can start work on my "Bipolar Twins".

I have the opposite problem now, my GT4 disc after numerous scratch repairs, the PS2 is having trouble reading it 👎

oh, and the silly ARMax interface deleted all my codes for the second time

Last edited:
I got a question! What's the difference between the master and the secondary power codes? Is it best to use them both? Just wondering. Thanks as always! :)

I'm not sure, because I've only used one, but I think the second adds, or multiplies the first one. Grumpy will be able to help you.

I got a question! What's the difference between the master and the secondary power codes? Is it best to use them both? Just wondering. Thanks as always! :)

There is the Master Multiplier (2-bytes) can multiply up to 6,553.5% (default is 1000 decimal or 100% (03E8 hex))

The Secondary Multiplier (1-byte) can multiply up to 255% (default is 100 decimal or 100% (64 hex))

Both multipliers apply the multiplication to the car's stock hp, the upgrades add hp by percentage to: the stock HP with multipliers.

So the highest power multiplier would be the master @ FFFF, and the Secondary @ FF, that would equal a 16,711.425% increase in HP.

Back