GT4 playable online via Xlink!

cjrciadt
Thank goodness I upgraded to 5mbps from 3mbps that should enough insurance for online play for me.

well, that much bandwidth won't hurt, but the real problem is getting people to play with that have a good enough ping... <100 is supposed to be playable... but i only plan on playing competivly against people with 20-30 MS ping (meaning, in my own city)

Hajaz
VV: you described the game as having constant jerks?

do you mean it stutters at regular intervals?
If so i think it might very much be down to routing/spyware/upload related issues.
Did you try 6 player toca today on kai?
remember that sony online doesnt require your pc to run, so spyware etc wouldnt affect that.
Do me a favour and try running adaware and spybot for cleaning up your system, then try it again
My computer is clean, thanks. :D And I checked my bandwith with a measure tool.

The jerks are permanent, but not constant. We can observe some little variations of them during the race. But the lag is present from the beginning to the end of the race, even before the race start, when the camera turns around the cars.

Another point : I was not in during the second test with the 1024 UBW hoster. It was made by two players only : Pricer and the guy who has hosted. And they had the same lag, so the problem don't come from my connection.

Anyway, when more guys will have the game, we can test it more deeply.

tiptopcream
Have you tried playing with Japanese users - this goes to VV and Pricer too.
Sure, but first we must find a japanese guy who speaks english ... :rolleyes:

Me wonders, is it possible to choose cars from the "garage" or whatever when racing over LAN/Kai or is it the same as with 2P Arcade mode?

You can test it by yourself. In the lan options, put the number of players to 1, and then the lan mode start even you are alone.

BAZZ
Me wonders, is it possible to choose cars from the "garage" or whatever when racing over LAN/Kai or is it the same as with 2P Arcade mode?

No you can't.

At start of game you have only in lan mode 10 LM (Apex, ASL, Cusco, RX7, 2 Penzoil, tom'supra, takata, woodone and Z).

After i get my GT4 and BB-A (BroadBand-Adapter) we can test the whole night...
Yes we dont have right now a japanese guy who really talk english.
But at least one guy (me) who can understand english/german/bosnian and a bit japanese. And i have some friends (in japan) some of them are online on MSN. So i will try to work with some guys from kai to make japanese thread for GT4 so we can get more infos... Make it a bit more international style :)

i think 1Mbit upload should be enough for 2online(LAN)player's... We will see.

_3000GT
i think 1Mbit upload should be enough for 2online(LAN)player's... We will see.

My ISP gives me 1.4Mbit down -and- 130Kbps up.

I sure hope this will be fast enough. I've installed Kai, now all thats missing is GT4 :drool:

i just find it weird that there's 60 japanese people in the gt4 arena right now, if the game is unplayable due to lag :s

hoping to get some more testresults asap

Attachments

• kai.JPG
    kai.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 78
Hajaz, I managed to talk to a group of players who I could communicate with the other day. They say the majority of players have excellent connections and see pings under 40. My uplaod is near 700 and I didn’t see any Japanese players with pings under 200 with the exception of one. All the folks from my side of the pond were under 60 which I expected. . figured for sure 80ms was good enough !. . If this is fact. . . oh damn! that mean I can only hang with guys from north America. :indiff:

In four posts, here's 3 East Coast ppl. PS2BBA next week for me, then I'm off to the races!
BTW Live For Speed shows ping as low as 20ms, New Jersey/Brazil/Germany in a draft!
Hoping it will play just like Gt3 iLink thanks to team Xlink Kai!

pricer
No you can't.

At start of game you have only in lan mode 10 LM (Apex, ASL, Cusco, RX7, 2 Penzoil, tom'supra, takata, woodone and Z).

Ahh ok.. Well, thats not just a bit upsetting....... 👎 PD.

Welcome to GTP priser. :)

Thrill31
I'm from NY and played Socom Daily with people from South America. And Europe. Much fun. And didnt see any lag.

I too went online w/Kai and Played Socom II today. It was my first time playing Socom, but I wanted to test my setup before GT4 arrives. 👍 The online performance was good with 3 out of the 4 players on my team. I think the fourth player had a bandwidth issue, but I didn't have time to confirm this.

I'm personally thinking about switching ISP's if my budget allows, since I now have an additional broadband option in my area (I'm currently using DSL, but might add -or- swtich to Cable Modem :D ) I'm craving the additional speed.

Either way I saw folks setting up GT4 arena's with 6+ users, so it's definetly game worthy. I also noticed that there were sixty or so folks in the GT4 section this afternoon. I think about 4 of them spoke english.

When this game finally ships to the U.K. & U.S. - It's gonna be WILD :cool:

In the meantime I'll just keep shooting for faster Nurburgring lap times with the demo.

EDIT: My pings with Socom II are around 64, so I'm guessing my connection is fast enough. But it would be nice to see some stats for various connection speeds/ping times and GT4 w/Kai experience (e.g. ping # good for ## Online Players).

Giancarlo
I thought PD was releasing an online pack of some kind for GT4, later on in the year?

Yeah, and how many times did the release date slip for the current release?

...I'm still waiting for my copy to ship.

Giancarlo
What does that have to do with anything?

Since the current version of GT4 is becomming available long after it's expected release date (which has slipped to many times to mention) - one has to wonder if any follow-up versions of GT4 will be released when they're initially expected.

No doubt GT4 is game worthy today over at Xlink but it seems you have to live next door to your opponent for lag free play. Have no clue about the integrity of the netcode being used. . . guess I’ll find out when copies arrive :crazy:

CMe
Since the current version of GT4 is becomming available long after it's expected release date (which has slipped to many times to mention) - one has to wonder if any follow-up versions of GT4 will be released when they're initially expected.

Well that's a given. ;)

Forget to translate that!

I understand a bit Japanese. And the problem is on the pc he used that day wasnt asian lang. supportet thats why we just see weird signs. instead of for example: &#26085;&#29987;&#12473;&#12459;&#12452;&#12521;&#12452;&#12531; ;)

I allready contact a guy from a japanese GT4 Forum (its he's forum)
and i saw he also explain how to set everything up to work with Kai or another software (but i forgot the name).

Just wait a bit longer... It will be teste'd.

See ya hajaz (when i get my GT4JPN and BB-A). :)

As far as i kno, people in asia especially Japan and Hong Kong they pay for 10mbps internet connection as the same price as people pay for 512kbps internet connection in UK...

Man that's so *****d up! UK companies are nothing but, out of date theives.

no wonder they dont experience much lag

Latest Posts

Back